Sign in to follow this  
Hatchet_Man

Immersive Roleplay

there really needs to be some form of "crafting" or "combining"

Rocket has already stated something like "there is inevitably no way to avoid a crafting system" some time ago.

In real life, when you get duct tape, a kitchen knife, and a broom handle.... you can "craft" a crude spear. I don't see why people keep making references to Minecraft, since there have been loads of games WAY before Minecraft (and quite possibly your date of birth) that had "crafting". It annoys me to no end when people make stupid references to dumb shit to make some imaginary point with no resolve, and try to convince the smart people that they are just a pack of retarded imbeciles for thinking of shit that seems most logical.

~Sol

• Like 1

All great suggestions, but some people on this forum are just depressing...

As Sol said, even Rocket has said crafting will be coming to the game and you would have to be retarded to think that DayZ will not get crafting at some point.

"But this sounds like MINECRAFT, go back to MINECRAFT!"

No, Minecraft did not invent crafting, go back to school.

• Like 2

growing your own food sources is where the game needs to go!! how can you rebuild in a post apololyptic world if all you can scavenge for are beans afterall.

This!

Great idea that I hadn't thought of.

Immersive role play AKA Crafting: MINECRAFT

And the other posts like this one: So, a game did something well, now no other game is allowed to implement similar features. Hmm..... <_< Also, I don't really agree that immersive role-play is also known as crafting. I see them as two seperate, sometimes overlapping, concepts.

Anyway, there are many posts from people who turned bandit or quit after hitting a boredom roadblock. These sorts of crafting and gameplay additions, as suggested by the OP, could give us options and something to work towards beyond bare-minimum survival. They could leads to reasons to keep playing for both the people who like to build and those who enjoy destruction. Immersive gameplay is something to strive for in any game since it tends to spawn a passionate, involved user community. The details matter.

Give us the tools to rebuild this broken world. Some will find enjoyment in kicking down our sandcastles. Others will do something completely different. Much fun will be had by all!

• Like 1