Humbabwe

Game has now become completely unplayable

Hey guys,

So, since the latest patch (1.7.3.5?) and simultaneously, since I've been using the Six updater and launcher, I have begun to have major problems, all of which can be found throughout the bugs page, but none of which have answers to them. I don't know what to do anymore.

I can deal with most bugs: Teleporting, interface problems, loot spawning problems, et cetera... but since this newest patch, I have two major problems.

1. Since about a week ago, whenever I log off and on I retain my stats for blood, food, water, and location, but am completely wiped of inventory and am started with painkillers, and one bandage... no matter what I had collected up until the time I logged out, or how long I waited before logging out.

2. As of today, I can barely stay in a server for 5 minutes (max) without losing connection with the host. (no signal received for __ seconds)

These two things added together make the game literally unplayable, as you can imagine.

Any advice would be much appreciated. The best would be if someone could walk me through a reinstall, cuz I'm not great with computing and I don't want to have to pay for the game again (I know that shouldnt be the case, but I fear it anyway)

One thing which may be very important, and may not, is that I keep getting this message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RsclnGameUI/RscUnitInfoSoldier/Background.type'.

Dont know what that means, but it is what it is...

Anyway, thanks in advance for any feedback,

Brian

• Like 1

So...lets start to hear what version you are running...and what version is the server running?

I'm using 1.7.3 and the 95208 beta, I have not experienced either of those problems. It's pretty laggy but that might be the server I play on. I don't want to leave it because bicycle.

It's definitely not unplayable for me.

Edited by Max Planck

See, Im not sure how to answer that... Im running the latest DayZ version (1.7.3.5?) and I have the latest beta patch for OA... I dont really pay attention to the servers and what they are running, but its the same for every server I go in.

How does one find out which beta they are running? And how does one get the newest beta?

How does one find out which beta they are running? And how does one get the newest beta?

In ARMA, in window before multiplayer, right down corner.....look always here...dont trust Six.

• Like 1

how do you know if the server is official and connected to the hive?

I'm having the same inventory problem. Makes all progress pointless.

Also I thought the newest beta was backwards compatible with previous versions on servers

Edited by JJones

In ARMA, in window before multiplayer, right down corner.....look always here...dont trust Six.

So Six Updater may not be installing the latest beta?

Its about what ARMA has loaded for you....thats what matters....

Dont want to guess on six updater.....go to there homepage and read there forum...Sickboy (the creator) is very helpful.

to get arma to run the newest OA beta I had to find the beta launch icon in the programs folder. Now I run it and it doesn't run out of steam which doesnt matter too much to me. Anyways that fixed arma running with the 1.60 . but now of course I get this problem of inventory and totally not worth playing

Diky moc... I've just updated the beta... lets see how it goes

What he means is only use six updater tp update datz/beta. R click your preset in six and launch the game. I never join games from six. I use the normal arma list for that.

Yeah, now Im just losing connection almost immediately, and my internet gets knocked out when I join a server. This is ridiculous...

Same.. Its the hive..

I dont understand how Rocket can have so much time for interviews then is game isnt working???

Yeah, now Im just losing connection almost immediately, and my internet gets knocked out when I join a server. This is ridiculous...

Thats strange....I run the latest and no problem...UK01

it is neiither your client or the server you are connection to that is the problem, the problem is HIVE the Dayz backend which store and transmit loot, locations and character locations to the servers you play on. HIVE has been royaly fooked the last 3-4 days. The best bet you got is to stop playing for like 2 days and see if the HIVE backend has become more stable.

Same here man! I have the 1st problem.

I sent a ticket in, If I get any response, Ill alert you.

• Like 1

it is neiither your client or the server you are connection to that is the problem, the problem is HIVE the Dayz backend which store and transmit loot, locations and character locations to the servers you play on. HIVE has been royaly fooked the last 3-4 days. The best bet you got is to stop playing for like 2 days and see if the HIVE backend has become more stable.

But why does it seem only to be happening to a select few players? I would assume the forums would be blowing up with complaints about this... I didnt play yesterday or the day before for that reason, and when I came back it was just worse. I love this game. Been waiting to play it since I first beat Res. Evil 1, around 15 years ago. *softly sobbing*

You got like an official source of that? Or is it a general feeling you have?

If it was the Hive we would all have that problem, but most of us play just fine. The problem is at your end. It's a user error.

Drogur if you join 50% of the US servers you can't join or you will be frozen after 10-15 minutes..

I was playing on US73, after 10 minutes a yellow-cain appeared, and stayed there for over 20 minutes.. No one could join, and if you looted it would take a hour to get the loot, and if you join a EU server after you will be setted back to there the yellow-cain started >.<