Sign in to follow this  
Hooveh

NEWBIE RAAAGE!

I'm at a military camp. I'm on my third character. Other two have died weaponless. Nearly all the zombies are on the left side of the camp, so I check the right side. Of course, all the good weaponry is where the zombies are, right? But how am I supposed to fight back if I'm seen? Afraid to aggro anything, I make one final sweep of the right side.

A hopping zombie sees me.

I get up and run, aggro-ing all the other zombies. I get far away, and go prone in the grass, but the zombies apparently have magically locked on to me, causing my hiding ability to become useless. A zombie begins to tear at me. I had no other option.

I DC'd.

I feel it was fully justified. DayZ gives me nothing to fight back with, instead gives me a ton of angry zombies, and expects me to be okay with that?

I join another server. Bandaging myself, I decide to go check out a town. But when I get there, 90% of the houses cannot be entered? Deciding to cross the street quickly, I get out of my prone position and crouch-run across the road. Every zombie in the town seems to notice.

I get up and sprint the rest of the way across the road. Zombies attack me again.

DC.

I log back in. My bandage was used already. I'm bleeding out. Nothing else to do.

"Respawn".

Apparently, when you die, you need to quit and rejoin the server. I get out, and WHAM. Server is full.

When I find a new one, I try the good ol' "town tactic" again, THIS TIME, without aggro-ing all the zombies. Halfway there, I see a dead body. "Charlie" was the player's name. He had lots of ammo on him, but no gun. Rather, he had a crowbar.

Taking the crowbar, I saw something in the upper right hand corner of the screen: "Hack <4 digit number here>", or something along those lines. This worries me, because I'd heard stories of players that looted corpses, found hacked weapons, and were perma-banned for it.

Deciding that this wasn't a chance I could pass up, I grabbed it. Just then, Charlie started talking in the direct comms: "Who's in the town?"

Technically, I wasn't IN the town, but I didn't care. I got the message, and didn't want to be attacked. I responded: "Did you die with a crowbar?"

We talked for a couple minutes, and I decided to be nice. I promised to give the crowbar back, since the player was quite close to me. Deciding to loot a nearby house while I waited for him to come to the town, my character crawled up to the doorstep.

Apparently, approaching a doorstep whilst crawling causes your idiotic character to stand up. Zombies from all around see me, so I use my crowbar.

Weakest. Weapon. Ever.

I had low blood, was bleeding out, and had 4-5 zombies attacking me at once.

I didn't DC, really. I ran away, hid in a bush, and used the super-legit "disconnect" button.

So, DayZ may be in beta. But I find it unplayable as it is, due to my lack of a weapon. Maybe I'll just wait 'till it's officially released.

[EDIT] I forgot to add, I spent 5-6 hours just getting the game to work. Not kidding.

[EDIT] Jeez, people, I'm not even hating on DayZ. If any of you actually knew anything about the game yourselves, you'd remember that every player goes through this. Including you. Yeah, the fact that I DC'd was stupid, but remember the title: "NEWBIE RAAAGE". NEWBIE. And just because I exploited a glitch doesn't mean I'm going to leave it out of the post.

Don't get me wrong, DayZ is a great game. I'm just getting to know it.

And to all those who hate on my for this: All I did was post my first experience on DayZ. I didn't ask for advice (though it is appreciated when presented in a helpful and calm fashion, rather than a "Y U NO KNOW DIS RANDOM PIECE OF ADVICE form"). I never said DayZ was bad, I never said I was good, and I'm almost hoping that this thread dies.

Bottom line: Stop breaking your own keyboard over me posting the life of my third and fourth characters.

I'd much appreciate it if a mod could lock this thread. Too many haters for their own good.

Edited by Hooveh

Get ready to be blasted with some flames.

DC from zombies = bad. Take it like a man

Edited by FrostDMG

Get ready to be blasted with some flames.

DC from zombies = bad. Take it like a man

I already said, it's DayZ's fault for not giving me a gun in the first place. I already feel fully justified for the first one, not quite so much for the second. But hey, at least I didn't steal some player's kill by Alt + F4'ing.

Edited by Hooveh

Getting away from Zombies is easy.

You can, run through a building with 2 exits (Really really common on the coast), Weave in and out of trees in the forest or you can find a steep enough hill that your character slow walks down (Zombies die trying to follow downhill).

Zombies are as they are because otherwise they aren't a threat, once you have a gun they are just an annoyance but still easy to avoid. Pretty much the reason you don't start with a Makarov is because it was so easy (Plus coast killing for more ammo).

During the daytime, don't walk across roads either, you make a lot more noise on the paved terrain so crawling in prone is best, also the Hack "99999" is not a hacked weapon, it's just how many swings the crowbar/hatchet has before needing to be reloaded (Weird but true).

Edit: Forgot the fourth way, train all your aggroed zombies into someone else.

Edited by Momiji

Are you serious?

Do some research on how to lose zombies..

To make it easier for you here is a video which shows how to lose zombies:

Unfortunately, you find DayZ unplayable at the moment because you suck.

Watch a few videos, ask around, use patience when stealthing.

Oh and avoid towns, until you can move around without aggroing. Barns and deer stands = Yum.

Edited by gutzdorf

I already said, it's DayZ's fault for not giving me a gun in the first place.

It's your fault for choosing this mod, knowing full well of how brutal and unforgiving it was. You know what you signed up for so either bite the bullet or uninstall.

• Like 1

Are you serious?

Do some research on how to lose zombies..

To make it easier for you here is a video which shows how to lose zombies:

I believe someone has to read the title.

"NEWBIE" rage. Not super-experienced-nerd-pro rage.

It's your fault for choosing this mod, knowing full well of how brutal and unforgiving it was. You know what you signed up for so either bite the bullet or uninstall.

I never said the mod was bad. I'm saying that I specifically find it unplayable.

I never said the mod was bad. I'm saying that I specifically find it unplayable.

Really isn't that hard to be honest, just takes a while to get adjusted to it. If you stick to it you'll make it. Don't expect insta-win and frequent deaths are something to get used to

War Z is coming soon, you will be ok

Correction: *FLAME* War Z. These people think that me failing at one of the hardest games to date is reason enough to insult my general gaming skill.

Really isn't that hard to be honest, just takes a while to get adjusted to it. If you stick to it you'll make it. Don't expect insta-win and frequent deaths are something to get used to

If you say so. I also never said I'd stop playing.

Keep in mind that this (true) story is from about a week ago.

If you say so. I also never said I'd stop playing.

Keep in mind that this (true) story is from about a week ago.

Yeah I used to DC from like 1 zombie when I got aggro when I started to play the mod - I think that was back in 1.7.1.5? I think... Not too sure.

Anyhow, basically once day I said "I will be a bitch no longer" - and I haven't DC'd from zombies or any PVP battle since.

I'm not sure if you feel the same way as I did but I felt as if I was just cheating the game so I had to kick myself in the balls for doing so.

No challenge = no fun

Yeah I used to DC from like 1 zombie when I got aggro when I started to play the mod - I think that was back in 1.7.1.5? I think... Not too sure.

Anyhow, basically once day I said "I will be a bitch no longer" - and I haven't DC'd from zombies or any PVP battle since.

I'm not sure if you feel the same way as I did but I felt as if I was just cheating the game so I had to kick myself in the balls for doing so.

No challenge = no fun

It's enough of a challenge to hit the "disconnect" button with my glitchy mouse before the zombies tear me to shreds.

I'll still DC until they fix it (since it is an exploit), or until I become a player with some degree of skill. Whichever comes first.

yea... DC'ing is pretty weak. Could have been worse I suppose, you coulda DC'ed in PvP Combat. If that was the case I would tell you to die in a fire. However, since you are rather new, Ima give you some helpful tips.

1. Dont DC. Fucking ever.

2. To lose aggro on zeds~ you either run to a building with 2 doors, let them all get inside (they get all retarded indoors) and exit out the other door, thereby breaking line of sight. A second method, is to take your zombie train to a very steep hill. The zombies will slow to a walk allowing you to get away. the hill method is more dangerous to use due to all the open ground you usually have to cross, but it beats looking for buildings to enter when you dont know of any off the top of your head. Basic rule, is to break line of sight.

3. Avoiding zed aggro in the first place~ first off, dont run anywhere near zombies. they are really good at visually detecting movement. Just crouchwalk or crawl through town. Also, pay attention to the terrain you are walking on, grass is good, forest grass is even better. Roads, farmland, and railroad tracks are to be avoided. If you have to cross one, look both ways first to make sure a zombie is not looking down the road. If there is one, and he looks far away, you can crawl across. if your close enough to hear him moaning and bellyaching, dont try it. An alternative method for those who dont give a fuck is to just run into town and aggro everything, and take all the zeds to a shop or something.

Hope this helps turn you from newbie into a "super-experienced-nerd-pro" as you say.

i can find a weapon in less then 30 mins so you just suck, use a map

I believe someone has to read the title.

"NEWBIE" rage. Not super-experienced-nerd-pro rage.

Uhm keep in mind that we're trying to help you with YOUR problem, react like this doesn't show youre thankful for the help we provide you..

And if you're new to a game doesn't mean you can't do any research on the game..

Next time try to find solutions for your problem first before posting, if you would google ''DayZ how to lose zombies'' you would have found the solution yourself.

yea... DC'ing is pretty weak. Could have been worse I suppose, you coulda DC'ed in PvP Combat. If that was the case I would tell you to die in a fire. However, since you are rather new, Ima give you some helpful tips.

1. Dont DC. Fucking ever.

2. To lose aggro on zeds~ you either run to a building with 2 doors, let them all get inside (they get all retarded indoors) and exit out the other door, thereby breaking line of sight. A second method, is to take your zombie train to a very steep hill. The zombies will slow to a walk allowing you to get away. the hill method is more dangerous to use due to all the open ground you usually have to cross, but it beats looking for buildings to enter when you dont know of any off the top of your head. Basic rule, is to break line of sight.

3. Avoiding zed aggro in the first place~ first off, dont run anywhere near zombies. they are really good at visually detecting movement. Just crouchwalk or crawl through town. Also, pay attention to the terrain you are walking on, grass is good, forest grass is even better. Roads, farmland, and railroad tracks are to be avoided. If you have to cross one, look both ways first to make sure a zombie is not looking down the road. If there is one, and he looks far away, you can crawl across. if your close enough to hear him moaning and bellyaching, dont try it. An alternative method for those who dont give a fuck is to just run into town and aggro everything, and take all the zeds to a shop or something.

Hope this helps turn you from newbie into a "super-experienced-nerd-pro" as you say.

Well, you hated on me less than most of these people. Apparently, seeing a new player causes them all to throw a fit. Kudos to you for suppressing this obvious rage.

And I'll remember what you said. Hopefully, it will help me in my quest to actually find a decent weapon.

i haven't gone prone around zombies since the last patch. When I get aggro I hoof it to a building or a pine tree. Tells you loads about how easy it is around em now.

Plus no more breaking bones.

BTW. The 'pine tree manoeuvre' - Run to a pine tree and stand by it's trunk. The Zed's pathfinding screws em up. Been mentioned before.

Edited by bogroll

Uhm keep in mind that we're trying to help you with YOUR problem, react like this doesn't show youre thankful for the help we provide you..

And if you're new to a game doesn't mean you can't do any research on the game..

Next time try to find solutions for your problem first before posting, if you would google ''DayZ how to lose zombies'' you would have found the solution yourself.

I never asked for help, I never asked for people to hate on me, I simply uploaded one of my first DayZ experiences. Being bombarded with replies of "how I suck at a game that I just got" isn't exactly pleasant.

An alternative method for those who dont give a fuck is to just run into town and aggro everything, and take all the zeds to a shop or something.

I actually tried that method on my current life for the first time - spawned at Drakon and insta-aggroed, so thought 'Ah fuck it, why not?' and charged through Elektro, straight into the church, was lucky enough to grab a shotgun, spun around expecting to have to kill 15 zeds.... and was amazed to find only one of them was smart enough to follow me in.

Then I crawled like a bitch out of town.