Sign in to follow this  
ghsdrhdrhdgh

Is it possible to test DayZ before buying ARMA?

Hello,

The DayZ mods seems very interesting to me however i would like to try it out before actually buying ARMA II (which costs 25€).

Is there some kind of demo avaible?

Thanks in advance :)

it requires arma so there is no demo, it's not in the hands of the dayz team

just buy it, you won't regret it anyways

As DayZ is a mod of Arma II, there is no demo for it. The best thing you'll get as a demo is the plethora of videos across Youtube of peoples' experiences, or the various streams of people currently playing.

You can, however, get a taste of Arma II with the free version available just about everywhere (Steam).

Nope no demo, and don't think there will be any as it requires both arma 2 and operation arrowhead so would be hard and its a mod.

You can always tell a friend to buy it then test it :)

I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Go go spend the 25 euros already. :D

Not ONLY do you get to play DayZ, but Arma2 has very fun single player campaigns, mission builders, full modding support, other multiplayer gametypes, and tons and tons of custom content both MP and SP.

If getting 100s of hours worth of gametime isn't worth 25 euros then I don't know whats wrong with you :P

People spend 50 euros for a night of beers in the town no problem but 20 euro's for a game that will last them 100x longer is always an issue :dodgy:

I agree with Solid, spend the 25€, you will love this mod! I bought Arma2 CO, only to play this mod, never looked back since.

There is no demo for Operation Arrowhead, so you will have to buy that, but you can combine Operation Arrowhead with the free version of ARMA2 (which lacks nearly all the single player content and has lower quality textures than the payed version) and run DayZ just fine. It was pretty easy to set it up with sixupdater and steam for me. There is a guide floating around somewhere, I think it was on the wiki iirc. I only ran into problems with BattleEye not being the correct version, but a manual update (2 tiny downloads from the BattleEye website) fixed that.

If you have played Operation Flashpoint (the original, not Dragon Rising) or ARMA1 you should have a pretty good idea if you will like the game. If not, play the ARMA2 demo, it's awesome for some, but there's enough stuff that is very different from your run of the mill fps that a lot of people never get into it.

There is no demo for Operation Arrowhead' date=' so you will have to buy that, but you can combine Operation Arrowhead with the free version of ARMA2 (which lacks nearly all the single player content and has lower quality textures than the payed version) and run DayZ just fine. It was pretty easy to set it up with sixupdater and steam for me. There is a guide floating around somewhere, I think it was on the wiki iirc. I only ran into problems with BattleEye not being the correct version, but a manual update (2 tiny downloads from the BattleEye website) fixed that.

If you have played Operation Flashpoint (the original, not Dragon Rising) or ARMA1 you should have a pretty good idea if you will like the game. If not, play the ARMA2 demo, it's awesome for some, but there's enough stuff that is very different from your run of the mill fps that a lot of people never get into it.

[/quote']

actualy there is ARMA2 OA demo:

http://www.arma2.com/demo/index_en.html