Sign in to follow this  
Faindizzle

-NY7 & 8- Info and awesomeness thread.

we can add a bit to the randomness :D

Everything about that video owns. Also... 1.7.1.2 killed the servers. So go hang out with your family or something till 1.7.1.3 comes out :P

I personally will be on mount and blade <3

I played on this server so much back around the 1.5-1.6 versions, but then it ate all my tents!

I then went to US1 for about 3 weeks and played on there, all was fine, but when the new patch came in and reset everything, me and my mate decided to come back to NY8 cos it was so smooth before. We played for a day after 1.7.1.5 came in and got a tent setup with 2 ATV's, and found a downed chopper with some FN FAL's in, but the next day we came back, it was all gone! :(

is there a reason that tents and stuff don't seem to last long on this server? We really do enjoy playing on NY8, but its a shame we lose stuff so often. Anyways, keep up the good work, it is nice to have stable servers to rely on!

I played on this server so much back around the 1.5-1.6 versions' date=' but then it ate all my tents!

I then went to US1 for about 3 weeks and played on there, all was fine, but when the new patch came in and reset everything, me and my mate decided to come back to NY8 cos it was so smooth before. We played for a day after 1.7.1.5 came in and got a tent setup with 2 ATV's, and found a downed chopper with some FN FAL's in, but the next day we came back, it was all gone! :(

is there a reason that tents and stuff don't seem to last long on this server? We really do enjoy playing on NY8, but its a shame we lose stuff so often. Anyways, keep up the good work, it is nice to have stable servers to rely on!

[/quote']

I may just have to restart and they will come back. It happens where a restart doesnt load tents and vehicles. The other thing is maybe get a better hiding spot, add me on steam to troubleshoot.

I played on this server so much back around the 1.5-1.6 versions' date=' but then it ate all my tents!

[/quote']

I may just have to restart and they will come back. It happens where a restart doesnt load tents and vehicles. The other thing is maybe get a better hiding spot, add me on steam to troubleshoot.

my first reaction was, oh maybe they have been stolen, however, the fact that the tent was gone (not just stuff missing, completely gone) along with our ATV's made me wonder, and then to add to that, we headed over to where we had found a downed, lootable chopper the day before, and that too had disappeared, so we figured it was due to a restart as you mentioned. It's not a big deal really, we were back on NY8 today and had a good few hours play. it would of course be nice to have them back, but it's not the end of the world!

Just played a little earlier and my tent and atv's have returned! yay!

I'm curious, on each server restart, do crashed choppers de-spawn, and reappear elsewhere? Is it worth it to keep looking for them?

I'm curious' date=' on each server restart, do crashed choppers de-spawn, and reappear elsewhere? Is it worth it to keep looking for them?

[/quote']

Yes and Yes.

I'm curious' date=' on each server restart, do crashed choppers de-spawn, and reappear elsewhere? Is it worth it to keep looking for them?

[/quote']

Yes and Yes.

Awesome, going to make NY8 my home now i think, since i have 3 tents setup now :P

I was on the mumble yesterday for a little bit but there was only one guy on it in the afk channel, might use it with my buddy for a bit tomorrow if anyone wants to join us!

• Like 1

[/quote']

Yes and Yes.

Awesome, going to make NY8 my home now i think, since i have 3 tents setup now :P

I was on the mumble yesterday for a little bit but there was only one guy on it in the afk channel, might use it with my buddy for a bit tomorrow if anyone wants to join us!

Yea its hard to get a lot of ppl in there.

On the search for more admins. PM me to apply!

Sounds like another secretary job to me!

Started playing on this server recently, and for the most part it's been really awesome. But I've been noticing times where there seems to be pretty significant lag, where actions are taking up to 2 seconds to start/finish (including death: Have died seconds after shooting someone dead, seeing them fall, and then just falling over afterwards). Also, not the only one who was experiencing this.

NEWS:

NY7 is now with 65 slots.

NY8 has been transformed into an expert server to bring more realism to you tactical people.

So here's a little thing that happened yesterday on NY7:

I'd convinced 2 of my friends to finally start playing and now they're hooked. the 2 of us were in a barn outside of Zelenogorsk and the 3rd had logged out just outside of the Power plant in Elektro. We ran basically across the entire map and set up camp in the trees just west of Elektro across the open field.

Hey, there's the fella!

27pVwl.jpg

I was guiding him behind the power plant so he was out of sight of dobryi hill (a popular sniper spot)

This is him just under the bush!

08yEzl.jpg

Now there was only one way across..the open field. A death trap to anyone especially a completely unarmed survivor. I decide to alt tab out for a few seconds thinking he would be safe for now and then I hear him say "oh no" over mumble. I tab back in to find and find a wake of vultures setting upon his still warm corpse.

"oh fuck there's 2 of them...no wait..3.."

"There's fucking 5 of them"

sApUel.jpg

There was no remorse, no guilt. No second thoughts. Only one thing ran through my mind right there and then.

That I had to kill each and every one of you.

And kill I did. Oh lord it was glorious.

ZqCgrl.jpg

Bre66l.jpg

Let that be a lesson to the rest of you. Every action has a reaction. Granted, 5 murders just for one seems a little..excessive. But this is the cold harsh reality of Day Z.

You never know who's watching.

Have you thought about setting your server to allow custom faces of reasonable sizes?

Just a quick note for fain/admins:

Your server categorically can't handle 65 players. I was in the supermarket at Zeleno, and ran up to the southern hill overlooking the city where my friend had just been killed.

I was teleported back to the store THREE TIMES. This was after that all of the loot in the store just straight up disappeared out from under me and my friends feet.

The debug monitor just keeps disappearing and coming back too. Don't think I'll be playing on it again until it goes back down to 50 players.

Just posting to say as of about 2pm GMT today there is a hacker in the server systematically blowing up all of the buildings in cherno and elektro. Half of the cities are smoking craters in the ground full of buzzing flies from dead players.