fratzi (DayZ)

Zombies are too strong! (1.7.2.3)

I just started playing today and found a hatchet after i died for the first time (i thought drop down ladder would let me slide down the ladder like in other games, you literally drop down...), as soon as I had found it killing zombies was easy, about half the time I killed them without receiving damage. The only thing that overpowers you is if you start bleeding and still have zombies to kill/chasing you.

The melee does seem pretty inaccurate mainly due to the animations, it's difficult to anticipate exactly when the zombie is going to start hitting you to effectively counter them. In a "realistic" zombie apocalypse if you were sneaking an approaching a town you would want to silently melee kill some of the zombies without the others noticing. Maybe some of the better players will correct me but melee seems to be something you only do if you have no other choice as opposed to a good strategy.

In terms of being able to damage zombies with your fists, I don't think a few punches in the face are going to do much to what mainly appears to be infected military soldiers who presumably are pumped full of adrenaline due to the infection.

Most zombie lore states they can only be killed by decapitating/blowing their head off, after the animations are fixed it would be interesting if only head shots actually killed zombies and anything else just reduced their speed (so it's at least possible to do slow them down enough to safely run away).

It depends what your after, I think this game is supposed to be more walking dead than zombieland (although twinkies and banjo's would be awesome!).

• Like 1

They're a bit too fast for me and I think their agro range should be reduced.