Humbabwe

Game has now become completely unplayable

Drogur if you join 50% of the US servers you can't join or you will be frozen after 10-15 minutes..

I was playing on US73, after 10 minutes a yellow-cain appeared, and stayed there for over 20 minutes.. No one could join, and if you looted it would take a hour to get the loot, and if you join a EU server after you will be setted back to there the yellow-cain started >.<

I hear you....and i know that ping isnt all...but it is a factor.....I usually dont play on US servers....I´m located around the polar circle way up north in Europe and have high ping to the US servers...

Added: And the fact is that the most traffic is between you and the server.....between server and Hive its much less....

Edited by Drogur

If it was the Hive we would all have that problem, but most of us play just fine. The problem is at your end. It's a user error.

So could somebody figure out what this problem is?

• Like 1

This has been happening with me for about a week now too. I am unable to keep any items I find between play sessions. I always rejoin any server with the starting equipment but my blood values are saved, and my food/drink/etc. meters are saved too.I believe it may be a hive problem.

Has anyone tried a complete reinstall yet?

I've made a new profile in game, but that didn't work. Going to different servers does not help either, running current beta patches or older beta patches makes no difference.

This bug has effectively broken the game for me...I mostly play on Dallas 3. When this first happened I thought it was a bug from getting on and off a bus but it has persisted. None of my companions have suffered any problems like mine either. I don't know what to do.

This has been happening with me for about a week now too. I am unable to keep any items I find between play sessions. I always rejoin any server with the starting equipment but my blood values are saved, and my food/drink/etc. meters are saved too.I believe it may be a hive problem.

Has anyone tried a complete reinstall yet?

I've made a new profile in game, but that didn't work. Going to different servers does not help either, running current beta patches or older beta patches makes no difference.

This bug has effectively broken the game for me...I mostly play on Dallas 3. When this first happened I thought it was a bug from getting on and off a bus but it has persisted. None of my companions have suffered any problems like mine either. I don't know what to do.

Are you sure your server is running the same patch/version as you? Sometimes they are a bit slow to update the server description.

Certain its the same. And regardless if it is not, as I said above I have tried other servers besides Dallas 3 with new/older versions.

Edited by scrubout

Certain its the same. And regardless if it is not, as I said above I have tried other servers besides Dallas 3 with new/older versions.

Well, reinstall it is I guess. Then manual patch install, SixUpdater is sometimes a bit funky with the beta patches.

It can't be the Hive, as you said " None of my companions have suffered any problems like mine either."

Its the damn spawn points that are pissing me off, You go to a dear stand for example and they will keep respawing under it, You go to an airfield and they will spawn next to you.

Same thing happened to me. Joined a server and tried to put my nightvision goggles on, but nothing happened. Checked my inventory and my binoculars, night vision goggles, tools, backpack, main weapon and side arm are gone. Tried rejoining some other server, the items are still gone. Here's the hoping its just a problem with the hive server and gets fixed...

Well, reinstall it is I guess. Then manual patch install, SixUpdater is sometimes a bit funky with the beta patches.

It can't be the Hive, as you said " None of my companions have suffered any problems like mine either."

Afraid its not just me suffering from this problem though. Have you read the other threads complaining about this? I'm not the only person playing this game having problems saving inventory. I also don't use sixupdater. I always manual install cause its easy. I've been manual installing versions/patches since1.7.1.5 with no problems.

It'd be interesting to know if other people having this problem manual install or use sixupdater. I think I've heard of both so far but I could be wrong.

Edited by scrubout

oKAY... i figured it out... well, i didnt figure it out but someone did (sorry man, dont know how to cite you... I'll paste here what I did.

1. If you're using Steam ( same as me ), go to Steam Library > Right click on ARMA 2 OA > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache then run ARMA 2 OA or ARMA 2 CO once. If not using Steam, go directly to the next step.
  2. Go to your ARMA 2 OA main folder > Expansion > delete the entire beta folder
  3. Download and install the latest patch ( the current newest patch ) at http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

After this, run six launcher and go into options... check all boxes except "Update Beta Patch (otherwise..." Then run it from the betalaunch icon in your "arma 2 operation arrowhead" folder, not from six launcher.

The first step i did like 4 times, until it told me I had only one bad file.

You'll know it has worked if the loading screen is tanks and hangars in stead of that dapper man in the army uniform, and if, both before you join and in game your interface/server list looks completely different (brown, better looking, youll notice).

Hope it works for you guys too, and thanks to whoever I got this fix from.

Lemme know if you have questions!

Edited by Humbabwe

Sorry, but i gotta rebump... THIS FIX IS IMPORTANT!!!

I think this fix works! I've tested it once now and I'm testing it a second time just to be sure. This is fantastic.

*edit*: YES! It works! This fix needs to be stickied.

Edited by scrubout
  • Like 1

Please sticky this thread... Fixes 90% of problems being had with this game!!!