Sign in to follow this  
SindreAsus (DayZ)

New player with a couple of questions

Hello there everybody, I bought Arma 2 yesterday just to get this mod and it's amazing! (even though I almost pissed my pants the first night). The only thing I dislike is the high PVP rate (I tell them that I am new, but they still kill me :(.) I can live with it though.

Anyway, I was wondering how do I know which town I am in? I found a couple of threads and they all say ''in your right corner'' but there is literally no text telling me where I am. The reason I need to know is to meet my friend who also is new. Also, where do you suggest looking for weapons? I've had a couple of hatchets, but was obviously nothing compared to the AK.

Thanks in advance!

It tells you in the bottom right when you spawn but apart from taht you have to use sign posts in towns until u learn the map

You can find guns like the AKM and AK74 in places like the fire station or military camps.

Keep your guard up in those places though, other players will be looking for the same thing.

You can also try deer stands, they're a little less high traffic, and they spawn pretty good guns some times.

Finally, barns will usually have at least a Lee Enfield or a Shotgun.. check the map linked below for locations.

As for the Town names.. you can usually find a sign on the outskirts of whatever town you are in.

Again, look for the name on the map that I am going to link, and then use local landmarks to orient yourself.

Also when you spawn in, the location shows up very briefly at the bottom right of your screen, but it doesn't stay there for long.

Here is the map that I find most useful. There are others around the net, but this one is my favourite:

http://dayzdb.com/map

Hope this helps, good luck! :)

ps. Don't tell other players where you are in chat, usually they just want to come and rob you.

You can search for the online DayZ map, just type it in google

Find a roadsign

Look up the city name on the map

Look around you and see if there's buildings that tell you which road you're on

When you've done that go on adventure, try to find a weapon&ammo, get yourself some food and drinks

While on adventure you might find a compass or gps to tell you which direction you're going, or even a map, which tells you exactly where you are

Also one more tip: When you spawn try to keep the sea to a shoulder, this will also tell you whether you're going north, w, s or e

ppl kiling you.... find a good community to join, then your with other players who can help you, have your friend join as well

finding your spawn location... click the image below, arrow shows the name of the nearest town, on this image the nearst town is "Kamenka"

th_spawnlocationname.png

note: you can disconnect to the lobby (lobby is where you see the list of player names) & rejoin to show your location, repeat if needed to catch the text as it types across the screen.

hooking up with friends... use a third part map in your browser, if you have a 2nd monitor you can display the map on it or simply alt/tab out of the game to check the map & find you way, below is a great map that shows loot, vehciles, water sources, ect...

http://dayzdb.com/map

Edited by TCEd