dead ben

Wildies vs Coasties. Which are you?

I'm that dick that shoots you when you have the balls to pop a flare at night.

Dick? That's emergent gameplay!

:D

My haunts include the Black Forest' date=' Zelen and surrounding villages, and sometimes I'll hit the Sobors to watch the carnage. I won't head up to the airport in daylight, and until I have NVGs, won't go there at all.

[/quote']

It is not worth waiting until you have NVGs. You just have to be careful.

I like hitting deer stands. I got a map and mark em when I find em.

Live off those things. Stalk..creep...lurk...low...slow..rifle cocked, and ready to go.

Wilderness > Coast.

It really is starting to piss me off seeing all these new people go into the big cities.

I have to this day, never been into Elektro or Berezino. I went into Cherno once, for all of two minutes because I saw an ALICE pack in an apartment.

GET OFF THE BEACH! It takes me all of fifteen seconds to get off the beach and disappear into the fucking wilderness, so it really bugs me when I hear people bitching about getting killed along the beach.

All I've ever heard, judging by the chat that I see, are bad stories coming from the coast. So and so sniped me in Cherno, so and so is a bandit and won't stop spawn killing me on the beach, so and so just shot me in the back as a survivor.

Get away from the coast unless you need blood bags, and even then... just kill animals and get blood back that way.

I always head North. However, it's no less dangerous. People are generally better equipped, albeit less plentiful and with the new updates the zombies are also just as plentiful as if you're in a full sized town. However, it's definitely not packed with noobs running around shooting at you with their makarovs.

I had been hanging around the two large cities, largely because I was forver spawning near there but also because I have been finding my feet with the game so to speak. These were not pleasant experiences, really.

The other night I grabbed some beans and a couple of cans of pepsi from the outskirts of cherno and headed north.

What delight!

I'll now spend my days hiking through the forest and wistfully dreaming of days gone by; memories of a simpler chernarus. Skipping and dancing through open fields of long grass with rabbits and butterflies. Whole towns to loot to myself. Ponds and dams to drink from until you can drink no more. Seemingly endless spawns of winchester rounds to lodge into the infected skulls of zombies.

Evenings here are peaceful. No gunshots ringing throughout the night and not a flare to be seen.

I loved the hiking, slowly moving in the north from town to town. temp mechanic fucked that up though.

When I start off, I tend to drift from small village to small village along the coast, and when I think I've gathered enough supplies, I head north and stay there. The one time I returned to a large town was VERY profitable, though. The power plant outside of Elektro had about 8 dead players in it, who had nothing taken from their corpses save one guy who had no ammo (heck, he could have been out of ammo in the first place). I got a TON of stuff and kept it for another two days until I accidentally fired my weapon in front of a group of 20 zombies. I could have dealt with them, but I only had about 5 rounds left.

Now that you can refill your water in ponds and dams, though, I doubt I'll be returning to the coast very much at all. I always had trouble finding delicious Coca-Cola or wells, and when I did find wells, they were surrounded by zombies.

I always head North. However' date=' it's no less dangerous. People are generally better equipped, albeit less plentiful and with the new updates the zombies are also just as plentiful as if you're in a full sized town. However, it's definitely not packed with noobs running around shooting at you with their makarovs.

[/quote']

Agreed.

I've never gone far north yet, but lately have been wandering the mid-area of the map, expanding my explored territory.

I rarely encounter players, but frequently have to fight my way out of a village because I blinked and got too close to a Zed. Earlier today I had to evacuate a town 4 times in a row, pulling a small train of zombies each time, ended up losing about half my blood, all for the sake of trying to find something to drink. LOL

I like bringing my military weapons from up north down to the coast and live off of player loot xD

thats only when im in a bandit mood though

when im in survivor mood and friendly I stay up north all the way

If i've just spawned I'll go to whatever city is close and do one sweep of it for gear. When I have a compass, map, matches and Knife (and of course something better then the Makopopgun) I go straight North.

I generally dont go any farther south than stary sober and novy sober. The only reason why I was in electro for the past 3 days was to assist in the repair of a bugged helicopter on the Electro fire station. Now that its a after thought I will be staying at my normal hunting grounds.

I mix it up every other death... First char I did the extreme survival never enter open field creep and scope out every town for hours before entering etc... lasted a while then died to a glitch and realized was all for naught so since then I mix it up, Ill stick around the coast and join groups and shoot bandis and have a grand ole time then on next respawn ill head inland do some searching and exploring and living off the land.

Currently Im gathering some supplies to head back inland with.

Like everyone has said... Wanting to survive? You head inland... Want action? Stick to the Coast...

I won't get near the main towns and coast unless it's right at the beginning and I want to try my luck finding good gear, or I'm part a large group of survivors (ie 4 or more). The rest of the time I enjoy planning trips to new places I haven't been to yet and bumping into generally less trigger happy survivors that you find in the wild - it feels more like survival and less like deathmatch.

When I first spawn I head for the nearest city, get myself geared up then usually head inland to continue surviving.

Avoiding high loot areas when you have just spawned is silly because you have nothing to lose.

I tend to like the north. I like going to the smaller towns and barns and fields. Scoping them out, blasting zombies with my winchester and revolver. I love having tons of food, soda, and hunting. Only head to towns for medical supplies or the occasional rescue mission.

I have been focusing on the castle areas but now am trying out the area around the NW airfield. Time to get me an AKM and see how that feels.

I am the guy dragging 20 zeds in tow screaming runaway in Elektro, just cause I don't care after I have gotten killed. Freaks everyone else out, plus I am sure it makes for some funny watching.

Been alive since 16/4 doing anti-clockwise laps of Chernarus. Whenever I am passing the coast I tend to stick at least 2km inland and only ever brave making the occasional dash to Elektro powerstation or the NE airfield.

Its so much easier to survive in the wilderness. Sticking to the coast is asking for trouble. More players = more bandits. However once you go a certain distance north you can treat everyone else as hostile. Survivor skin, bandit skin, makes no difference to me. I see you, I will track you. I will hunt you. I will eliminate you. Its nothing personal. Its survival.

What has tracking and murdering a player to do with survival?

You give away your own position by shooting another person and could attract other players and the Z. Just says so if you want to deathmatch, just don't call it 'survival'.

I hang around in Chernogorsk all the time. The town is mine.

I had bad experiences in the wilderness and find chernogorsk a lot safer.

People up north shoot anyone and anything for just being there.

Its so much easier to survive in the wilderness. Sticking to the coast is asking for trouble. More players = more bandits. However once you go a certain distance north you can treat everyone else as hostile. Survivor skin' date=' bandit skin, makes no difference to me. I see you, I will track you. I will hunt you. I will eliminate you. Its nothing personal. Its survival.

[/quote']

I'm sure the bandits in Cherno would say the same thing. I'd bee much more likely to try and make contact with someone in the north than the south simply due to the fact they're probably not a bandit. Your behavior only exacerbates the problem.

I like the wilderness, freedom to roam and explore where I want.

I've met a couple of survivors so far and wonder what their intentions are but if they communicate in some way and only want to loot we usually go our separate ways.

not all of us "newbies" rush to the cities - I actually spawned right next to Electro and made a beeline away from it...

I don't know if id say I am a "wilder" - I generally stay to the Midlands and haven't ever gone anywhere near the far North...

the Midlands see to be the safest - lots of farms/small towns to loot and not very many survivors (which means few Bandits) - I think I haven't fired a shot in 3 days now and while I did hear shooting the other day in those 3 days I have only seen 1 other survivor (we walked right into each other in a small town) and he seemed more scared of me than I was of him...

I was in Elektro two nights ago now. Found everything I need.2 watchesm 2 compasses, knife, matches, wood, toolbox, Whinny. Bunch of shells a few sodas, and few cans oh beans. Headed North west to Pusta. Not sure where to now.

Patrolling most of the map basically, 1-2 each day. Whenever dying I try to find a compass in the nearest town to where I'm spawning and head directly to one of my teams rendezvous away from the coast.

Wilderness is comforting but most excitement happens in the towns so I guess I'm 50/50.