Sign in to follow this  
Quadrophenik

Lights Inside Certain Buildings

I personally LOVE nighttime in this game, even though I think it's safer, at the same time, I still always feel on edge. My biggest issue with the nighttime though, is the inability to see loot inside buildings. Sure, you can use a flashlight, but it often feels useless and possibly gives off your position to an extreme. So something I personally would love to see, would be nighttime interior lighting. This could include something as simple as a lamp in residential buildings to some basic overhead lighting in industrial buildings.

Why this should be added:

-Makes the game playable at night for noobs. I remember when I first started playing, I just quite when night came on most of my local servers. (I had NO clue what to do or where to go)

-INCREASES DANGER: People and zombies will be able to see you inside buildings faaaaaar easier.

-Allows for nighttime looting.

Of course, this should 100% omitted from certain buildings, specifically pvp specific ones now. If you want to try and loot a supermarket and you decide you want to see, thats your risk. Same goes for Barracks, ATC towers, military tents, and maybe schoolhouses.

If for some reason this idea enrages you, just post no. No reason to burn this to the ground...

We have flashlights, flares, chemsticks, and military flashlights.

We just need to use what we have at hand.

I think it would be cool, but if zombies are destroying everything I don't think electricity will be abundant in many places :P The only places I would consider lighting would be in the bigger cities (1 or 2 of them) and maybe the airfield at the north west area, such as spotlights or something.

Spotlights are in the game, think about being in a group and using the spotlight to find people walking around the airstrip, then your team shoots them.. epic.

Edited by Mikeambrose3

the problem is, there is no more electricity on the island, there may be power plants and transformers, but no one left to operate and maintain them.

Spotlights are in the game, think about being in a group and using the spotlight to find people walking around the airstrip, then your team shoots them.. epic.

I'm just imagining them moving really slowly across the airfield. Meanwhile, some guy in the bushes that it slowly passes over shits himself.

Actually, what would be really cool, is being able to use the flashlight as a deployable lamp. Lighting a room up, while using your primary weapon. Almost like a kerosine lamp with batteries.

^

Everyone knows there are little men in the cement who use cranks that power the runway 24/7.

^

Completely unaware of the zombie apocalypse.

If you mean the little men, yes. They are unaware.

I like how pretty much every building has no power in the world, but yet the NWAF runway lights are on....

Whats solar power.

I personally LOVE nighttime in this game, even though I think it's safer, at the same time, I still always feel on edge. My biggest issue with the nighttime though, is the inability to see loot inside buildings. Sure, you can use a flashlight, but it often feels useless and possibly gives off your position to an extreme. So something I personally would love to see, would be nighttime interior lighting. This could include something as simple as a lamp in residential buildings to some basic overhead lighting in industrial buildings.

Why this should be added:

-Makes the game playable at night for noobs. I remember when I first started playing, I just quite when night came on most of my local servers. (I had NO clue what to do or where to go)

-INCREASES DANGER: People and zombies will be able to see you inside buildings faaaaaar easier.

-Allows for nighttime looting.

Of course, this should 100% omitted from certain buildings, specifically pvp specific ones now. If you want to try and loot a supermarket and you decide you want to see, thats your risk. Same goes for Barracks, ATC towers, military tents, and maybe schoolhouses.

If for some reason this idea enrages you, just post no. No reason to burn this to the ground...

chemical lights is the answer :)

Maybe if you find industrial parts and Gerry cans in other buildings you can use them to temporarily run a power plant, lighting up surrounding buildings for a few minutes. I probably wouldn't use this to light buildings I was planning on entering, but as a distraction. It's like flares. I've never once used a flare to light up an area that I'm trying to loot. It's always been to move zombies or as a red herring to slow down other players while they investigate and I loot someplace else.

In the day Z game files there is a portable generator. Also, somebody found one a few weeks ago (with proof). Hopefully at some point we'll be able to do some pretty cool things with it.