Sign in to follow this  
dierampe

Medical supplies are rare, so what to do

Hey Guys,

you know medical loot only spawns in the big cities at the coast. But its dangerous there if you have good equippment on you and with a broken leg you cant even get there sometimes.

Bandages and Painkillers are no problem most of the time. But without a BloodBag or Morphine in the right moment you are just dead.

So, what is your strategy to ensure that you always have BloodBags/Morphine ?

Edit:

Thanks to everybody for the tips. Let me just write down the best ones in short here:

- Play with friends

- Get medical supplies at Berezino Hospital (less Players there)

- Look for military Spawns, can also spawn medical stuff (heli crash sites, Deer Stands, Airfields)

- go to the big cities BEFORE getting great gear and take as much as you can from the Hospitals

- BloodBags and Morphine are more valuable than Bandages and EpiPens

- have a tent to stock up medical stuff

- keep at least 2 morphine on you

Edited by dierampe

1. Play with friends

2. Get medical supplies in Berezino

3. Look for heli crash sites, medical supplies can spawn there

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

you know medical loot only spawns in the big cities at the coast. But its dangerous there if you have good equippment on you and with a broken leg you cant even get there sometimes.

Bandages and Painkillers are no problem most of the time. But without a BloodBag or Morphine in the right moment you are just dead.

So, what is your strategy to ensure that you always have BloodBags/Morphine ?

go to the big cities before getting great gear and fill a Alice pack and keep atleast 3 bandaids 7 morphines and 2 or 3 blood packs and leave and be done with it and if u are afraid to lose ur good gear just plant a tent in the woods drop all ur stuff u wanna keep mark the spot on a map (not Ingame cause people can see it...

or u could just do the simple thing and go to a super low popluated server and raid the hospitals... thats what i do

• Like 1

I raid Berezino with my mates once a week. We fill our backpacks to the brim with Morphine and Blood bags not so much Epi-Pens though.

I just make sure I always carry some in my backpack or stashed in my tent. When I do need to stock up I usually head to Berizino. It's much quieter than Electro & Cherno. Just stay low because it's perfect for snipers up there. Aslo, if your part of a group, which I sometimes am, it's good to have one guy assigned as medic. It just keeps things simple in a hectic firefight.

• Like 1

send your buddy to the clinic for you. most people wait offline while they're waiting. how far do you really expect to get with a broken leg, anyway?

...there was the one time a couple of days ago that I found a chopper near gorka that had a med crate on it while I was crawling to Berezino, but that was just dog-shit good luck, not solid contingency planning. you can also ask for help on the forums, seems to work most of the time.

one word, Berezino!

with its location a good 5 mins run from any spawn point you will find alot less run'n'gun type players that you would normally find in cherno or electro. the hospital is not surrounded by high value buildings in terms of loot, so less chance of running into the trigger happy looter either. the location of the hospital in berezino is perfect for a quick in and out job, if you have a tent try to stash your gear and make a 'run' into berezino hospital futher more reducing the risk of loosing everything.

the key is to have the morphine and not need it rather than need it and not have it so stock up with bloodbags and morphine from the medical crates ( assuming you have a group to apply blood bags ) remeber bandages are ten a penny so dont waste too much inventory on them. if you have dropped your gear to make such a run you should stack your bag full and get out of there quick chop. go stash the supplies and keep at least 2 morphine on you

if your crawling round there are not many spwan points with higher chance of morphine than junk but military loot spawn areas do drop on occasion so check deer stands and military areas like the airfield, just watch out cus there might be someone there whos more than willing to put you our of your misery

• Like 1

Aslo, if your part of a group, which I sometimes am, it's good to have one guy assigned as medic. It just keeps things simple in a hectic firefight.

interesting idea, tell me more

1. Play with friends

2. Get medical supplies in Berezino

3. Look for heli crash sites, medical supplies can spawn there

:( I wish my friends weren't console elitists. This game would be so much fun with friends, I'm sure.

• Like 1

Deer stands also spawn morphine from time to time.

I've found Cherno medical tents are easy pickings. I've never seen anyone there before and you don't have to break windows to get the loot.

some times crawling is the only way! one time I was faced with an epic 3k crawl back to my camp site in the mere hope that there was a morphine injector to save my crippled leg, I began by crawling to the closest tree line which was a bee line north for about 300 meters compleatly exposed to any sniper or survivor who should happen to cross me. hit the tree line and adjust my position using compass and map, over 2.5k now of crawling I held down the W key and flip over to steam overlay to browse while my soldier crawls ever forward. from the corner of my screen I see a geometric shape that shouldnt be there in the middle of pine forrest. I remove the overlay to my delight, find myself crawling right into a uaz!! this was the first car I had encountered since playing dayz and what do you know, I jump in and its all green, gassed up, and ready to roll! thankfully tho you cannot walk with the broken leg you may can still operate the accelerator. burn up to my camp where I find a morphine injector. felt like a boss

• Like 1

:( I wish my friends weren't console elitists. This game would be so much fun with friends, I'm sure.

Man, I can understand you. My squad just turned into Cherno-Campers and now I'm on my own. Playing as a lonewolf is really boring after you learned everything about DayZ.

Go to those big cities ...

The map was not designed so that people can live endlessly up north. Yeah you got precious gear, well go risk it down south at the hospitals.

The map was not designed so that people can live endlessly up north. Yeah you got precious gear, well go risk it down south at the hospitals.

let me think............... NO! :D

personally i like cherno, its all the more exciting when you know you literally have a survivors treasure trove in your possesion. getting out alive tastes just that little bit sweeter!

You can (effectively) live up north forever with a hatchet, matches, and a hunting knife. Does get boring, though.

If I get tagged and have to start a new character I hit a couple farm houses and deer stands on my way north east and try to snatch a CZ/Makarov/AKM/AK74 and smash and grab real quick in Berezino. Hitting the hospital, both supermarkets, and military tents and making your way west from there is a very easy to do and solid approach. There are better, more concise, approaches... but this works 90% of the time. If you're playing alone chances are the bloodbags aren't worth it. But the morphine is the must have. You break your leg on EVERYTHING in this game. I can almost guarantee that by the end of a Berezino run you will have at least 1 morphine, assuming you don't get shot playing smash and grab.

Cherno is the fun approach. It's ultimately the high risk high reward city. Takes considerable more skill and luck to get in and out though.

Edited by PunchClockVillain