Sign in to follow this  
Ryizine

My first experience in Dayz

My experience so far, now that I have got it running, is quite amusing.

The game itself has fun mechanics, and it's really rather immersive, what with the proximity chat and all.

So my first experience, at least in terms of learning the hard way to not trust anyone, is this. I was fleeing from about twenty zombies, when I happen upon a ranch. I see another survivor being chased by one, he simply calls out in a chipper english accent "Oi mate, I'm a friendly! Come with me!" So I follow him into the building he resides in, and the zombies come in. Not having a weapon, the man shoots down a couple zombies, while I state that I am going to go upstairs and find a weapon. He then proceeds to come up stairs and says "sorry mate, every man for themselves, ya know?" He then unloads with a fully auto gun on me.

Great experience, I have learned much from that little exchange, and will play accordingly. xD

I love how polite he was. :D That's probably the best lesson you can learn though - don't trust people, at least at first. But don't completely isolate yourself, some of the best fun to be had in this game is in joining forces with trustworthy strangers.

That is a great story. I do wish it was easier to team up with people, would really like someone to give me a blood pack.

I played for about 4 hours this afternoon and was all geared up and pretty happy about it. Then I randomly ran across a guy, I said friendly but he fired anyway. At least it was laggy enough so that I heard the shot and had a chance to retaliate before I died. So we both died about a foot away from each other. That was my first experience with DayZ.

Edited by BlksnshN

Sounds like a fun time. I don't trust anyone anymore either. I was helping a guy lose some Zeds the other day, but we couldn't kill each other in the first place, me having no weapon and him having a bowgun with no bolts. Now I had a bolt, but I didn't leave it for him until we parted ways, in fear he'd shoot me in the head for my canteen and matches.

Edited by HerrJon

My current life is much more entertaining. I was feeling pretty dejected from losing all my stuff and I was just randomly running through the woods and found a bandits camp. 5 tents, 5 AS50 sniper rifles with 40+ mags, a DMR, a SAW, etc... Needless to say some of his stuff is now mine, lol. Hopefully it is no one from this forum.

Yeah, I tried something interesting this play through, I found a dead guy who had a nice set up, so took it and found myself near Zeribeno or whatever. Well, considering it was night time, I figured it would be nice to have a fire, so I made one, but made it rather easy to spot from every distance. I took up position with my Winchester a little farther away, but still in range. I see a guy come up, in full Ghuillies, and for some reason he was talking over his mic. Lol, the guy said "Fuck, you got lucky bitch" sorry for the language, but un censored quotes are the best. So, considering I figured he was a bandit, I shot him in his leg, he of course gets a broken leg. I walk up to him, while taking my hatchet out. At this point, I feel a strange sense of satisfaction as to seeing the sick being that would hunt a player for items in such pain. So, with a quick "You earned this death" (Yes I practiced what I would say to a bandit) I chopped him to death and got some nice loot. Same day, joined a server that had a random "Death match mode" Didn't know what it was, died in like three seconds. Still happy with my accomplishment, the guy had it coming.