Sign in to follow this  
PixelPopper

Equipment burden

It seems a lot of people are complaining about Z's not being a threat and I tend to agree. To help mix up the game play and force people to actually

be careful what they put in their inventory why not have everything you pick up have a weight? For example DMR could be in access of 20lbs.

Full DMR mags could be near 2 lbs each. This might make people think twice about choosing a rifle if they are slow as molasses because of it.

For me right now zombies are nothing more than an annoyance. If were forced to choose a load-out before scavenging a city or to be picky about

what you picked up so you could keep ahead of packs of zombies. Things would actually be a little more challenging forcing people to shoot to

escape if overburdened. This seems more realistic to me as i know what it feels like to to have 100lbs + of gear on and how much it slows you

down.

Edited by PixelPopper
  • Like 2

I approve too. In 1.7.2.3 you don't have to shoot infecteds, you can just run through couple of bushes and thight corners and thats it. Would love to see the horror with this and the horde idea from that other thread.

But if running fully geared is made slower, in contribution we need more vehicles/bicycles to spawn.

Edited by RaZzi

weight burden that slows ya down would be a +1

another element of realisum is always good

travel light and fast, or slow n heavy with enough stopping power to take down a rhino

would make a lot of ppl find sniper rifles and camp areas aswell tho

double edge there, but thats the point

should be added in

I would suggest that instead of individual weight that an items weight be based on the amount of inventory space it takes up, and for weapons the class and teir of the weapon. Say an As50 takes up 50% of your weight, but a lighter sniper such as the DMR or Cz550 takes up 15%-25%.

Edited by Gotham

I would suggest that instead of individual weight that an items weight be based on the amount of inventory space it takes up, and for weapons the class and teir of the weapon. Say an As50 takes up 50% of your weight, but a lighter sniper such as the DMR or Cz550 takes up 15%-25%.

right now all weapons take up the same amount of slots, hopefully Rocket will change that eventually. Good idea.

Edited by PixelPopper

I've carried 80 pounds before and it's hell, so i approve of this but they need to add stamina and such because it is insane we can run forever.

Plus it would make vehicles so much more important.

Edited by TheCenturion

I really thought more people would have liked this idea

I think right now people want the core basics to be fixed, there not craving challange as the game is challanging enough. If the game was finished and perfect I would gladly take on this realism. I do however aprove of the gun vs backpack space idea, I think its gonna be fixed soon.

+1.......we need stamina in game to make it feel more real.I wanna not be able to run like crazy if i am loaded down.

this is an awesome idea. however, they need to fix the inventory first. Also, they should make different tents, and the different tents have different inventory. so a deluxe tent would have double the inventory of a single tent.

A simple search for 'weight' would have led you straight to a thread that would have suggested the samething, but worked out to a larger extend including 'strength' & 'Type of Bags' ... so please use search, a quick way to find this thread would be to check the link in my sig, as the weight thread is mine...

A simple search for 'weight' would have led you straight to a thread that would have suggested the samething, but worked out to a larger extend including 'strength' & 'Type of Bags' ... so please use search, a quick way to find this thread would be to check the link in my sig, as the weight thread is mine...

i sure did use search. i typed in 'equipment burden' 'burden' 'item weight'. Don't get butt hurt that we both would like the same thing in the game.

I don't get buthurt for people having the same idea, actually i tend to dwell in suggestion forums a lot seeing suggestions are what interest me most. So i seen my fair share of 'i had this idea too' moments...

What does frustrate me a lot though is the large amount of double threads that pass by every day, it's quite amazing how many people just throw some stuff on the forum without reading any rules or using search. I guess if you say you used search i'll take your word for it, another person also mentioned having used search and it not turning up a particular thread. So maybe search isn't optimal or only looks for 'tags' and not topic titles, i dunno ?

Anyways, my frustration is about the lack of 'search' usage and not the quite commen 'two people have the same idea' eventuality ...

Edited by L0GIN

Maybe, to save them the programming (I agree by the way) they could just simply use it by how much space is taken up, even if it would be less accurate. That would also give reason for why zombies are much faster then player, instead of zombies that are faster than the normal human make them just as fast as a player without any items. Backpacks should weigh something to in the number value sense, just so player would feel that if they really want speed and not as many items, say you have a car to put your stuff in, when you are doing raids you could get a massive speed boost for having just a czech pocket pouches finally giving them use. Also if zombies were as slow as us then I would be fine if the boosted their health a bit closer to ours.

I don't get buthurt for people having the same idea, actually i tend to dwell in suggestion forums a lot seeing suggestions are what interest me most. So i seen my fair share of 'i had this idea too' moments...

What does frustrate me a lot though is the large amount of double threads that pass by every day, it's quite amazing how many people just throw some stuff on the forum without reading any rules or using search. I guess if you say you used search i'll take your word for it, another person also mentioned having used search and it not turning up a particular thread. So maybe search isn't optimal or only looks for 'tags' and not topic titles, i dunno ?

Anyways, my frustration is about the lack of 'search' usage and not the quite commen 'two people have the same idea' eventuality ...

Well i really wouldn't say it's our idea. This type of mechanic has been used in other games already. I guess its more of a suggestion thread hoping other people will want this as an option. As i said before I did use search and will continue to do so. I would like a link to your thread so i can put it on top.

Edited by PixelPopper