Sign in to follow this  
Madrawn

Minecraft gets it right. MineZ

These are all things that will be fixed in standalone Day Z.

Rocket has said countless times the reason he's not fixing alot of stuff is because it's easy to fix when the game goes standalone, and this is the time to experiment with how the game actually plays, when there's no money involved.

Day Z will get it right, just wait.

Well then he obviously should loose it? It's not the problem of the feature but of implementation?

Yes obviously, but if it were that simple it would have just been fixed. Obviously I won't claim to understand what kind of a database structure DayZ hive is running, but I do understand the difficulty of changing something seemingly very small when you're looking at the database structure and going "oh shit..."

Please let rocket decide what he puts in his game.

Edited by Mourek

What I find amazing about Minez is that more people are generally friendly and won't kill you on sight which I would like to know why and see if there is a possible way to get that into dayz.

because you dont die instantly in minecraft

Most of them just reads the title, first and last sentence and makes a reply. What did you expect?

Yep. This is why I'll be leaving now. My first thought when I ran into the problems of this game's community, an element so vastly important for its success, was that it was just a very vocal minority and I was getting unlucky. Having seen this is hardly the case and an overwhelming majority of the people associated with this game are just dicks, with the exceptions being too infrequent to do anything or having left long ago, I'm going to do myself a favor and join the latter group.

I've seen some minecraft videos it looks ok but boring. I guess MineZ would make a good distraction while I wait to see if the hacking and server hop problems get fixed before WarZ comes out.

Edited by DeadManDan

rocket was talking about doing the track logs and if you are leaving and joinging too fast you would start to get a spawn cooldown and eventually it would kill your doodz

You maybe heard of the minecraft server mod "MineZ", if not go looking here.

It's literally DayZ just within minecraft and without guns. You still have to scavenge for food, search for equipment which randomly spawns etc.

But the reason I post here is not to advertise, but to discuss certain features of MineZ which make it a more enjoyable experience than DayZ.

Let me list those reasons here:

1. The shouting distance is 250 blocks, which is like 2,5 miles in ArmA. Basically if you see them, you can talk to them.
  2. There is a universal "peace" sign, which is easily accessible and highly visible.
  3. If you log out, a copy of yourself stays at your current position. When you log in it vanishes. If your copy gets killed, you die as well. The copy stays for 5 minutes.
  4. Upon logging out you receive a 30 seconds ban. If you log out multiple times in a row the ban-time increases and resets again if you don't log out for a while.
  5. If you die you get banned for a minute. If you die again in an hour the banning time increases rapidly.
  6. When someone murders a fellow player, a global message appears reading "X killed Y" and you see the names of others when you hover over them.

So let me explain why I think those small adjustments make MineZ more enjoyable then DayZ.

By being able to communicate with somebody as soon as I spot them, it is much easier to identify their intentions. If they don't respond they're to avoid.

You can also team up easily with strangers, while inside a town, because everyone in town hears you and not just those in the same room with you.

I think this should be relatively easy to implement somehow.

Blocking with your sword is for MineZ, what's the question "friendly is for DayZ. It is highly visible even from afar and is fast which makes it great if you stumble upon someone else in a house.

In DayZ we also have the option to salute, but the problem is, it's clunky, takes long, leaves you vulnerably and only works with a main gun equipped. This is what makes saluting a terrible option, when you run around a corner and meet a equally scared survivor.

I'm not sure how a similar feature could be added to ArmA.

3. & 4.

This is the ultimate solution for ghosting, combat logging and loot hopping. Period.

If one gets mauled by zombies and disconnects? His copy gets mauled. If you ambush a group and they try to ghost themselves to victory? They get themselves banned for several minutes while you snipe their lifeless copys.

Those guys sitting in a fire-fighter station just switching between the servers, farming his "starting" gear together? Well it will take a lot longer if they have to wait 15 minutes after their third relog.

5. In MineZ there are fixed spawn-points, 150 people per server and lots and lots of deaths. So the spawn areas are pretty cramped, I'm not saying this is good, but you'd think it is a massacre, because everyone starts with a weapon. In DayZ it sure would. 12 guys with guns in a place? One of the will go nuts.

The death ban increases something like this: 1 min, 2,5 min, 5 min, 15 min etc. And gets reset if you don't die for an hour.

So if some survivor starts going ape shit crazy at the spawn area, he'll get banned for a while after a few deaths.

In DayZ this would also counter those who spawn, collect a basic weapon and then start hunting for other players for the fun of it.

When I say that we should add a "who killed who" message and showing the players name, I'm sure some of you start screaming "This is unrealistic, you wouldn't know in reallife, etc..."

But we all agree that the with the bandit skin we could at least figure out who was NOT a manhunter, those without a bandit skin, and that it is now just "fire on sight".

Games just try to emulate the real world, but they need some "unrealistic hacks" to convey information which they can not simulate.

For example 3rd person is a great solution to make up for the lack of spatial awareness in games.

In DayZ, right now, we can't even tell our friends apart when they have similar skins. This is neither fun nor realistic. Therefore adding names when you look at them would make DayZ, in a way, more realistic.

By displaying informative death messages people who kill a lot will get noticed. Everyone gets a kill once in a while and that won't disturb anybody, but if you see three or four kills by the same guy you be sure he's sniping.

Also going sniping will still not brand you as a bandit/killer, because only those currently on the server know about it. You have to build up a certain kind of "fame" before people recognize you as a bandit. Just like in reallife. We just created something like a "meta-humanity-system". yey

I don't like minecraft, but it is obvious that they put two ounces of thought towards how to fix dayz problems...And so fast too, hmmm..Maybe they should help out the dayz guys?

You maybe heard of the minecraft server mod "MineZ", if not go looking here.

It's literally DayZ just within minecraft and without guns. You still have to scavenge for food, search for equipment which randomly spawns etc.

But the reason I post here is not to advertise, but to discuss certain features of MineZ which make it a more enjoyable experience than DayZ.

Let me list those reasons here:

1. The shouting distance is 250 blocks, which is like 2,5 miles in ArmA. Basically if you see them, you can talk to them.
  2. There is a universal "peace" sign, which is easily accessible and highly visible.
  3. If you log out, a copy of yourself stays at your current position. When you log in it vanishes. If your copy gets killed, you die as well. The copy stays for 5 minutes.
  4. Upon logging out you receive a 30 seconds ban. If you log out multiple times in a row the ban-time increases and resets again if you don't log out for a while.
  5. If you die you get banned for a minute. If you die again in an hour the banning time increases rapidly.
  6. When someone murders a fellow player, a global message appears reading "X killed Y" and you see the names of others when you hover over them.

Just think about it, ".......2,5 miles in ArmA." for talking to other players ? that wont work in dayZ, never. Try that in real, look if you can understand your friend with gunshoot noises in the background ^^

The "peace" sign, you know there is a surrender key, just use it, maybe we as community can get it to the ..universal "peace" sign....

I like the idea how they handle the Dc/Alt F4 thing, but i dont think thats so easy with how Arma2 servers work etc., because if it would be that easy we would allready seen it in the mod/game

And why the hell do i want to see, who killed who in dayZ ? what should it be good for ? if im dead im dead, i dont care who killed me......

i dont like minecraft, but you got my beans just for dont bitching, and bringing suggestions :beans:

It's very cool when different types of mobs are added to the game, and they also complicate the process of survival, obtaining food, resources, etc.