DigitGreen (DayZ)

Sins of a hacking gamer...

LOL, there's a bunch of ignorant people on here. If its too long to read don't reply - do us all a favour and save us having to waste our time reading crappy pointless replies.

I take my hat off to the OP. I've done similar things in other kinds of games and I agree it totally spoils it - not just for everyone else but for you. I've had god mode in a couple of MMOs and kitted myself out for a while and you soon realise there's nothing to do and the items you spawned are worth nothing because you never earnt them.

That said, what you should do moving forward is report any exploits you come across to Rocket =) I would hope that this game gets to the point where its not worth the effort for people to use scripts and hacks etc as theres not much you could exploit with them. Perma bans are all fine and well but that doesnt stop the problem. Typically the kind of people that want to disrupt the game use trojans to steal steam accounts and then use innocent peoples accounts to carry out the work. Plus, once a career hacker is banned - that's fuel to the fire for most of the hackers ive come across...

Well, not me, I just got another copy and Im playing DayZ Right now. Hacking was just a one time thing,

I completed GTA 3 and Vice City 100%. Can't do that with cheats.

Anyway, good luck to you I guess.

Actually... you can...

And thanks

Awesome read OP. You kinda spoiled it with the striked out text though (I highlight text when I read it)

Well, you got what you deserved I guess. But it's good to see you won't cheat anymore. Though I wonder what would have happened if you did not get banned. Would you have continued cheating? So the question is, do you feel sorry for cheating or for getting caught cheating?

I felt like I should have gotten something for losing all of my stuff because of a glitch.

Except it's not a glitch. Swimming makes you drop your stuff. Thanks Arma 2!

Needs to be a group of people that go around and track ip's to address and break hacker's computers.

Edited by Mc Coy

Though I wonder what would have happened if you did not get banned. Would you have continued cheating?

If I haven't gotton banned? Yeah, I would have, until I would have gotten sick of using no skill.

So the question is, do you feel sorry for cheating or for getting caught cheating?

I guess it would be both. I mean, As far as I know, I didn't hurt anyone, when I was using the scripts, I didn't kill anyone. Now if I saw someone kill someone with the weapons out of the box, then yes, I would feel bad because their blood would be on my hands. Also, I do know that cheating, no matter for what, is bad and that I should be alright with knowing that I did. And I am.

Actually... you can...

And thanks

BS - Once a game is saved after using cheats the game physically removes content and you cannot get 100% completion.

So, have I got this TL:DR right? 17 year old writes an egocentric novel length post after getting caught? I have a sneaking suspicion that if you didn't get caught you'd still be doing it for quite some time. Eh, got beaten to it a few posts up.

Pretty cool of you to share your story with these guys and not expect pitty, hopefully people will think twice before following in your footsteps. I play the single player mod, not for exploits just because I have awful ping, you might be able to go that route if you still want to get the dayz experience.

-Edit-

Saw you said you got another copy

Edited by AdmiralSunshine

Everyone in this thread seems really butthurt about the whole thing . .

He was just sharing a story. If you don't like it, don't comment. Forums these days, full of improper forum behavior and assholes.

And good for you, for learning your lesson OP. At least you got off easy, a ban from an Arma MOD is pretty much as small time as it gets.

BS - Once a game is saved after using cheats the game physically removes content and you cannot get 100% completion.

Really? on the PS2? I didn't know that.

And you can with hacks

Needs to be a group of people that go around and track ip's to address and break hacker's computers.

But what would that make them? :D

Really? on the PS2? I didn't know that.

And you can with hacks

On the PS2 and XBOX for both GTA3 and Vice City, yes. Not sure on the computer versions of the games.

Edited by Huuwap

You are the definition of a sore/bad loser!!! >:(

Good you owned up but at the end of the day its a game!!! Its not a game if you win all the time is it? :|

A game, a competition to win and lose (see that word lose not sure your on it yet) <_<

Plus not being funny your a kid, you been playing games since 3?? :o I smell bullshit! >:(

Try cheating on your tax when you grow up, see what happens then? :rolleyes:

I dont know this fucking .......................No, no I will not say it again!!! ;)

Edited by Itchy

You are the definition of a sore/bad loser!!! >:(

Good you owned up but at the end of the day its a game!!! Its not a game if you win all the time is it? :|

A game, a competition to win and lose (see that word lose not sure your on it yet) <_<

Plus not being funny your a kid, you been playing games since 3?? :o I smell bullshit! >:(

Try cheating on your tax when you grow up, see what happens then? :rolleyes:

I dont know this fucking .......................No, no I will not say it again!!! ;)

... What?

Stop using emoticons after every sentence.

You are going to be getting so massively flamed for posting this, but I will still give you props for one thing at least - Having the balls to not only realize the shit you've done, but coming here and admitting to it publicly and accepting what comes your way.

And yes, you do deserve all of the hate and the ban. You cheated in an online environment, end of discussion.

To all others - Feel free to hate him for what he did (a fairly simple cheat that did not actually harm anyone), but at least be mature enough to keep it civil and respect his willingness to open up and admit to his actions.

Assholes at the very end he said clearly "-I said it 1000 times and I will say it again. I. Do. Not. Want. To. Get. Unbanned. This post is about a lesson for everyone, not for sympathy, fame, or unbanning, please stop brinnging this up.". And Too long didn't read? You're posting about something you don't know single thing about... Its a pretty cool story and I like it!

Its a pretty cool story and I like it!

I especially liked the part where the entitled script kiddie piece of trash got banned. :thumbsup:

Edited by Dasein808