emilgebl

DayZ Standalone confirmed??

Rocket has said the standalone version is planned to be released later this year, so I don't know how it could be based on ArmA 3's engine when it isn't even finished. Maybe the standalone will be ported to ArmA 3 somewhere down the line.

Edited by randir14

Rocket has said the standalone version is planned to be released later this year, so I don't know how it could be based on ArmA 3's engine when it isn't even finished.

I wan't a quote on that, cause that's not possible.

The game would have to be in late Beta if that were to happen. No. This cannot be true.

I guarantee you it will not be sooner than a year. Expect a Beta in the next 6 months I'd say, no sooner

At the risk of this already having been mentioned, ARMA 3 has a release date of early 2013 last I heard. Rocket has been talking of a DAY Z standalone around the September time.

Again I may have missed updated info on release dates but those are the last ones I heard

No, not that again :( pls

Iam tired of its bugs and glitches and its animation breaks

but Iam almost sure that BIS will not give its RV4 engine, and I think there will be no DayZ for A3

GTA IV engine is the best one for this game

Rage Engine.

I dont like the idea to pay for standalone if its runs on A2 engine again

Well, they wouldn't run the entire alpha on the Arma 2 engine if they weren't willing to use it for the full release of the game.

Imagine how much time would be necessary so we could have another playable version of the game if they decided to change the engine.

I'm fine with it, as long as they fix the huge amount of bugs that currently exist in the full version.

I wan't a quote on that, cause that's not possible.

The game would have to be in late Beta if that were to happen. No. This cannot be true.

I guarantee you it will not be sooner than a year. Expect a Beta in the next 6 months I'd say, no sooner

The article in the OP says September. He also mentions standalone releasing this year in this interview: http://www.gamebreak...hall-interview/

And it wouldn't have to be in beta status, like the article says it's planned to be like Minecraft - release as an alpha with free updates.

Edited by randir14

they just took the quotes in that "news" from the interview i think everyone has allready read, he didnt say he would go standalone, he said that he could imagine to do it, and then would probably go for a minecraft like model of payment

he also said in the same paragraph that he may adopt the arma 3 engine, so nothing is "revealed" as f now, until rocket speaks out himself

they just took the quotes in that "news" from the interview i think everyone has allready read, he didnt say he would go standalone, he said that he could imagine to do it, and then would probably go for a minecraft like model of payment

he also said in the same paragraph that he may adopt the arma 3 engine, so nothing is "revealed" as f now, until rocket speaks out himself

Watch this interview starting around 14:30. http://www.gamebreak...hall-interview/

"I've made no secret that I want this to go standalone" and from there they discuss the standalone version, including "there's no reason this cant happen very rapidly" and "I'm confident by the end of the year we'll have something".

Edited by randir14

Well, they wouldn't run the entire alpha on the Arma 2 engine if they weren't willing to use it for the full release of the game.

Imagine how much time would be necessary so we could have another playable version of the game if they decided to change the engine.

I'm fine with it, as long as they fix the huge amount of bugs that currently exist in the full version.

The assumption you are making there is that its not possible or very diffucult to move up to Arma3

rocket has already statted somewhere he has had DayZ running on 3

I would imagine the base code would be similar in quite a few ways so moving forward to Arma 3 may not be as diffucult as you think.

I would say its probably going to run on the ARMA 3 engine, one reason is because ARMA 3 was suppose to go into a public community alpha around mid-late 2012 which makes since for a September release of the standalone version of DayZ.

I don't really see them taking the ARMA 2 engine for standalone and then updating later to the ARMA 3 engine.

So if there is a standalone version to come out in September I could only think rocket would want RV4.

People assume because ArmA 3 won't release before 2013, DayZ can't use the engine ?

Even if ArmA 3 isn't released this year, the game engine itself has probably already been finished.

Right now, ArmA 3 is probably just about additional features, internal testing, bugs fixing, kind of last stage of developpment.

So DayZ can use that engine no problem.

People assume because ArmA 3 won't release before 2013, DayZ can't use the engine ?

Even if ArmA 3 isn't released this year, the game engine itself has probably already been finished.

Right now, ArmA 3 is probably just about additional features, internal testing, bugs fixing, kind of last stage of developpment.

So DayZ can use that engine no problem.

Fair point.

I wish this game was feasible on the Source engine. I've never enjoyed moving around so much as I do in any Source game.

Forums hate me today, not typing my long ass reply, it was a good one not a troll one either.

By the way, can i have a link to where he said it has been ported to Arma 3, because on Facebook he told me Euphoria would be quite awesome

Euphoria is a good engine, my cousin worked on Red Dead Redemption as an animator and I loved the Undead Nightmare version. It is not a full game engine though, mostly for animation and physics.

It should be fine if he sticks to Arma3 engine as long as he can implement all the features that he wants in Dayz.

Edited by jay.pis

No, not that again :( pls

Iam tired of its bugs and glitches and its animation breaks

but Iam almost sure that BIS will not give its RV4 engine, and I think there will be no DayZ for A3

GTA IV engine is the best one for this game

Rage Engine.

I dont like the idea to pay for standalone if its runs on A2 engine again

Euphoria was used in GTA4 (as well as in Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption) for character animation. Euphoria itself is program component only for character animation.

• Like 1

This topic was already dead (July? Seriously? Who bumps that)

And of course there are several threads already

SOOO locking