PC. (DayZ)

Dayz Standalone, Do arma 2 players need to pay again?

Already had Arma2 before DayZ, all DayZ did was rekindle my love for the game. I would glady buy a stand alone version (would love it to be on the Arma3 engine).

Has the Arma 3 engine been released yet? Is there a game for it? Because the Arma 2 engine (like I've said before) feels like it was made in Windows 95 MS Paint.

If DayZ standalone came out in December I'd be happy to buy since that Month it's my birthday :D

If 20-50$ I don't mind I rather buy it then buy an everyday same FPS shooter (CoD or BF's) for 60$ and get bored after a month.

If DayZ standalone came out in December I'd be happy to buy since that Month it's my birthday :D

If 20-50$ I don't mind I rather buy it then buy an everyday same FPS shooter (CoD or BF's) for 60$ and get bored after a month.

I think they should get standalone ASAP

Why? Because Arma 2's engine is SHIT and they'd also have 29323x more freedome. Example: Creating and adding new areas, textures, enterable buildings etc

I never played ArmA and I only bought it for the mod, I'm also not retarded. It's pretty bad when a company's product isn't even popular until after a player makes a mod for it that is a completely different theme from the original game.

You realise ARMA 3 was being developed before DayZ right?

I will not pay for it. Absolutely not. I purchased Arma 2 for DayZ. Arma 2 sucks. I didn't play it for a long time for a reason. Tried it and hated it. Essentially, I've already paid for DayZ and I won't do it again. Unless it's the Arma 3 version.

You did not pay for DayZ, you paid for arma 2 that's what you get. DayZ is a mod, not in any way part of the game so your logic fails.

Has the Arma 3 engine been released yet? Is there a game for it? Because the Arma 2 engine (like I've said before) feels like it was made in Windows 95 MS Paint.

Nope, it's not out yet but it depends entirely on Rocket I guess. The Arma2 engine is fine visually, but I like the idea of the Arma3 engine from more of a functionality standpoint like having better physics other new features.

The only complaint I see from some gamers would be system requirement but I sure it's just as scaleable as Arma2.

Edited by -lOldBoyl-

I never played ArmA and I only bought it for the mod, I'm also not retarded. It's pretty bad when a company's product isn't even popular until after a player makes a mod for it that is a completely different theme from the original game.

Arma 2 was popular, popular enough to continue and create arma 3.

And its not a player that made the mod, rocket is an employee of Bohemia, and they have now gained an extra half a million upto a million sales.

Now there is again money to be made when its a stand alone, and they will benefit from it when Arma 3 gets released.

I will not pay for it. Absolutely not. I purchased Arma 2 for DayZ. Arma 2 sucks. I didn't play it for a long time for a reason. Tried it and hated it. Essentially, I've already paid for DayZ and I won't do it again. Unless it's the Arma 3 version.

Yes, but see you are an idiot. People who buy a game for a mod and then proceeds to get pissy about potentially having to pay for the game based on the mod - if it ever even gets to the stage where it can be released as a standalone game - just boggle my mind.

I think they should get standalone ASAP

Why? Because Arma 2's engine is SHIT and they'd also have 29323x more freedome. Example: Creating and adding new areas, textures, enterable buildings etc

Please explain why the ArmA 2 engine is "SHIT". Please indulge us with your wisdom.

Edited by Guest

I think some of you are forgetting that we are currently DayZ is in the Alpha stage of development, a very early alpha stage at that.

Beta testing is a long way off, let alone the actual release, by that time DayZ will probably be a completely different game. It would effectively be like you have payed for DayZ 1 and then DayZ 2 is released.

Edited by Smoogles

What is it with people and their sense of entitlement these days?

It should be fairly obvious that when you buy a game you can only play that game and mods that work in conjunction with it. Imagine if they went standalone and had to give out a million copies of their new game to existing Arma2 owners (which btw the DayZ peeps don't get money from)...

I'll be happy to pay again if the wrinkles get ironed out.

Yes. They will need to pay for the standalone, just like anyone else will have to pay for the standalone game if they want to play it.

Hey guys, i got a question;

If you bought Arma 2 : CO,

Do you need to pay AGAIN for the standalone version?

Because its a little unfair when you bought arma 2 for dayz only..

And how much of the money that you payed for arma 2 went to the developer of DayZ? care to take a guees.. what would be unfair is if you did NOT have to pay again for a standalone version.

You never payed rocket or his team a dime, so I suggest you drop that sense of entitlement, its out of place.

Edited by Munx

Releasing Dayz standalone doesn't rule out that it could be built on a customized version of the ARMA III (or II) engine. I think it unlikely that rocket is going to build an engine from scratch even with a good sized team. You might have to buy "ARMA II: DayZ" all over again to play!

People who bought ARMA solely for DayZ (and then don't even try ARMA) are retarded enough, but then those that expect to not have to pay, or at least get a discount, on the stand-alone version are even more retarded.

And what makes them retarded exactly? Dayz is a fun game and worth the 20 dollars for Arma 2. 300,000 people bought Arma 2 since the release of DayZ.

OP makes a good point.. I still remember that horrible day Rocket came to my house with a gun and forced me to buy ArmAII:CO for DayZ only.

No wait... I made a conciousness decision to hand over my cash in order to try out DayZ, a game mod I was more than aware was in Alpha mod and was unlikely would forever remain on the ArmaII engine.

Suck it up and stop whining.

Holy crap!Every topic I see you make a hateful, troll comment do you have any social problem or something, because I am getting annoyed with your comments

Edited by Pumbas

I would gadly pay for DayZ if it became a standalone game. Think of this as a paid alpha...it's pretty much is, and I'm totally fine with it

Actually its a free alpha, as we never payed the developer a dime.

Edited by Munx

People who bought ARMA solely for DayZ (and then don't even try ARMA) are retarded enough, but then those that expect to not have to pay, or at least get a discount, on the stand-alone version are even more retarded.

Yeah, like even if you aren't a fan of the single player/coop campaign stuff the freaking Warzone gametype for multiplayer is a freaking blast, played it with my clan yesterday when I hadn't updated our DayZ server yet and it was awesome.

• Like 1

SO let me get this straight.

The game is going to have nothing to do with ARMA III? Not an expansion? not same engine? completely standalone?

SO let me get this straight.

The game is going to have nothing to do with ARMA III? Not an expansion? not same engine? completely standalone?

exactly.

exactly.

I dont know if i like that. What does BI get from this? dont they have the rights or somethin?

Ha. This kid thinks people actually play Arma 2 for Arma 2.