calranthe

Stuff changes the way you play

I killed my character today, he was okay equipped to take on zombies, winchester, 1911, hk mp5 in the backpack, ammo, food drink, binoculars, map, compass and knife with matches.

This was my first time getting into cheno getting equipped and heading out into the forest and I hated it.

Call it paranoia call it freaked out I was focused on keeping what I had found that I avoided everyone, my entire gameplay changed.

I realise that I was having more fun with the newbie pistol searching for beans and more likely to meet up with people as I had little or nothing to loose.

So I found a nice little town lined up my winchester and started blowing away zombies, at the 24 mark I realised to make this more fun I needed to hold the high ground so up a ladder I went, many shots were fired and ammo ran low, switched to my 1911 and continued with that emptying everything I had, drank all my water ate all my food set of flares and went a little crazy.

I think at the moment I am dead server did a disconnect just when I was switching to my hk mp5 for a last stand at 4000 blood and bleeding, looking forward to being back at the shore with a makarov :)

I would agree. Lost tons of loot last night and you really are scared to lose your stuff, especially in my case where other players were to be the recipients of that gear.

As soon as I spawned on the beach I started shooting at another guy with my Makarov just of kicks.

The Makarov brings freedom. Every new bit of kit adds paranoia.

Although I will say I have a new respect for the winchester, that is a wonderful main anti zombie weapon.

But dont you get a sense of achievement by surviving encounters, or even getting out of hairy situations loaded up?

If not, why not just stay by cherno or electro with Makarov and shoot around?

I get the crazy adrenaline rush when i know i can lose all i've worked for last few days, right now, because of one mistake..

Maybe one day, I just think in alpha it is way too unbalanced a game, suposedly about surviving a zombie apoc is turning into a purely pvp game, which does not interest me.

Not really a complaint still love this mod I just think the bandit pvp side of it needs more balance and consequence, even for the very simple idea of "I need this person alive to kill zombies with me"

I've found playing with a group of people is a lot far more entertaining then solo running around.

With a group of few, bandits are a lot less inclined to attack you, and usually end up running away as they don't want to die themselfs. However, if your alone you'll find yourself

getting killed much more often.

Maybe one day' date=' I just think in alpha it is way too unbalanced a game, suposedly about surviving a zombie apoc is turning into a purely pvp game, which does not interest me.

Not really a complaint still love this mod I just think the bandit pvp side of it needs more balance and consequence, even for the very simple idea of "I need this person alive to kill zombies with me"

[/quote']

This game is not about balance, Rocket has said that himself.

"The Makarov brings freedom. Every new bit of kit adds paranoia."

Couldn't agree more, even half geared up leaving the familiarity of the coast where you can simply just accept death you would not imagine just how much scarier Zeds got..

Maybe one day' date=' I just think in alpha it is way too unbalanced a game, suposedly about surviving a zombie apoc is turning into a purely pvp game, which does not interest me.

[/quote']

This game is fun!!!

Every person complaining is what i dont understand...

especially when i hear the suggestion of "NPC guarded towns" or that new Ai guarded place ontop of Stary Sobor in Norway.

I hate all of that honestly cause it reminds me of Flyff and other rpgs. The game is original! no other game i know that is like it atm. but now when people make these suggestions especially when there is a consequence system for killing others? WTF? this is all in my opinion.

If there was a consequence system what would it be? It would be some game where the game holds your hand its breaks the game slowly into you "You have to survive. Zombie Apocalypse. Die now or try to survive."

Whoever dies to a a bandit or a survivor and cries about it annoys me. I lost a coyote backpack and all my gear before and im still playing! Jeez i was annoyed at that but hey its part of the game and we just gotta move on. If there was a consequence system it wouldnt seem fair. Id still kill everyone if there was a consequence. Join a clan or group up with clan mates if you want some kind of group.

I was afraid to lose my stuff only first few deaths, but now it takes me three hours (two hours, if I meeting someone on my way :) to fully re-equip myself so this not affect my gameplay at all.

The risk of losing everything is a huge part of what makes this mod what it is, without that sense of loss when you die you may as well play . The funny thing is that once you're away from the coast all you have to do is avoid the airfield and your risk of death drops to next to nil.

The more stuff you get, the more boring the experience becomes. You are constantly checking, murdering, observing, managing inventory etc.

It's just not fun once you get good stuff. The other day I had just looted the NW airfield and it suddenly hit me... that i'd have to run for 45 mins to get back to anything interesting.

I proceded to run onto the airfield throwing flares and lighting glowsticks and shooting off my M4 and G17 at anything that moved. The whole place was lit up like a christmas tree and I called for someone to put a bullet through my head.

For some reason on a 50 player server, no one did. So I looted some more guns 'n ammo and just shot at stuff for another half hour in the full light of flares until a zombie knocked me over.

You know what I felt after I died with an M4, a G17, cyote pack and a CZ and ALL the equipment save NVGs.

Relief.

This was a 35 hour character with 15 murders mind you :huh:

I respawned and I admit it, i'm now the guy taking your head off in cherno/electro with a CZ i found 5 mins ago at 600m for the "lulz"

In a split second I somehow lost the will to survive in a survival game and suddenly didn't care what happened to me.