Sign in to follow this  
-nick-

Shot friend - Re-spawned with all gear he died with

I've not played for a good two weeks & after raiding the military tents in Berezino, my friend aggro'd a load of zeds.

He ran towards me & I fired a single shot trying to take some down & shot him in the face. Insta-death.

As I looted his dead body and took his CZ/Revolver etc - He said on teamspeak that he had spawned at the military tents with ALL his gear (CZ/Revolver/Blood/Food.. Everything)

Is this a bug, or a new serverside feature? Server was DE138 I think.

Did he Alt-F4? only possible explanation - apart from the "it's a weird fucking bug"

This can happen if you don't wait for the timer after you die, the "Please wait 5 seconds before respawning"

Basically you exit before the game saves your death to the hive/server.

At least that's my theory since it's happened to me when i've been impatient when i get killed.

I accidentally killed my friend as well in the NW airfield, like you I looted some of his things, and he respawned on the beach with everything he died with, and even the same amount of blood he had before he died

Did he Alt-F4? only possible explanation - apart from the "it's a weird fucking bug"

No, he didn't Alt-F4.

This can happen if you don't wait for the timer after you die, the "Please wait 5 seconds before respawning"

Basically you exit before the game saves your death to the hive/server.

At least that's my theory since it's happened to me when i've been impatient when i get killed.

He did press escape upon the 'You are dead' screen as he's impatient. Best bug EVER!