huthatis

All servers should enable name tags

I know name tags can somewhat take away from the experience of the game, such as revealing player locations, but I think that the benefit of being able to catch hackers outweighs such considerations. It is my experience that hackers tend to frequent servers that have name tags disabled more, making reporting much more difficult. Today, a buddy and I got ax murdered by a player in the northwest airfields. We were both sitting inside two different pine trees, he was wearing a ghillie suit I was wearing camo, near invisible, when a player walked up to the two of us, and proceeded to hack us to death. We both emptied several clips into him to no avail. He walked over to my buddy, laid down and hacked him to death. Then he walked over to me, laid down, and hacked me to death. All while getting shot, and hit many, many times. We both had m4s. There were no name tags so we couldn't report and lets be honest, Battle Eye is a joke. This isn't the first time I've wanted to report someone only to find that I couldn't get their names. Maybe there is another way that I don't know about to get around this problem. Thoughts, anyone?

Edited by huthatis

I would not play if there were name tags on all servers, I'd rather take my chances with the hackers. So far, I've seen one episode of hacking over two months of play.

• Like 1

I would not play if there were name tags on all servers, I'd rather take my chances with the hackers. So far, I've seen one episode of hacking over two months of play.

This .. hackers > name tags

• Like 1

Maybe you're just lucky, or I am unlucky, but I encounter hackers on a regular basis. Also, is it really that much of a deal breaker to have name tags enabled? I am just trying to understand where you're coming from.

ive not encountered a hacker for weeks and i think its because i barely play on US servers. Alot of people mistake arma bugs or desync for hackers these days so many of the reports are false.

If there were nametags on all servers i wouldn't play , it's basically cheating scrolling your mouse over areas to spot people.

Maybe you're just lucky, or I am unlucky, but I encounter hackers on a regular basis. Also, is it really that much of a deal breaker to have name tags enabled? I am just trying to understand where you're coming from.

My problem with the nametags is that they completely ruin the immersion for me. So do crosshairs for that matter. I would rather pick my nose in the dark than play with either of those enabled.

As for hackers, I believe the gentleman above me is correct. The problem is much worse on US servers for whatever reason.

Edited by Max Planck

The only thing you need is for it to say the name of the person who actually killed you. you don't need the name tags themselves on.

Here's your second episode: Hacker gives everyone smoke:

Here's another episode. Gold AK Hacker:

(both my vids btw)

The rate of hacking is getting higher and higher. And it's seriously annoying at this point. But I do not support nametags for all servers.

Here's your second episode: Hacker gives everyone smoke: [snip]

Here's another episode. Gold AK Hacker: [snip]

The rate of hacking is getting higher and higher. And it's seriously annoying at this point. But I do not support nametags for all servers.

I'm aware that people are hacking, I was saying that I, personally, have not witnessed it more than once in two months of playing.

That remains a fact, no matter how many videos you post.

Hackers are more prevalent in some regions, and some server settings, than others.