Doxshund (DayZ)

Stop all development; This must be added immediately

Supposedly deep fried twinkies are the best snack food ever. I've never had one, though.

anyone have the dayz email i can give to them?

nm' date=' im guessing this would be the best one

dayzdevteam@gmail.com

[/quote']

They changed their emails. That email is no longer the ones they use.

Here is the new set of E-mails deadbolt.

Server Hosting Inquiry

General Inquiries

Troubleshooting

Webmaster

Feedback

I left the html in there because I pulled it from the source of the page on the contact us. So probably use staff@dayzmod.com

If you guys can get a letter from the manufacturers' date=' authorizing it. I will add it to the game.

[/quote']

challenge accepted

if anyone else is interested

http://www.hostesscakes.com/contact.aspx

Thanks for the link. Here's the letter I wrote:

To whom it may concern,

On behalf of the DayZ community, I am contacting you, the legal title holders of the trademarked name "Twinkies" to ask that you grant legal permission to the development team of DayZ to use "Twinkies" as a "prop" in their video game.

DayZ (a modification of the game ArmA 2) is a post-apocalypse zombie survival horror game... And how could it be complete without TWINKIES?!?!

One of the owners said: "If you guys can get a letter from the manufacturers, authorizing it. I will add it to the game".

This quote was taken from:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4868

If you are interesting in this (since, after all, it's free advertising)... Please write to the DayZ developers at this link:

http://dayzmod.com/contact.php

Thank-you for your time and consideration.

You probably need to add that the modification is NOT FOR SALE. That the modification DayZ doesn't make any money and nor would it by adding this to the game.

Wait... why are the trademarks of Coke and Pepsi used in the free, non-commercial mod but Twinkies, well, we better get the lawyers involved with this one. :huh:

lol

What I wrote to them

-----------------------------------------

I would like to request that the use of a fictional version of your product be made available for viewing pleasure within the mod, DayZ.

DayZ is a video game and we, as the community, would like to use your product "Twinkies" as an avatar in place for foods.

I feel this would severely benefit your company's sales as you would receive FREE advertisement opportunities to a growing market of 300'000 to 1'000'000 people in the next coming year.

If you could respond to me with written permission for use of your product's logo for the strict purposes of fun and immersion, whilst at the same time providing a strong benefit to you and your company, that would be great.

Thank you for your time.

If you guys can get a letter from the manufacturers, authorizing it. I will add it to the game.

Like you got letters from Heinz, CocaCola and Pepsi? ;3

I live in the UK and have grown up on Hollywood movies that talk about Twinkies. Earliest I remember is Ghostbuster and ofc more recently Zombieland. It was after watching Zombieland that I was determined to eat a Twinkie after all these years. Tried one. Fucking disgusting. Was the Hostess brand make. It was like eating loft insulation with warm jizz in the middle. Actually made me sick. So yeah add Twinkies if you like but they aint all that. Even Woody Harelsson couldnt eat them cos he's a veggie.

Disclaimer: I havent actually tasted warm jizz

Lol. You sir get a cookie for making my day.

Keep this alive, I could well do with twinkies in the game! :D

Edited by TAZZA397

Twinkie factory in post-soviet region?

The game isn't set in the States .... you should be asking where all the empty vodka bottles are.