TiiX (DayZ)

Zombie change(s)

This isn't as much a suggestion as a change but imma get to the point.

I've found myself sometimes(after a respawn/death) going through a small village or city looking for ammo, some flares and maybe some weapons when i suddenly make 1 wrong step and get a horde of zombies after me. Obviously i'll shoot back but it doesn't always help as ammo is scarce.

So here i am running from a horde of zombies with nothing but flares, water and food in my bag. What do i do? The zombies run atleast 2x as fast as me and if i try to run towards another player in hope that he'll open fire on the zombies, he might aswell shoot me. There's basically nothing at all i can do.

My point is that the zombies need to lose "aggro" if you will and they absolutely need to have a lower runspeed... I can't run nearly as fast as the zombies even with an empty bag... Trust me, i've tried it.

*****Skip to here if you don't want to read the "description"*****

What i want:

1. Zombies lose "aggro" from me alot faster than me running from Kamenka to Elektrogorsk and me finally giving up.

2. Zombies being slowed down ALOT.

*****Skip to here if you don't want to read the "description"*****

The fact that the zombies run so effing fast is just wierd to me since i see them stumbling around like drunks but then as soon as 1 zombie sees me, 10 zombies come sprinting faster than the speed of light towards me.. And the bugs don't make it any easier.

Oh well, i hope this gets fixed, sorry for the long post!

I half agree here, you need to be able to lose zombies some way or another but it should be harder than just running in a straight line. Something like losing their line of sight and making complicated turns might be a good way, not sure.

But it should be harder than just running in a straight line. Something like losing their line of sight and making complicated turns might be a good way' date=' not sure.

[/quote']

Yeah, obviously you shouldn't be able to just run in a straight line away from the zombies but if the zombies are still going to be as fast as they are right now, it's going to be impossible to make them lose the line of sight and for you to be able to get away from them. The only way i see right now is to throw a smoke or whiskey bottle(which needs to be found) and hope for the zombies not to break your bones/hit you into unconciousness while you're actually throwing it.

I know this may sound cruel but when I find someone running towards me with a swarm of zombies on his tail that I know I couldn't take on, I just shoot him in the legs before he gets to me and carry on with my business.

However I do agree that the Zeds, whilst not like your typical shambler should give up the chase at least after half a mile or so, or at the very least slow down to a considerable pace (from fatigue or whatnot) so as to allow the player a chance to lose them through a building complex.

Line of sight would be a nice way of doing this however it has to be something more complex than falling onto prone which technically according to the HUD does just that. Would be nice if you were able to considerably outrun a horde after a couple minutes of running and go prone in a bush however they keep running in your general direction and actually run past you rather than 'resetting'.

Line of sight would be the only way. These undead do not get tired, bored, annoyed, or relentless. The only thing on their mind is feeding, and if you are in their line of sight they will do /anything/ to get to you. They will not grow bored and leave you alone; they will simply keep hunting you until they lose their line of sight!

This has been discussed from the dawning days of DayZ, The zombie behaviour does indeed need tweaking althou we must remember, it's an alpha.

I suggest a similar mechanic employed by ACE, give players AND zombies stamina, if you keep running you will tire out, your screen will blur, gun will shake, your character will pant heavily, and soon enough if you push it too hard you'll outright pass out.

Give zombies a shorter stamina then players so they can get away, al thou if they are packing the heaviest backpack with a full capacity, that player may end up tiring out first.

It gives new players a decent chance of getting away if they avoid meeting new zombies on the way, and also adds the idea that not everyone will want to carry the big heavy bags and stay light and mobile.

Also zombies should only pursue players on sight, and wander toward their direction by sound (like they do with bottles and stuff) so if a gunshot goes off in town it will attract all the zombies but only at a walking pace until your seen. Of course unless you shoot the gun off right next to them maxing the sound bar out, chasing you then is fine, as to avoid a crawl of invisibility.

I suggest a similar mechanic employed by ACE' date=' give players AND zombies stamina, if you keep running you will tire out, your screen will blur, gun will shake, your character will pant heavily, and soon enough if you push it too hard you'll outright pass out.

Give zombies a shorter stamina then players so they can get away, al thou if they are packing the heaviest backpack with a full capacity, that player may end up tiring out first.[/quote']

I like this a lot.

I'd love it even more if the player has a 'Hotbutton' to drop whatever pack they have while running.

"Do I risk my life for this loot or do I drop it and hope I can get away?"

I assume such a feature will be implemented eventually(stamina/encumbrance) as it is the only justification to have a Czech Vest (4 slot 'backpack').

This has been discussed from the dawning days of DayZ' date=' The zombie behaviour does indeed need tweaking althou we must remember, it's an alpha.

I suggest a similar mechanic employed by ACE, give players AND zombies stamina, if you keep running you will tire out, your screen will blur, gun will shake, your character will pant heavily, and soon enough if you push it too hard you'll outright pass out.

Give zombies a shorter stamina then players so they can get away, al thou if they are packing the heaviest backpack with a full capacity, that player may end up tiring out first.

It gives new players a decent chance of getting away if they avoid meeting new zombies on the way, and also adds the idea that not everyone will want to carry the big heavy bags and stay light and mobile.

Also zombies should only pursue players on sight, and wander toward their direction by sound (like they do with bottles and stuff) so if a gunshot goes off in town it will attract all the zombies but only at a walking pace until your seen. Of course unless you shoot the gun off right next to them maxing the sound bar out, chasing you then is fine, as to avoid a crawl of invisibility.

[/quote']

I agree. Good points!