cyles99

Shooting players on sight?

I have been playing DayZ alot and when i see a player i automatically shoot. People complain about me doing this and say i shouldteam up with them ,but i know better. Whenever i try teaming with a stranger i take a bullet to the head when im not looking.So i was wondering what other people do when they see a player please post replies. :)post-42384-0-42725700-1342910509_thumb.j

Edited by cyles99

Team up with people you can actually trust, then you won't need to be so proactive.

As for what to do when you see a player, it depends entirely. Most of the time you can avoid contact altogether. But otherwise, just take it as it comes. You don't have to wait for them to shoot you first before you fire back, but you can watch their behaviour and figure out how much of a threat they are.

For me it entirely depends on the situation.

If that person is or could possibly become a threat to me in the very near future - he gets a shot to the head.

If said person is unarmed, or simply running in an opposite direction that I'm planning to go then I'll leave them be.

There's a reason I prefer my M4 to a sniper rifle.

EDIT - having said that I would never team up with a stranger for risk of being stabbed in the back. The only time I speak to people in-game is if their weapon is lowered.

Edited by Quagmire

I am shooting on sight as well. Have played this game long enough that i know everyone is looking for gear, so trust nobody but your real life friends.

Dont think this is what Rocket wanted with DayZ, its not realistic that 99% of players start murdering everyone. But its so gear dependent game

Edited by Avean

Depends, i never go near Cherno or Elektro for starters. Although sometimes im in the mood for some pvp and ill go on a blood craze trough one of the towns.

When i see someone without a weapon i wont shoot, when i see a group of people. Like 4 people running trough a field with 1 in full gear, 1 with just a pistol and 2 with farm weapons i wont shoot.

Up north when i see people with full gear, i'll shoot on sight. Unless they are members of an anti bandit clan i know about or i know they are friendly. And by up north i mean all the way like the airfield. Im not stopping to ask questions.

Cant afford to be friendly up north, costs to much. Overall im a pretty friendly guy though!

I usually keep an eye on them and try to make sure that if they do try to shoot at me, I have a way to get out of it without either of us dieing. Now I do try and make contact with other players in terms of letting them know what loot is left in the buildings, I've already checked.

I have been playing DayZ alot and when i see a player i automatically shoot. People complain about me doing this and say i shouldteam up with them ,but i know better. Whenever i try teaming with a stranger i take a bullet to the head when im not looking.So i was wondering what other people do when they see a player please post replies. :)post-42384-0-42725700-1342910509_thumb.j

I avoid them. I wouldnt want to cut your journey short, why should you cut mine short? If you fire at me, you go down - which has happened 4 times to me so far - people fired first, they all died and I lived.

Next time you see a survivor - see them as yourself and just avoid them quietly. Let them go their way, watch them all the time and back away at your leisure.