sublayer

US 249 ban for unknown reasons

I was on US 249 LA when I witnessed a player get killed by another survivor. Immediately after that, a server restart warning was issued. About a minute later, at around 8AM GMT, I was killed by another player. I respawned and then left the server to wait for the restart to happen. When I tried to rejoin, I received the message "You were kicked off the game. (BattleEye: Banned (Verified cheating))." Maybe an admin got killed in the PvP I witnessed, and the admin thought I killed them, but I definitely wasn't cheating. Looking to get the ban repealed.

This has nothing to do with the server. Looks like a global BattleEye ban. Can you join other servers, too? If not.... BattleEye won't ban without a reason.. you deserve it!

It does have something to do with the server because I am able to join other servers.

It's a server ban not a global one the admin is proably lazy and just banned alot of people until the hacks went away ive seen it happen alot.

Could be that, could also be admin abuse. Don't know. Recently, I've seen a lot of servers restart after having killed an admin and taken their gear or raided their vehicles. Seems odd that I would just be lumped into a ban though. There wasn't anyone with a similar name on the server. Also, I think I may have been killed by an admin or friend of the admin that wanted my gear.

I had encountered an unarmed player in a building I was in and asked them to leave the building because I didn't want to kill them or be looking over my shoulder for betrayal. That seemed to annoy him and he expressed interest in my gear (had SVD, ghillie, etc.), but he left anyway. Immediately after leaving the building he got shot by another player, but he seemed to think I shot him in the back when he said "he shot me!" in direct. Within five minutes, he then managed to respawn, acquire an M16, run back to Cherno and into the building adjacent to me, but ended up getting killed by a friend of mine. Another player then ran up the stairs in my building and killed me, knowing exactly where I was even though I hadn't fired a shot before. I got a couple SVD rounds into him, but he survived and ran to the apartments my friend was in and kill him too. Then the server restarted and I was banned. First player name I saw in the server was the same guy who thought I shot him in the back.

The guy could have been lucky, spawned nearby and had friends there to equip him, but I've seen admins restart servers so many times just to get gear or prevent other players from getting gear and the ban just made no sense here.

The important thing is I didn't do anything wrong and was banned. Is there any way to get this reversed?

I'm the owner of that server. I have never banned anyone for killing me or stealing vehicles, that's just silly. Wild accusations like that don't help the already strained community this game has. PM and we'll figure out what happened.

• Like 1