Zoop

Server suddenly stopped working

Out of the blue, nobody can connect to my server any longer and it gives the following error in the .rpt file;

"NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server"

Anyone know what could be causing this, as I'm stumped? Nothing changed server-side, as far as I'm aware.

Which server. I ask because I've just been having issues connecting to my usual server.

Server is ZA1.

Been running fine for the last two months. No recent hardware or software changes.

Restart the TCP/IP stack on that box....if fault persist it means router/firewall cant handle internal address for your server.

Edited by Drogur

I've just had exactly the same problem while running ARMA 2 with ACE (not running Day Z).

Hosting off my local machine (non-dedicated server), been running this server for a few weeks without issues.

Then, in the middle of a playing session this evening (we were playing an Isla Duala map with 5 people) a new person tried to join us, He got "Connecting failed" after entering the password correctly. One existing player disconnected to help him, and then was also unable to rejoin the server.

I shut down the server and restarted it without closing the client, and then no-one could connect at all. Since then, everything has been tried with no success; suddenly no-one can connect to anyone else.

.rpt fail reads "NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server".

Getting "connection failed" from US77 also. If you leave you can't come back...has gone from 30 plus down to 4 players in a couple of hours. No one can join.

Server admin abuse? hacker hijack? or just FUBAR? I don't know but it's annoying.

Here is the screeny of the 4 that seem to be left. They have been on there the whole time (over 2 hours) now over 3 hours with just those 4???

arma2oa2012-07-2216-03-57-847.jpg

Edited by rjack85

So nobody knows how to fix it? Nobody has been able to play on my server since the restart.

I don't even know where to start looking. It's a dedicated server being rented from an ISP, so I have no access to the hardware, and I highly doubt they'd change anything without informing us.

DE 607

85.114.152.183:10400

Your server is up, however it does not follow the DayZ naming convention, please change this ASAP.

This issue was happening to my servers (US 260 - 263) and out of the blue they started working again. Must have been a DC issue or something. Very weird.

Yes the server is up but you cannot connect. It keeps in state "Creating" and says "Connecting failed" to every attempt.

Server name should be fine now.

If you guys could submit support tickets from the account that has the server registered to it, that would be great.

so its working again for no reason it seems. didnt touch anything for a while. all good (for now)

Well, glad to hear, that's good. Might have just been a hiccup.

Still having this issue. Have posted on the BI forums, but no replies there yet.

Doesn't seem to be Day Z related, at least.

Edited by Caddrel

There's a thread on the Troubleshooting forums where a lot of users are reporting the same issue:

http://dayzmod.com/f...ed/page__st__20

A few unrelated posts in there, but most people reporting the same symptoms/problem.

The main error on clients connecting is, "NAT Negotiation failed (NNThink - result 2)"

The server error being shown is, "NAT Negotiation failed - unable to communicate with the server"

This is happening with modded ARMA 2 OA servers as well:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135123-Dedicated-Server-NAT-Negotiation-Failed&p=2193217#post2193217

Edited by Caddrel

A friend did some research:

"On the servers where I can connect, Arma immediately tries to connect to port 2302.

Whereas the games where it doesn't work, ArmA tries to negotiate the UDP using 69.10.30.x IPs - I'm guessing those are the negotiation servers.

(And they answer with ICMP Destination unreachable)

IGN owns Gamespy, right?

The 69.10.30.x IPs resolve through IGN's dns servers.

It could be that in case where the server is behind a NAT it'll do the negotiation."

Edited by Caddrel