Sign in to follow this  
Kylez

Killed by 2 guys I played with for over three hours

Before you begin I GET IT, in this game you can't trust anyone..but this one guy going by the name of Mike ((2) is the killer im sure, first I died from a broken leg I got after his avatar lightly brushed mine in a door way, after begging me not to kill him, of which I gave mercy and even gave him supplies and asked to join with me, we then met another survivor who seemed to be cool, that guy then after 2 hours and running up to the hills of Elektro and building a fire and getting ready to cook meat decides to kill me.

Wish this game had some way of contacting other players cause who spends that amount of time and then kills you..Again I get this is DayZ, just never played a game like this in my life before..

Hint: Never tell anyone or show anyone better gear than they have. They'll kill you for it.

If you meet a person ingame, they are a potential threat. Make them do everything. Kill the animal, gut it, gather the wood, etc. You are the 'guard'. You are keeping an eye out for other people, AND you have the advantage if the people you are with decide to turn on you.

Also, let them lead the group. That way, you don't take the first round in an engagement, AND you can turn on them if you think they will soon do it to you. Also, disappear into the trees at your first opportunity.

• Like 3

lol dont play with anyone you cant trust. try playing with some RL friends.

shoot anyone else at first sight. its a dog eat dog world out there. And right now you only have stuff to gain from killing other players and nothing to loose.

Best way is to connect with people outside of the game. It kind of sucks that you have to do that, but finding people in the game and hope to coop with them is quite risky.

lol dont play with anyone you cant trust. try playing with some RL friends.

shoot anyone else at first sight. its a dog eat dog world out there. And right now you only have stuff to gain from killing other players and nothing to loose.

It really is a doggydog world (modern family reference).

just never played a game like this in my life before..

Sounds like rocket is on to something then, eh?

Best stick around and see where it goes.

Sounds like a pretty cool experience in my opinion. Memorable. Exciting. It will stick with you. That's a good thing.

Survivors come and go. Gear comes and goes. Experiences are forever.

• Like 2

It's simple he wanted to kill you away from the city (Better chance of someone else not hearing the shots) and when you had useful supplies to loot.

You were a piggy bank to him.

This is why I only role with my clan or friends on vent, anyone else I see is a target due to stuff like this. One of the few times and this was early on I tried to be nice to a weaponless player, he eventually stole a spare pistol out of my bag for a clanmate I was bringing it to (I let him follow me so he could get to a barn nearby) and he tried to shoot me with it, he was too far out of range at the time, but he still tried to shoot me in the back. After killing him, giving him the ol' t-bag, I decided never to do that again.

Edited by Larce

Hint: Never tell anyone or show anyone better gear than they have. They'll kill you for it.

If you meet a person ingame, they are a potential threat. Make them do everything. Kill the animal, gut it, gather the wood, etc. You are the 'guard'. You are keeping an eye out for other people, AND you have the advantage if the people you are with decide to turn on you.

Also, let them lead the group. That way, you don't take the first round in an engagement, AND you can turn on them if you think they will soon do it to you. Also, disappear into the trees at your first opportunity.

True it just sucks that even IN game I'm not that kind of person, and I love this game, I do have a mate from a clan I've been in for a few years but tonight was just amazing to me that these guys spent 3 hours maybe more with me and I run off the get meat from a goat, and return to them and they kill me, fair call I had a heap of decent gear, minus the gun as the double barrell is as loud as anything. shame they seemed like decent blokes, wish this game had a friend system like the Playstation network or Xbox Live, would make it seem more personal.

unless you know them in RL shoot first ask question later no mater what ,get a voice chat like steam or skype if you are going too where you hart on your sleeve well good luck with that. Remember this is a game and there no rules every person for them self

went into a red barn player there looting with barreld shotgun i have axe he asks friendly i say thru mic yes i got only a axe.

i search for loot in the red barn i found a winchester i pick it up aim and boom :) no more mr nice guy xD

Side chat should be disabled, and be enabled by having a radio.

But yeah, shit happens. Once I was meeting a guy from /v/ on the hospital in Berezino. It was dark as shit literally no stars in the sky and he was a ghillie sniper with NVG.

We're on roof, trading and talking when suddenly Bam. Bullet right through my face. Assumed it was him but didn't say anything immediately because I was in disbelief, when suddenly he shouts contact and engages another player, killing him.

3 players. 2 of them us. In utter darkness. All at the exact same place at the same time.

What were the chances?

"who spends that amount of time and then kills you..Again I get this is DayZ, just never played a game like this in my life before.."

I know right? Isn't the freedom in this game amazing? It's almost like you have to think before you act, watch your back...and hide your beans.

I swear I know that guy.

We teamed up for almost 2 hours, then he killed me.

We met two other guys at the super-market and I think they were his friends he was waiting for so he decided to kill me.

I kept getting shot with a makarov and he would say "whos shooting!" and look around frantically. At first I didn't know was shooting me till the final bullet when I saw it was him.

That dirty bastard. He likes to crawl everywhere. A zombie will be miles away and hell start crawling

I do have people I play with and I agree voice chat in the game has it's ups and downs and that skype is by far the best way to communicate as I do it with a mate whenever he's on, but when I like to play on my own I am truly alone and it would be nice to trust strangers, well after today I know I can't.

That's why i kill everyone that i see unless it's a noob and is not looking at me (By noob i mean normal guns that you find in cherno/elektro or a hatched etc...)

Trust no one xD

you shouldn't have been playing with him. this mod is about killing other players survival doesn't matter

life doesn't matter

don't play with psychopaths i guess.

Good luck with that. Everyone I meet wants to be a murderer or just shoots you on sight. but...whatever. I'm getting bored with it anyway. Nothing to do unless you want to murder people. I don't have friends who play the game so I end up a lone wolf. Endless running from one place to another. ugh. It's a running simulator for sure.

I met up with some people, who did not shoot me! I helped them find two of their friends in elecktro. After I helped them join up, they told me I could run with them for a bit. We encountered a bunch of tank traps and wire that was blocking out path. I piped up "I have a toolbox!" After I removed a tank trap I was murdered for my toolbox.

X Files: Don't trust anyone.

Edited by MonkeyBiz

Hint: Never tell anyone or show anyone better gear than they have. They'll kill you for it....

This. I was rolling with a random for awhile and we came upon an alice pack on the ground. neither of us had one so i asked how we were gonna settle this. He picked it up without saying anything else, so I shot him without saying anything else.

• Like 1

This. I was rolling with a random for awhile and we came upon an alice pack on the ground. neither of us had one so i asked how we were gonna settle this. He picked it up without saying anything else, so I shot him without saying anything else.

This made me laugh.

Lesson learned I guess - it is KOS all the time, if you don't want to get surprised like it happened to you. Don't talk, don't ask questions its kill or be killed. If you don't want to roll alone get some RL-friends in or join a clan.

Killed for a toolbox man that's harsh, I was killed and my loot wasn't even that great

I play in a community ex clan. We have an arma and a l4d2 section. So i played with people from the arma section, i never met before. I carried a AS 50 and a MK 48. They looked at me all funny, constantly mentioning my gear. I gave away my AS 50 to a recruit. They also went all jumpy when I switched from the GS17 (which is crap besides the light) to my main. Give away your gear make other people the target ;) In groups larger than two, you can see who you can trust. If all fails you know how you can get your stuff back.

Edited by Ankhenaten