Sign in to follow this  
Blakorr

anyone tried sniping in solni?

i was just near the quarry and found that the upper rim provides an ideal location to look out over the whole city and there is plenty of surrounding forest to retreat into if you're spotted by someone down below. also, you can see the spawn zones if noob killing is your thing. i had a lee enfield and i was able to score headshots on zombies down at the shore with relative ease, so it would be a piece of cake to use a scoped rifle up there. i'm wondering if there's enough player traffic in solni to make it worth using as a sniper's nest. anyone familiar with the area ever tried it?

Not sure never tried it at solni.. I can tell you a good spot though, got me 8 kills in 30 minutes the other day! then after I got killed when I moved looking for a different spot, lost my M24 with a ruck full of ammo to a macarov wielding non-friendly lol :(

Go to the little town behind Balota airfield, walk backwards from the tower you will end up halfway up a hill, about 350-400 meters away from the tower.. go prone at a certain spot and you can see the control tower door and upper level and easily pick off anyone looking for spoils :)

Not sure never tried it at solni.. I can tell you a good spot though, got me 8 kills in 30 minutes the other day! then after I got killed when I moved looking for a different spot, lost my M24 with a ruck full of ammo to a macarov wielding non-friendly lol :(

Go to the little town behind Balota airfield, walk backwards from the tower you will end up halfway up a hill, about 350-400 meters away from the tower.. go prone at a certain spot and you can see the control tower door and upper level and easily pick off anyone looking for spoils :)

i've tried that spot but i'm not a huge fan of it because you can't see into the hangars.

I've been up there a few times, tried to snipe once. It's a good area if people would ever show up aside from the random person who spawns there.

You would probably have a better success rate(Kills/Hour) in Berezino despite the lack of sniping locations if you were going to chill in the East.

sat up there for a half hour. didn't see any player activity aside from a couple people who killed themselves right after spawning.