Sign in to follow this  
Blakorr

WARNING: AVOID US74

logged in 15 minutes ago, i was standing near my camp in the woods and suddenly i got teleported to the middle of an open field along with everyone else on the server. everyone started firing and i got killed before i could alt+f4 (imo disconnecting to avoid death is justifiable in this instance). my character was on his 5th day and was pretty well-geared, too. a friend i was playing with (who managed to abort in time) said it happened to him a little while earlier, so this isn't just an isolated incident. Don't log on there unless you're willing to be warped to a field with everyone else on the server. I don't know if it was a bug or a hacker, but i will not be playing on there until the issue is resolved.

Edited by Blakorr

It's a Hacker and they normally dont' stick to any one server. They go for all kinds of servers with high player counts. Fact is if they already killed people twice on that server more than likely it's one of the safer places to be right now. Although, no where is safe. You gear is just beign rented you have to return it at some point no matter what :).

It's a Hacker and they normally dont' stick to any one server. They go for all kinds of servers with high player counts. Fact is if they already killed people twice on that server more than likely it's one of the safer places to be right now. Although, no where is safe. You gear is just beign rented you have to return it at some point no matter what :).

the incident my friend told me about and the one i got killed in took place about half an hour apart.

So everyone gets transported to an open field and you all just panic and start dropping each other?

This userbase is so funny.

• Like 3

So everyone gets transported to an open field and you all just panic and start dropping each other?

that is basically what happened. i'm sure the hacker was off to the side a bit shooting people, too. Edited by Blakorr

An open field? like in the map or the middle of nowhere? I remember once I was teleported to the middle of nowhere far west off the map. Took me a good 15 minutes just to get to see trees and grass again.

Hackers don't stick to one server, there are tons of other servers to ruin.

An open field? like in the map or the middle of nowhere? I remember once I was teleported to the middle of nowhere far west off the map. Took me a good 15 minutes just to get to see trees and grass again.

it was in the map. there was a stone wall and some bushes not too far away, so i know it wasn't debug plains or off map.

Hackers don't stick to one server, there are tons of other servers to ruin.

i know, but i figured i would post this just in case there are other people who go on us74 so they'd avoid it at least for a little while.

That works out perfect for the Hacker, he probably lays down in the bushes, teleports the server to the field and watches the mayhem unfold, once it's over he just takes his pick of the loot off the bodies and moves on to the next server.

There are always hackers all over the place, its the way it goes. here is an amusing log from some people we banned recently on US74 :)

<Direct> Hevi: Hello

<Direct> Moose: Hey

<Direct> Moose: Wow you're fast haha/

<Direct> Moose: You scared the crap out of me.

<Direct> Hevi: haha

<Direct> Hevi: So, what do you need?

<Direct> Moose: Well, I had like every gun on all my characters.

<Direct> Moose: But the duping method I used failed.

<Direct> Moose: So sad.

<Direct> Moose: I was wondering if it wasn't too much trouble, you can basically spawn most of the guns in dayz lol

<Direct> Moose: Can you spawn backpacks too?

<Direct> Hevi: yeah

<Global> hey moose and hevi

<Global> enjoy your ban =]

<Direct> Hevi: oh lawd

<Direct> Moose: Damn that was fast rofl

<Direct> Hevi: yup

<Direct> Hevi: Active admin is bad

<Direct> Moose: lol

Edited by Silver Chair
  • Like 1

I wouldn't stand there shouting friendly with 49 people standing around....

that is basically what happened. i'm sure the hacker was off to the side a bit shooting people, too.

nah he was likly the jackass with the axe who happend to have infinite blood

logged in 15 minutes ago, i was standing near my camp in the woods and suddenly i got teleported to the middle of an open field along with everyone else on the server. everyone started firing and i got killed before i could alt+f4 (imo disconnecting to avoid death is justifiable in this instance). my character was on his 5th day and was pretty well-geared, too. a friend i was playing with (who managed to abort in time) said it happened to him a little while earlier, so this isn't just an isolated incident. Don't log on there unless you're willing to be warped to a field with everyone else on the server. I don't know if it was a bug or a hacker, but i will not be playing on there until the issue is resolved.

as part of the admin team at us74, i assure you we spend a silly amount of time tracking down, banning and reporting hackers that come on to our server. since we're all actively playing on the server, it helps us notice when stuff like this happens

sadly, this is the first i've heard of this incident, although two nights ago we were slogging through server logs trying to find whoever spawned in artillery and was shelling the shit out of electro (while i was there~). last week we banned 15 or so people in connection with an incident where people were spawning in vehicles (a10s and various helicopters) and were apparently crashing them into people as well as bombing everything...

fact is, dayz is currently extremely easy to hack and like it was said earlier, they'll just pop on a random server, wreak havoc, then peace out to the next one

we strive to maintain a cheat-free environment as we feel it's more fun for everyone, but a certain amount are going to get through, no matter how much effort we put up

all that said, i don't really like seeing threads labelled "avoid us74" :blush:

Edited by DirtyProtagonist

Why did you post this in general discussion? Do you eat your cereal through a straw in your helmet?

Does this site have mods? Have yet to see anyone fix all this spam.

as part of the admin team at us74, i assure you we spend a silly amount of time tracking down, banning and reporting hackers that come on to our server. since we're all actively playing on the server, it helps us notice when stuff like this happens

sadly, this is the first i've heard of this incident, although two nights ago we were slogging through server logs trying to find whoever spawned in artillery and was shelling the shit out of electro (while i was there~). last week we banned 15 or so people in connection with an incident where people were spawning in vehicles (a10s and various helicopters) and were apparently crashing them into people as well as bombing everything...

fact is, dayz is currently extremely easy to hack and like it was said earlier, they'll just pop on a random server, wreak havoc, then peace out to the next one

we strive to maintain a cheat-free environment as we feel it's more fun for everyone, but a certain amount are going to get through, no matter how much effort we put up

all that said, i don't really like seeing threads labelled "avoid us74" :blush:

lol yeah i was in electro for the heli crashing. was stuck on the hospital roof praying that they didn't see me. and i just made the thread so that some people wouldn't log on and get warped to the killing field.

it's an alright server and 99.9% of the time it runs smoothly. i was just annoyed when i made it because i had found my first fn fals and was running to my tent to stash them when it happened.

Saw this happen to a streamer who wasn't covering his info, so my guess is you were a victim of circumstance.

Saw this happen to a streamer who wasn't covering his info, so my guess is you were a victim of circumstance.

most likely

Here's my rule of thumb: If weird shit is going down don't stand around going 'lol this is so randum you guize!' Alt+F4 the fuck outta there. I've already been stung once, but more important then losing my shit I don't want to give these kids the satisfaction.

• Like 1