DigitGreen (DayZ)

Sins of a hacking gamer...

That on the other hand, is incorrect. If I just started to cheat again, doing the same thing I just did, then I have learned nothing, which you fail to understand, is the point of this whole thread. Making a mistake, learning from it, and using it to prevent yourself from doing it again. That is what I am trying to do, and I am going to try my hardest to never cheat again. Who knows, maybe I will let the beauty of cheating seduce me into using it again. I'm not going to let it happen, but maybe It'll "slip" If I do that, then this whole post would be for nothing, and all of our time here would have been wasted. Which is why it drives me further to never use scripts again. I can't make you agree that I will never cheat again, hell, I may, but I can tell you that I do fell regret, and I will try to avoid this situation in the future.

Also, I do not want a clean slate, my name is now known as "that guy who cheated and made a butthurt post about it." and I accept that, what I am trying to do, is to become something better than that. Sure I could make another profile and start on a clean slate, but that's just "cheating" and nothing is learned from that, and I will never do it again.

You just said you may cheat again.

You didn't learn anything, that's the point. You got caught. You KNEW before you got caught it was wrong. You spent paragraphs explaining how you cheated in other games and realised it was wrong, you spent paragraphs saying how it ruined the experience, and how you couldn't learn and got beaten down by regular players, yet, you continued to do it! If you really did learn, you would have stopped then, but you didn't. You even say you may do it again now if you feel tempted.

It's damn well not a problem getting a clean slate... he could have bought the game again, telling no-one and stopped cheating. By doing what he is doing now, he instead have the balls to actually take responsibility of what he did, and there is respect in that.

Oh, and one more thing. This weekend one guy bursted into a movie theater, killing almost 20 people, injuring more, as you must have heard. One year ago, on this exact date, one of my best friends was killed in the Utøya terrorist attack among 68 other people, in addition to those who died in the Norwegian governmental office... Cut this guy a break, there are people who are much, much worse than hackers... it's just a video game after all... Try to see things in perspective.

How on EARTH can you make a comparison? There isn't one. Not even close. So because something happened then that's worse, it makes this alright? Where is the logic there. So we should cut this guy a break because the twin towers got taken down a decade ago? Or because of the London bombing? None of that is relevant in the slightest. Bad crap happens in the world, we deal with it, and for the most part it rarely effects the majority. This is a game which we all play (obviously, since we're all on the forum) so hacking effects us all.

"I actually read that wall of text."

You read it, but you didn't take it in, here's why:

"Why do you think you're so self entitled that you can ruin other peoples game play because YOU screwed up?"

In the post, or as you refer to it as "a wall of text" I said that I never harmed anyone, nor did I steal, destroy, or in anyway ruined the experience for anyone

"You've hacked all your short gaming life got owned the minute you went up against non hackers,"

Actually I said that I cheated, not hacked, but used cheat codes like the ones in GTA, to make them easier, because of me putting no effort in to the games, when I played Multiplayer PVP games, I got my s**t rocked because I lacked the experience from earlier games.

Please reread the post, and act like you actually give a shit before you post, or don't post at all.

What a load of crock. People are trying to make themselves feel better about themselves by telling him hacking is wrong? Get real. I personally hate hackers, always have. I'm sure many feel the same. I've done plenty wrong in my life too, but there's a difference, I don't deliberately do crap that effects others. A hacker KNOWS they are doing wrong. It effects OTHER peoples game play. Cheating in a single player game? Sure, go ahead. Cheating in a MP game? No excuse what so ever and a ban is exactly what's needed, and it should stay permanent, otherwise everyone will do it just "once" and then come saying how it's a mistake etc etc when caught.

It's easy to say "I won't do it again" once caught.

As I said, it's easier just to simply buy the game all over again (summer sale on steam) and just act like it never happened. The one thing that made his post valuable was the fact that he didn't once whine to get his account back, he accepted the fact that it was permanently banned. Whether or not he is planning to buy the game over and keep playing or not is simply irrelevant, because neither way did this post do anything to help him. If he hadn't posted, and bought the game over, nobody would have known that his nickname was "dirty"... Now we know.

Tell me, what can he possibly gain from this post, if his intentions aren't as he is stating? What would he win for lying? Sympathy? Hell no, just look at the responses.

The point isn't that people act this way against hackers, it's a very common trait among humans. If someone makes a mistake, and it becomes public, everybody can't wait to express how awful they think people are, and make it clear how much better they are than them. To fight that urge is a very unique trait, and a rare one. We all do mistakes, and have no problem admitting that we might do... however, we rarely admit them when we are talking about specifics, and we tend to forget about our own flaws when someone else shows their flaws... It doesn't matter whether it's about cheating in games or talking behind someones back, it's the courage of putting yourself in a position where you are vulnerable that is admirable here.

• Like 3

I don't need to give a shit to post.

I read it just fine also. As I said, you got your shit rocked and...hacked. Which is what you did before. You got your shit rocked in GTA and entered cheat codes. You got your shit rocked in DayZ and hacked it.

You just said you may cheat again.

You didn't learn anything, that's the point. You got caught. You KNEW before you got caught it was wrong. You spent paragraphs explaining how you cheated in other games and realised it was wrong, you spent paragraphs saying how it ruined the experience, and how you couldn't learn and got beaten down by regular players, yet, you continued to do it! If you really did learn, you would have stopped then, but you didn't. You even say you may do it again now if you feel tempted.

That's because while I knew it was wrong, I didn't receive any real consequence for it, until I tried to play against other people. Now that begs the question why didn't I stop there, well, I didn't realize all of this until I got banned from DayZ.

Also, I want to say that this has made me a completely changed man, and that I will NEVER, EVER cheat again. But come on, let's be realistic, we all try to take short cuts once in a while, in everything, I'm trying to say that I'm gonna try HARDER not to do that. I'm not saying I'm Mr. Perfect and that I will never cheat again, I said I will try to better myself.

• Like 1

As I said, it's easier just to simply buy the game all over again (summer sale on steam) and just act like it never happened. The one thing that made his post valuable was the fact that he didn't once whine to get his account back, he accepted the fact that it was permanently banned. Whether or not he is planning to buy the game over and keep playing or not is simply irrelevant, because neither way did this post do anything to help him. If he hadn't posted, and bought the game over, nobody would have known that his nickname was "dirty"... Now we know.

Tell me, what can he possibly gain from this post, if his intentions aren't as he is stating? What would he win for lying? Sympathy? Hell no, just look at the responses.

The point isn't that people act this way against hackers, it's a very common trait among humans. If someone makes a mistake, and it becomes public, everybody can't wait to express how awful they think people are, and make it clear how much better they are than them. To fight that urge is a very unique trait, and a rare one. We all do mistakes, and have no problem admitting that we might do... however, we rarely admit them when we are talking about specifics, and we tend to forget about our own flaws when someone else shows their flaws... It doesn't matter whether it's about cheating in games or talking behind someones back, it's the courage of putting yourself in a position where you are vulnerable that is admirable here.

All of my beans, all of them.

What does it matter? We wouldn't KNOW if he bought the game again, he could already have!

Rocket also puts up names of hackers, so there's the answer to "what could he gain". It's saving face as the expression goes. A better question, what does he stand to lose? He can't play this game again, so that account is only good for what? Posting on forums. He could (for all you know) be playing on another account right now. Since the name will come up in the list of bans, he gets a final say at least by posting what he did.

I'm sure a huge portion of people would admit their flaws. The difference is, he didn't admit them and write this post BEFORE he got caught. He did it AFTER. Also, a lot of people despise hackers, so no, you can't blame them for saying how they feel. If someone is going to post how they did stuff that effected other people, then they can not expect other people to say "okay bro, we forgive you" and get in a huff because they don't, then start calling THEM the assholes.

I don't need to give a shit to post.

Then I don't need to give a shit about anything you post here. This conversation is over.

Lol you cheated because you thought you got ripped off of your easy to get items. Swimming makes you lose items, not a glitch, that's what it does. And because you lack the self-control to not cheat, despite you being "wise and more intelligent," you sir, are an idiot. Good day.

PS, you don't have to tell us your life story when on the forums. It's not even interesting, and that's what blogs are for.

Edited by Brudagon

thread tl dr

but if i got it correctly:

brony telling people that he used to be a hacker and now he is not and that they should care ?

typical brony behavior

How on EARTH can you make a comparison? There isn't one. Not even close. So because something happened then that's worse, it makes this alright? Where is the logic there. So we should cut this guy a break because the twin towers got taken down a decade ago? Or because of the London bombing? None of that is relevant in the slightest. Bad crap happens in the world, we deal with it, and for the most part it rarely effects the majority. This is a game which we all play (obviously, since we're all on the forum) so hacking effects us all.

The point was that people find it ok to treat this person as he was the worst kind around. My point was exactly that, there is no comparison, yet people feel justified in treating him like he was the scum of the earth. And I honestly do think that the world would be a much better place if we could just learn to let things go, accept people who say they are sorry and get over it. Why fight an enemy who isn't there. Why not embrace it.

And then there is the psychological point. When someone admits their flaws in front of everybody, especially when they had more than enough chances of no one noticing it, and people react by making judgement and rage, the chances are way higher that they would think "screw this shit, I'm going to keep on doing whatever wrong I did". If more people instead forgave and moved on, the message was that coming clean actually benefits you, and that might even reach others who are guilty of the same thing.

That's because while I knew it was wrong, I didn't receive any real consequence for it, until I tried to play against other people. Now that begs the question why didn't I stop there, well, I didn't realize all of this until I got banned from DayZ.

Also, I want to say that this has made me a completely changed man, and that I will NEVER, EVER cheat again. But come on, let's be realistic, we all try to take short cuts once in a while, in everything, I'm trying to say that I'm gonna try HARDER not to do that. I'm not saying I'm Mr. Perfect and that I will never cheat again, I said I will try to better myself.

I've taken short cuts too, like at work sweeping shit under the desk rather than cleaning it up properly, but I've never once, EVER wanted to hack. I think the last computer game cheat I did was in Doom, IDDQD which was 19 years ago now, and even then I didn't like it since I made it a personal challenge to complete the game on 1% health.

You say you won't ever ever cheat again.

but then a few posts back you say "I can't make you agree that I will never cheat again, hell, I may,"

anyway, I'm done. Got better things to do, like play.

I just cant believe you.

You said you played for three or so weeks yet you get nerd rage over 2 hours of work like you never died and had to start over in that 3 weeks of playing and nothing ever happened to you in that three week span.

Seems like a failed attempt at reconciliation thinking the community and devs are gonna feel bad for an "innocent" script kiddie and remove you're ban.

The real reason you made this post is simply you don't want to pay 30 bucks again for the game and would like to be unbanned.

Hackers gonna hack.

What does it matter? We wouldn't KNOW if he bought the game again, he could already have!

Rocket also puts up names of hackers, so there's the answer to "what could he gain". It's saving face as the expression goes. A better question, what does he stand to lose? He can't play this game again, so that account is only good for what? Posting on forums. He could (for all you know) be playing on another account right now. Since the name will come up in the list of bans, he gets a final say at least by posting what he did.

I'm sure a huge portion of people would admit their flaws. The difference is, he didn't admit them and write this post BEFORE he got caught. He did it AFTER. Also, a lot of people despise hackers, so no, you can't blame them for saying how they feel. If someone is going to post how they did stuff that effected other people, then they can not expect other people to say "okay bro, we forgive you" and get in a huff because they don't, then start calling THEM the assholes.

Acutally, the difference is that I admitted AT ALL. How many hackers have you seen admit their mistakes? I'm one of the few that I know. I could have just not said anything and just moved on, but I didn't.

And I do understand the whole "not apologizing AFTER, and not BEFORE" thing, but at least in my eyes, doing it one or the other is better than not doing it at all, you can agree to that right?

Also, I'm glad this happened, I'm really glad I got banned, because now I learned from this. And if I apologized before, I would have never learned what I learned now. So say what you want, really do it I want you to, I can take criticism (If it's rational and well put together like your's.) But apologizing after I got banned was the best decition in my opinion.

"Lol you cheated because you thought you got ripped off of your easy to get items. Swimming makes you lose items, not a glitch, that's what it does."

Yes, I know that now, read the edit on to bottom of the original post, this was said at least 10 times before you...

"And because you lack the self-control to not cheat, despite you being "wise and more intelligent,""

I never said "I am wise and more intelligent" I said "I am becoming more wise and intelligent." Please re-read the post and act like you give a shit.

'you sir, are an idiot. Good day."

That insult was unnecessary, try to act more respectful on th- oh who am I kidding...

"PS, you don't have to tell us your life story when on the forums. It's not even interesting, and that's what blogs are for."

Acutally, yes I did, again, re read the story. The whole thing about me using cheats and guides as a child was part of the lesson. A lesson you did not analyze.

thread tl dr

but if i got it correctly:

brony telling people that he used to be a hacker and now he is not and that they should care ?

typical brony behavior

No, you did not get it, please reread. And leave my interests out of this, I never mentioned anything about being a Brony. (And how is that typical of a brony?)

you deserve your ban. It dosen't surprise me that a hacker turns out to be a kid under 18.

I've taken short cuts too, like at work sweeping shit under the desk rather than cleaning it up properly, but I've never once, EVER wanted to hack. I think the last computer game cheat I did was in Doom, IDDQD which was 19 years ago now, and even then I didn't like it since I made it a personal challenge to complete the game on 1% health.

You say you won't ever ever cheat again.

but then a few posts back you say "I can't make you agree that I will never cheat again, hell, I may,"

anyway, I'm done. Got better things to do, like play.

Alright then, have fun.

I just cant believe you.

You said you played for three or so weeks yet you get nerd rage over 2 hours of work like you never died and had to start over in that 3 weeks of playing and nothing ever happened to you in that three week span.

Seems like a failed attempt at reconciliation thinking the community and devs are gonna feel bad for an "innocent" script kiddie and remove you're ban.

The real reason you made this post is simply you don't want to pay 30 bucks again for the game and would like to be unbanned.

Hackers gonna hack.

I'm sorry that you don't believe me, but you are incorrect. I do not want them to remove my ban, I want this ban. I learned from it and I embrace it. I actually don't want anyone to unban me now, because I don't deserve it. But, you'll never believe me, and that's the way it is.

you deserve your ban. It dosen't surprise me that a hacker turns out to be a kid under 18.

I know I deserve my ban. And frankly, the way you respond makes you seem like you're under 18.

A short, lazy response that took no effort and was based on first impressions. Yeah, you're the mature one.

I'm all for redemption and forgiveness; we are all flawed and bound to 'screw up'.

That said; I really, really, REALLY dislike any and all propositions for hacking/cheating in games.

In the end; the basics remain. You will go through a period of villification(here and now) and then you just have to pick your shit up and keep plugging on. Nothing more to it.

Edit: spelling.

Edited by LockeDown

Right, You got caught and got a ban!! People make mistakes!! (If something can be used it will be - depends on a given time and place in an individuals choice)

The end, Perhaps next time you can purchase the game again, and support the community and for the love of your god, don't give into temptation when things don't go your way.

You only let yourself down and miss the point of the game(s) you play.

Your penance should be to help other new players when you see them, a little good for the bad you've done goes a long way.

But that is my opinion only!!!!!!!!!!

Most of us probably knew, you're doing this just to get sympathy from 'whoever gullible enough" to side you and have devs unban you.

As much as you claim " NO I do not want to be unbanned " you went on to wrote a wall of text ( which I regret reading but what can I say ? croc tears )

The way you're checking back on the thread so actively to reply every single post that sympathize you with the same pitiful response "yea I am sorry I knew I went too far bla bla bla yada yada" but yet you went on debating with anyone that actually think otherwise. If you are sorry you take every words to heart and move on.

To sum it up, you cheated and you got banned. Move on, don't take it so seriously by posting on the forum about your whole life and then saying how sorry you are. For people like us, we've seen countless of people like you, you are the kind to never confess until you're caught and once you're caught you'll change to the "pitiful mode" and go on pleading and acting all pitiful. To be honest, that is revolting in itself.