Sign in to follow this  
Nicnivian

First, you must become the cow

So... I was running along the ridge line above Elektro from Cherno. As the entire sky was on fire. And there was a massive fireball on the horizon.

33930screenshots2012072.jpg

Pretty strange. But maybe someone out there will have some insight.

Then, as I kept running to investigate it, I suddenly turned into a cow!

ddc9edf1f443a8e7e9f389c.jpg

I was absolutely beside my self!!! (terrible pun, I know)

This was the case for about 1min, and then the entire server was killed.

To my dismay, I logged into another server and was put in the Wastelands. :(

• Like 1

Could you move as The Cow?

Yes I could. In fact, It was quite educational. I learnt that cows are unable to strafe.

• Like 3

wow, that's how DayZ looks like on very high.

No dude.

Set your 3D resolution to match the interface resolution - the screen will be blurry no longer

Dude runs up to cow, holds alt, pans around, takes screen shot. Posts, idiots believe story. Cool story, bro

Edited by Rore

Dude runs up to cow, holds alt, pans around, takes screen shot. Posts, idiots believe story. Cool story, bro.

Nope.

Look at the debug monitor and the camera angle. His stats reset because he IS the cow

Cool story, bro.

Urm, okay... Because I have nothing better to do then that, right?

You might still be sceptical, but this is the only other image I grabbed. The angles I'm on can't be achieved from panning. But whatever floats your boat, man.

33930screenshots2012072.jpg

Yes I could. In fact, It was quite educational. I learnt that cows are unable to strafe.

Weird. I wonder if you could have been killed for meat :S Just today I read some player went to a server and appeared as a crow. Could fly up and down and side to side. I wonder why they made different controls for the animals as they're not supposed to be able to be played as.

Weird. I wonder if you could have been killed for meat :S Just today I read some player went to a server and appeared as a crow. Could fly up and down and side to side. I wonder why they made different controls for the animals as they're not supposed to be able to be played as.

Hold Q and tell me what happens.

I thought that was a pirated copy problem. And I remember back when 1.7 rolled out, there was a lot of that even on legit copies.

Never seen the cow tho...

Yes a hacker does that to other people, it's pretty funny.

they also cant walk backwards

hacker having some fun

They are ment to be played as, sort of. There is a few co op missions where a player can play as an attack dog for example.

I think the reason for all these being playable is that it's just convenient when it comes to AI to be able to have kind of universal actor controls.

Also in non respawn missions, players become crows when they die.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

go into the armoury (single player) you get various challeneges depending on what weapon/vehicle etc you pick, once got given the a timmed assaultcourse as a rabbit, also ran around as a monkey Z for a bit too

You should of ran to Cherno, gone in the firestation while people were in there, and said "IT'S A RAID, GET THE FUCK DOWN."

Would of been the best.

yeah just wonder over and start chatting to someon would be hilarious untilk they shot you and tried to gut you and loot your meat and gear .. i know i would ...do both

Welcome to having a hacker on the server

yeah i think me and a friend got turned into rabbits last night, or at least we think so (no 3rd person on the server just couldn't stand more than 1 foot tall), but we were definitely having an out of body experience as we could see our "original selves". my friend still got chased by zombies!