mist4fun

SixLauncher seizing internet connection

I've searched and only found one other person post about this with no solution. When I launch Six Launcher or even Dayz Commander for that matter my internet connection stops working for up to three minutes. I'm not able to view webpages or ping domains/ip's. I am able to ping my router successfully. The funny thing is if I'm in teamspeak I will remain in the channel and be able to talk to other people during the outage. But if I'm not in teamspeak before I open Six Launcher I cannot join teamspeak channels either.

Note that the launcher works correctly and I immediately am able to view servers and connect to them, it's just I can't connect to any other outside internet source for about three minutes after the launcher starts.

I'm running windows 7 ultimate 64bit

arma II ver. 95205

dayz ver. 1.7.2.3

If anyone has information on this issue I'd appreciate the help.

You can always ping your router successfuly if you're connected to it (since its local IP)

I've never heard of this issue, and you need to take this up to the Six Updater (or whomever) website. Im not a networking guru, but dat shit broke.

I get the same sometimes.

Open SixLauncher > Options > Uncheck "Determine Server Pings"

There are 1800 servers, and the launcher is trying to ping all of them.

Some connections can't handle it, for some reason. (At least, that's how I understand it.)

http://puu.sh/KCdC

DayZ Commander and I would assume Six Launcher (can't confirm without looking at source) send out many UDP network request concurrently to ping all servers and read their info so it doesn't take forever doing each one at a time. I have seen some older routers choke on game browsers like this and spontaneously reboot because they can't handle that many connections at once, this would cause the symptoms you describe.

So check your router, when this happens and see if it's restarting, upgrade it's firmware or get a new one if that doesn't fix it.

The launchers might be able to add a connection limiter in their settings to do less at once for those with routers that are not up to the task, although the server list would refresh more slowly.

Thanks guys. The udp info is interesting.

The router doesn't restart, it sits next to my desk and I would see the lights cycle if it did. Well, that and other devices on the network are able to browse the internet successfully.

This is my internet speed, not the worst in the world. I should be able to handle just about anything. I also use a 10/100 Netgear wgr614 v7. It is updated to the latest firmware. I will uncheck show server pings and see if that helps.

2077152851.png

Edited by mist4fun

Having the same problems since thursday.

Going to give worrom a go to see if i can fix this annoying problem.

Near the top of Day Z Commander says "refreshing all servers".. with a "cancel" button next to it. Click the cancel button, it will stop pinging all the servers and your internet will come back. I was having the same exact issue. Problem solved!

• Like 1

Thank you folks, I was having the same issue. Cancelling the "refresh all servers" on initial login has fixed the issue. I am using broadband, my router does restart when my internet isn't working and I have no clue if my firmware is up to date, but I'll look into it soon.

Thanks guys. The udp info is interesting.

The router doesn't restart, it sits next to my desk and I would see the lights cycle if it did. Well, that and other devices on the network are able to browse the internet successfully.

This is my internet speed, not the worst in the world. I should be able to handle just about anything. I also use a 10/100 Netgear wgr614 v7. It is updated to the latest firmware. I will uncheck show server pings and see if that helps.

2077152851.png

Mist4fun, how did you go about linking this image for others? I would like to have done the same with my post.

So to clarify, a solution that doesn't involve clicking cancel every time:

On the Six updater settings menu (grey cog tab top left) you have the following options that can fix this issue:

'Max concurrent server info connections' This one is the main one, some older/cheaper modems only handle a limited number of connections, mine for example can handle 64. This means that if six updater is set to it's default value (60) no other application can establish a connection through the modem. Setting this to 10 or 20 should solve the issue, but it will mean your server list updates really really slowly.

'Server list auto refresh' This one refreshes all the servers, if you set this to 60 you should get internet outages for a few minutes every hour, instead of every ten minutes as is the default.

If neither of these works for you then you do not have the same problem as me.