1n5anity

Camping Tents Bugged?

Is it just this server or are tents bugged.

Me and my friends just recently decided to set camp so we can start storing loot, after about 1/2hr we have two tents full of loot. Now we leave the server and reconnect the next morning, the tents are empty and we noticed that the tents we put down are back up. Would be good to get some information on this.

You must do this:

Press G, start running and while you are running with your Inventory opened, right click on the tent > pitch tent

That wasn't overly helpful. Yes tents are a little bugged. Did you save the tents after filling them with gear? If not, then the gear won't stay there. Also, at the moment, any tents you put up and take down again, reappear when the server restarts.

• Like 1

Also, at the moment, any tents you put up and take down again, reappear when the server restarts.

Thanks. Was wondering how I would end up with multiple tents stacked on top of each other

So each time I change something inside the tent I must save?

Yeah, its pretty annoying, especially if you've hidden a tent nicely after several tries.... "oh what's this? A tent city that I can see from 500m away? :D :D:D"

Also, after a restart, the tents often "settle" and move location slightly, making them harder to access sometimes.

Yes, save it everytime you add or remove stuff.

Edited by KennyNZ

Yeah, mine like to settle inside of treetrunks so I can never access the tent again.

Sometimes the tents inventory gets wiped after the first restart after u have pitched them!

I've had tents wipe inventory, then after the next restart the inventory is back :) just keep using the Save option @ the tents and you should be good.

Edited by internetTAB

Right, hopefully I come back to my tent one day and all the loot is there ready for me

What's the story if you die and have a tent up? Is it storage for the rest of your lives? Do you have time to restock from them? etc. Any and all information surrounding tents and their behavior once you've died is appreciated.

Afaik, the tents are serverpersistent. Ie, the tent will be there through your lives - if on same server.

I think a tent will stay up for up to a week after your death also pitch it on a stable server I lost 2 to a server thats not been back up for about 2 weeks :( mouse wheel over it and save! and yes others can take stuff out of your tent but not take your tent.....so do a recon when coming up to your stash could be a campers ready to slot you.

Mine will be on the outskirts of the map. Unlikely that anyone (who has a clue where they are going) will come across it.