Sign in to follow this  
generationvii

The need for anti infective drugs.

Short and specific,

3 stages: Infected, Fiercely infected and past the point of being able to be healed.

As the title says add the need for anti infective drugs or you'd turn (DIE!) after a set amount of time.

Every fresh spawn would start out infected, no exceptions. There would be consumables (meds) to slow down the infection.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of the blood transfusion mechanic to apply a remedy to stop the infection completely.

Perhaps by mixing certain plants/herbs together which could spawn around the world's forest areas.

The infection would have a chance to become fierce if you approach a dead player's body, dead zombie's body

or trough another player in your close proximity who is infected with a fierce virus variant.

There should be long term effects for players who'd be staying alive by only using the medication,

think of it as a demi-zombie. Your aim would be shit, you'd be out of breath the entire time, you'd need to consume

a LOT more food/water and your vision would turn blood red completely when near other survivors.

Long story short we're all sick and dying work together to stay alive or go over to the dark side.

I'd love the implementation of infectious zombie disease, but not quite like you describe it. I'm fond of the notion, as it'd give us more purposeful medical items, and it'd increase zombie difficultly in an authentic and comprehendable fashion all in one sweep.

higher difficulty, without necessarily higher frustration.

Damn the suggestion forum is such a flooded mess.

Scerun you got exactly what i was aiming for, increasing the difficulty and reasons to work together in a realistic fashion.

I'd like to add that the way i suggested it were just my views and vision of the concept as i was creating the post.

The main idea is adding a means of having to work together to stay alive or choosing not to participate and suffer

the consequence of forcefully becoming anti-social in game.

I feel this fits in the DayZ concept well as it doesn't limit either bandit or survivor playstyle all that much. I was inspired

by watching Sidestrafe's interview with Rocket. Rocket stated he wanted to make the game even more punishing and

harder to survive in without limiting everyones playstyle or putting artificial blocks on it.

My train of thought:

-It would make corpse running a bigger risk.

-It would add an insentive to play together or the choice to be a lone wolf.

-Looting anything that you've killed or someone else becomes a risk.

-Pointless killing would be reduced.

-Another set of items to hunt for aside from your basic needs.

-It's experimental which fits DayZ's current state perfectly.

What are your thoughts everyone? Please share them if you like/dislike this idea or how you would see it working.

Thanks for your contribution, please elaborate?

Sure why not?

-Useless

-Newbs will quit

Sure why not?

-Useless

-Newbs will quit

Implying that changing your starting gear or adding disease were useful changes. They are things added to the game

in hopes of changing player behaviour and tweaking gameplay without putting artificial blocks on people.

People will quit whenever Rocket tries something new or experimental, nothing new. The point of these boards

iirc is not to add "useful" features to the mod.

GREAT idea would make the game more realistic but i have some tweaks

1. you dont start with it you catch over time

2. looting a player body that is infected would infect you (would make bandits more carefull,but there ways to see if some one is infected like wrinkles, red skin) stuff like that

then it would be great!