Sign in to follow this  
astroz0mbie

Suggestion for Blood Recovery

The same way you start losing health when you are dehydrated or hungry, you should only recover health if you are fully hydrated and/or fed.

Once you get the slightest bit pink, you stop recovering blood. So your gains are incremental and require you to value your life rather than sprinting out into gun fights, running in to the woods to get full health, then sprinting back in to a fight.

• Like 2

The same way you start losing health when you are dehydrated or hungry, you should only recover health if you are fully hydrated and/or fed.

Once you get the slightest bit pink, you stop recovering blood. So your gains are incremental and require you to value your life rather than sprinting out into gun fights, running in to the woods to get full health, then sprinting back in to a fight.

You do recover blood when you eat.....but recovering blood over time NO just NO

You do recover blood when you eat.....but recovering blood over time NO just NO

I just think it's dumb that you can eat eight pieces of steak and be at full health instantly.

So take it for what it's worth...

Recovering blood slowly over time, would not be "like Minecraft" it would be "like real life".

When you give blood, you have less blood. Your body makes more blood, all by itself...slowly, over time... not instantly when you eat McDonalds.

I for one, support this suggestion heavily. Being fully fed, and hydrated... you SHOULD slowly increase blood. On a related note, blood packs should NOT give you full blood. It should add a set amount (say, 5000 blood for example). Again, this would be more "realistic" in terms of how things would really work, in real life... with a simple mechanic switch-up.

Also, to anyone who uses "no just no"... I hope you die in a fire. :)

~Sol

Edited by Sol

no, just no.

xD xD xD

ok, yes you regenerate blood fast IRL, BUUUUUT. the red blood cell takes a long time to come back, thats why we cant donate blood to fast. just some days ago a hospital employe killed the idea you had, represented by someone else.

no, just no.

xD xD xD

ok, yes you regenerate blood fast IRL, BUUUUUT. the red blood cell takes a long time to come back, thats why we cant donate blood to fast. just some days ago a hospital employe killed the idea you had, represented by someone else.

Link to thread?

I don't understand?

Yes I know it takes days for your blood to regenerate... that's not the point really. Time isn't the issue, since we can already instantly heal broken bones with morphine. Either common food needs to give WAY more than a measly 200 blood back, (while meat needing significantly less on the current scale) or there needs to be a slow blood regeneration over time... like real life (only faster).

I don't see what being a hospital employee has to do with anything. I'm a hopsital employee but I don't know anything about being a doctor... I'm a computer technician.

~Sol

Edited by Sol

so we have bloodpacks, meat, beans and now you want fast regeneration too sol?

sorry astroz0mbie, to few people tags and i cant really find the post, all i know is that it was posted less than 7 days ago.

red blood cells take around 1 month to return to normal values after giving blood. if i am not to wrong. (going by memory here)

edit: i targeted this at sol :P

Edited by Orbmaniac

1. you shouldn't be able to eat 8 steaks and go to full health...

2. you should only recovery blood when you are fully hydrated and fed. (possibly a percentage of that let's say 65% or higher).

3. you could have recovery rates based on food types... beans = 1x, steak = 1.2x water = 1x, soda = 1.2x

edit: :) removed my initial reaction :)

Edited by astroz0mbie

I had exactly the same idea, except with a couple more conditions:

NO human being can eat eight steaks in one sitting. That's just crazy. You shouldn't be able to eat when you are full, and eating food should not fully restore your food bar; different pieces of food should bring back different amounts of food points. And you should regenerate more blood when you are fully hydrated/fed, but it shouldn't stop as soon as you lose a little bit; it should just decrease as you get more hungry/thirsty.

Oh, and one other thing I thought of, your blood should regenerate while you are logged out as well, but perhaps your food/water bars should deteriorate somewhat, as though the player is asleep. This would prevent the boringness of having to hide in the trees for eight hours waiting for your blood to come back. You might have to hide for a while, but when you eventually log out and go to bed in real life (do people actually do this?) then the player would be "sleeping" in DayZ as well, regenerating health.

I heard OJ helps you get blood back after donating and such, so perhaps a carton of the orange miracle juice would restore some blood.

Oh, and one other thing I thought of, your blood should regenerate while you are logged out as well, but perhaps your food/water bars should deteriorate somewhat, as though the player is asleep. This would prevent the boringness of having to hide in the trees for eight hours waiting for your blood to come back. You might have to hide for a while, but when you eventually log out and go to bed in real life (do people actually do this?) then the player would be "sleeping" in DayZ as well, regenerating health.

I feel like this would premote people to exit the game when ever anything bad happens. Like as soon as you take any damage, "AHHHHHH HURRY quit quit quit!" I like the idea of food taking time to give you your blood back. Not too long but not to short either... maybe something like a minute or two for 100 blood. Edited by thatcommiekid

Agree. Meat has too much healng power. At the same time, new characters without bloodpacks/matches need a better way to heal. This would solve both and sounds more realistic as well.

Edited by SamSpam

As this is blood related what about adding drugs like EPO over all increasng blood or iron vitmins speeding up the blood gaining process? With balancing penaltys of course. We dont want people running around with 2 billion blood or regaining blood in 2 seconds.

Recovering blood slowly over time, would not be "like Minecraft" it would be "like real life".

When you give blood, you have less blood. Your body makes more blood, all by itself...slowly, over time... not instantly when you eat McDonalds.

I for one, support this suggestion heavily. Being fully fed, and hydrated... you SHOULD slowly increase blood. On a related note, blood packs should NOT give you full blood. It should add a set amount (say, 5000 blood for example). Again, this would be more "realistic" in terms of how things would really work, in real life... with a simple mechanic switch-up.

Also, to anyone who uses "no just no"... I hope you die in a fire. :)

~Sol

I agree with you sir.

in real life most blood pacs are 1/1.5 fl lieters right? thats a pretty decent ammount... So if your low on blood it would fill you up pretty good.

So, instead of food and water directly impacting blood. Food and water restore just your Hunger and Thirst back to green (good). When both Hunger and Thirst are green a player begins to regenerate Blood (not taking in account status effects that effect Hunger, Thirst, and Blood). Blood Packs can still restore Blood but if your Hunger (starving) and/or Thirst (dehydrated) is really low you still will lose Blood at X units per second.

?

red blood cells take around 1 month to return to normal values after giving blood.

Please STOP REFERRING TO REAL LIFE NUMBERS! (this ain't Caps, I was holding Shift down)

In REAL life an average adult human being can easily survive 3 days with no water and over 20 days with no food. So unless everything else is set according to real life, please stop using this as an excuse for "this should not happen" opinion.

I think it can be added, just has to be balanced to other gameplay features.

And +1 for less food/blood thing. Character should not be able to consume more than 2 portions per hour. At-least with no positive effect.

Please STOP REFERRING TO REAL LIFE NUMBERS! (this ain't Caps, I was holding Shift down)

In REAL life an average adult human being can easily survive 3 days with no water and over 20 days with no food. So unless everything else is set according to real life, please stop using this as an excuse for "this should not happen" opinion.

And +1 for less food/blood thing. Character should not be able to consume more than 2 portions per hour. At-least with no positive effect.

Agreed

They could probably implement the game telling you your full when you try to consume food items when it is full.

food and water needs are faster because it's a game, people usually don't play for 3 days. If you make a game truly realistic it wouldn't be any fun.

I think this is a nifty idea. But ONLY if it's added to the game properly and in lower values. Humans have a natural regeneration and we ofcourse regenerate blood, we wouldnt be able to give blood to a blood bank otherwise. But the natural process is very very slow. So i don't mind getting a little blood back now and then but only if it CANNOT be exploited.

So no blood back on login or logout, only when actually being active in a playing session. And then to the sum of like 500 blood back in an hour. Or less perhaps. If you can keep up the food and drink then i don't know why we wouldnt get a little blood back.

Arguments about realism and authenticity here are pretty silly. Both the current and the suggested ways to regenerate blood are equally fictional. Eating beans after you got a cut doesn't give you all your blood back, and it takes a long time to regenerate blood naturally.

So, argue about this mechanic from a gameplay perspective, not a realism one.