bully (DayZ)

need help with direct chat

Hey guys,

I can use direct chat just fine, and the people i meet can read it...but i NEVER get any reply!

i talked to around 10 ppl the last week of whom im sure they could read my direct chat (i ask them to lie down for yes and stand up for no...a uneasy way to communicate but atleast im sure the can read my chat)

i always explain how to chat to the guys ("." key to scroll to direct comm the "/" to get a cursor to type) but out of those 10 ppl NONE replied!

it was not like they didnt want to chat or group because the grouped up with me and did ther stuff i asked over direct chat (another proof they can read my chat)

am i meeting the most daft survivors .........or are they typing and cant i read them...i.e. is the problem on my end not recieving their chat?

Ive encountered many people who didnt answer in chat, Even if i just said hey. Guess they're not answering you. I shoot the ones that doesent say hey back.

They might be trying to reply over the mic and you've turned your mic volume all the way down. Just a possible thought as I assume you don't use a mic to direct comm but the majority do.

But as above, not everyone decides to talk back anyway

Edited by Addicted

Direct chat should work on all servers. If all else fails try it with your friend to make sure it works

hmm..well im pretty sure atleast half of those guys (5) where trying to tak...but appearantly couldnt figure out how....

guess im just unlucky with the survivors i met

also i dont have a mic...but do i need to set up anything to let me hear ppl chat (with a mic) over direct comm?

Direct chat should work on all servers. If all else fails try it with your friend to make sure it works

yeah i dont have any friends )-:

(well i do but none play on pc...bunch of lazy console boys)

yeah i dont have any friends )-:

(well i do but none play on pc...bunch of lazy console boys)

I suggest finding a group to play with via the website. That's what I did.

Playing DayZ in a group is much better than solo - also much less frustrating and boring!

KIll the people who don't respond, Soon they'll learn :)

KIll the people who don't respond, Soon they'll learn :)

aaw u know....

i meet mostly friendly players (i must be real lucky if i read this forum) and sometimes i DO want to murder them but i just cant do it and end up helping them (-:

im just 2 soft hearted for this game lol

in a reall apocalyps id be amongs the first to die no doubt (-:

on the other hand i did meet some very nice groups

I can't join a group because i cant see anyone's chat at all. gay.