henrikpeinar@gmail.com

New players guide from Bandit point of view

Do not get in the car with strangers at night... even if they promise you great loots.

Oh that guy... I know exactly who he is.

Soubor:Watto2.jpg

Edited by ChandlerL

good tips, and i learnt all those things from playing the game for a week lol

if new players cant get a handle on the game after a week

then it will lead to high levels of anger/frustration

not the kinda game u can go into expect to "own" everyone in

i spent my first few days making all kinds of mistakes

but i had a blast

running everywhere

making snipers use up a few rounds to kill me insted of 1 shoting me

just learning the map layout, and what not to do can be ones of the best parts of this mod

Devil is right about the gamma/brightness. It is completely unrealistic how dark it gets. If you want it to feel more authentic, run around for about an hour, then change your gamma/brightness as your character's eyes gradually adjust to be able to see better in the darkness.

Besides, the moon should provide more ambient lighting than it does. Just my two cents.

As for flares, I use them all the time. I throw them, make sure they go high from my current position then move to a location where I can see my previous spot. The only people that should be going there is bandits. I do oh so love to shoot those pathetic wastes of life after tricking them with a flare. I've yet to have a single bandit with the mental capacity to realize it is a trap.

So really, I guess the real tip should be: Don't use flares unless you know what you are doing and stay away from flares or the location that they came from, because someone could be waiting to kill whoever goes near that location.

Edited by Nitewing03
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity,how many guys have you actually shot like that? (talking about them being seen near the flares you throw)

Just trying to figure, does people really fall for it?

I have a question for you:

Do you play with gamma hack?

TBH, my pals and me ran around last night at night time, running through woods in the pitch black.

You need a lightsource. We purposely set gamma, brightness to 1 to have the experience of night etc.

Ideally though, I want a nightscope and stalk a group like us using direct comms like "I'm gonna kill you" :)

Edited by Zutha

How does one become a bandit?

I was travelling to Bolotta (<spelling?) then I started hearing gunfire from the airfield just off to my right. I hit the deck in some bushes and spotted two guys looting a body that I presume they had just killed. I was carrying a AS50 so I took them both out. After a couple of mins I circled around to loot them but there was a third guy in the radio tower watching the body's. I saw him and ran, he chased and tried to shoot me, I turned at hit a lucky unscoped shot with the .50. Afterwords, my stats said I had one Murder and two Bandits killed. All three of the guys looked the same. So what determines who is a bandit?

If you have killed five or more survivors you are a bandit. There's no way to tell until you kill them, everybody looks the same.

I have a question for you:

Do you play with gamma hack?

It was discussed before. But yes, I do use the gamma OPTION (not HACK).

If you want to feel as realistic as you can, sure, don't use it and play with flares / flashlights etc. But then don't mind the bullets coming at you from people like me.

You can do all the Don'ts in the original post except the last one if you know what you are doing. Gunshots attract people - hide or run after shooting. Fire is fine as long as you do it away from where people tend to move. Running upright or running over fields is obviously always more risky, but if you know when to do that stuff you're fairly safe doing it anyway.

Corpses are, however, awesome survivor baits. The only situation when you should even remotely consider instant looting is when you yourself have friends around watching your back too.

But yeah, in general it's a great guide. People just shouldn't take it too strictly.

hurr... read about marginal advantage. What you're saying is true about using good judgment but someone who understands marginal advantage makes fewer exploitable mistakes. If you use judgment and do these things anyways you're making an exploitable mistake. You might get away with it or you might not. But if you don't make exploitable mistakes you will usually be safe.

Marginal advantage: http://www.teamliqui...?topic_id=64514

Do not get in the car with strangers at night... even if they promise you great loots.

I lol'ed. And I don't even speak Russian. Please can I have a transcript.

The difference should have been obvious. He enjoys killing people. His excuses for killing people are completely barbaric, eg: "Why? He was using a Lee enfield". His logic is all based on fundamental animal instincts with a side of demented behavior. He provides the necessity to establish a study for gamers who play this way and how they progress in actual society. If pulling his Police report would provide understanding in the way he plays the game Has he left victims in real life? Saying all this..... Sounds like a fun way to play and good advice for this game whether you're a survivor or bandit, but not for life. Now go cap a bandit, which is still a good thing in real life.

Ohh! You were probably talking about visual differences........ I don't think there is any at the moment, but they are going to implement something. :rolleyes:

I find it more likely that he has a mundane job and is an alround nice guy.

I say this because I'm a cunt in real life and have been very violent to a lot of people for not much reason. However when i play DayZ I'm really social, never murdered onse. Only killed bandits in self defence.

my point is, most gaming is excapism. We all love to escape our reality and do the opposite in the virtual world.

well maybe some of us just like games.

• Like 1

Good guide, but I'd like to add on something to the do not run rule. If you're being sniped at, you're going to avoid being hit a lot easier by sprinting as unpredictably as you can. It's much harder to snipe someone who is running around, changing directions and running behind small bits of cover all the time than it is to snipe someone who's fastsneaking.

'course, if you're being sniped at, the first shot has to miss otherwise you're in trouble.

Edited by Dreganius

DO NOT make fire at night

For the same reasons I pointed out in the last tip. Fire is seen from FAR away and noticed in the night very easily. IF you really need to make a fire, do it quickly, it doesn't take more than 10 seconds to light the fire, cook the meat and put the fire out. After doing that, don't be standing in the same spot, move as far as you can to be safe.

Well, being a bandit, couldn't you use this as a trap ? Throwing a flare over into a well trafficked building, like a Hospital or Super Market, and wait for the less informed kiddies to come strolling about and KoS and take their stuff ?

I have to disagree with the use of flares, flares can be a VERY good tool to use at night, especially against opponents with NVG.

If you are targeted by players with Night Vision Goggles, a nice flare can light up the area, temporarily blinding your opponent, the amount it time it takes for them to remove the goggles and allow their sight to return, you can make a clean getaway.

• Like 1

Well.. most of the things makes perfect sense.. Tho' most of it is probably known by everyone.. Kinda stating the obvious, but that doesn't matter..

I slightly disagree with you on the flare thing, in your "NOT TODO" list. Tho' it is true, that if i light a flare in the middle of the night, you'd probably see it.. but then again.. is it a trap? i'd might use it to lure impatient bandits to that exact location... just to flank him and paint a tree with his brains.. hell with it, i'd even suggest, throwing flares once in a while, randomly.. if you can ofcourse. just to make your followers think, that you're there.. Just.. Throw it, walk away from the path you've been running and head in a ((slightly)) different direction and continue your journy, that'll leave your follower occupied, and a bit confused. (That said, it's not a bulletproof way of surviving) - AND, if flares is anything but important, you could throw some arround couldn't you?

in my opinion, it is a MUST to know ALL of these tips. I you don't, Don't play. simple.. - But that's just my opinion ^^

• Like 1

Seems like a decent list.

However few of listed things is quite much common sense.

Regardless, should come very handy for most people.

• Like 1

I'm a bandit as well. My favorite kill is chasing someone down with an axe/crowbar when they have a gun. Up close most dont know how to deal with a strafing ass axe murderer. A friend and I got chased by a guy who had an axe and he was playing Jackfrags "DayZ Maybe" through direct com. We had about 25 zeds around us thanks to my friends DMR. It was amazing and creepy as hell!! I didn't know at that time that an axer was so hard to kill up close without a 2 shot kill weapon. Been doin it myself ever since when the opportunity arises. Look out for anyone called Lizzy Borden. = ))

I read most of the OP. 4AM here so please excuse me if I missed some stuff.

I run upright all the time and I think I've only got killed once because of it. I was a lot more nub then. It can be done you just need to be aware of whats around you.

This may have been said too but I turn everything down but the in-game sounds (my clan uses teamspeak). Then I turn them way up. Makes tip-toes easier to hear.