Sign in to follow this  
YNK Splashed

UK666 Admin Abuse

Me and a friend were playing on UK666 and we came across a camp hoarding 6+ vehicles. We destroyed them and left. The next day we are driving along and get out of our car to raid a heli. As we were in contact with the heli, The server restarted or crashed. Then as we logged back in, someone was taking our car, with multiple people there. Nobody was around before. So upon seeing the person(s) my friend shoots, as he shoots and kills the other player my friend dies. So to my knowledge the admin teleported to our location (Admin Abuse) and killed us.

I would deeply appreciate that this server be looked into or taken down.

• Like 1

I am the owner of UK666, and as i stated on skype the server restart was not of my doing...

Like i also said on skype i would report this myself to John and Lee @ vilayer to look over the server restart at the time in question to prove of no wrong doing (which i did).

Like i also said on skype YES it was my team who you came into contact with at the time of the restart, and we also have witnesses that can confirm we were @ north west airfield (where i was killed).

Upon exiting north west airfield my remaining team mates came accross your car sitting in the middle of the road, then the server restarted and turned to night time, they came under fire with your guys (killing one of ours) and the rest got away with the vehicle.

I understand your frustration as you lost gear but to come on a forum and blatantly lie about so called admin abuse is beyond me...

Everyone who has added me to skype from the server has had nothing but praise for myself and the server and it's fair play policy, one clan actually praising myself for not abusing admin controls. Also in all honesty i wouldn't know where to start with teleporting and changing config files... I have problems updating the beta for christ sake!

AGAIN.. like i said on skype, i can NOT control what other players do on the server and if yu did come accross 6+ vehicles (which i doubt) it was not of my doing.

You could have came to me in a totally different manner but you chose to swear and accuse me of cheating in a rage after loosing your gear.

Also if you paid attention to whats goin on in the server you would have seen that the 'Admin' being myself (Davii83) was killed just before you came in contact with my guys. I then sat in the lobby and was not even in the game. This can also be confirmed by TrollerToasterTycoon and his clan as they killed me (who i will link to this page also.

I shall also link this page to the guys @ vilayer and hopefully they can confirm no wrong doing.

Thanks, Dave

[Edit]... The reason i pay for a server is so that i know there is no cheating (admin wise)... You really think i would waste money that i earn just to cheat at a game?

I pay money to enjoy a game with my friends and also to help the DayZ cause!

Edited by DaveyP
  • Like 6

I personally can't witness for anything as I didn't play with Dave this time, but since I'm in Dave's little group of people, that doesn't sound at all like something he would do, the whole restarting or intentionally crashing the server, then teleporting his entire team while being dead thing. Not sure how much this counts, but there you go.

Right First off i have been on this server for the last 3 days on and off the server went down around 4 am (Londan time) on thursday 19th July when this happened it was 4.10am (londan time) 21st July. so was the same thing, was on skype with Dave and he was Surprised that the server went down like i was.

Splashed im sorry mate but it was just random bad luck for you and your friend

Yours Truthfully

Matt

Edited by Hypo
  • Like 1

Something you should read that should clear things up......

I'm getting pretty tired of this fast spreading trend of hating admins and being entitled/ungrateful little children, so here's a short guide on what you need to know about admin abuse.

1 - Before you make any accusations here, make sure you know what powers admins have, and make sure you've got some kind of evidence to back it up. No evidence? Don't even bother making a thread. Your word alone is not enough evidence to prove anything. Making posts saying 'A tank fell on my head on EU13. Blacklist plz' isn't going to get you anywhere.

2 - Understand what powers admins have. We can:

- Lock the server

- Restart the server

- Password the server

- Restart the mission in-game

- Kick or ban players

We cannot:

- Spawn in weapons and vehicles

- Remotely kill players

- Crash your game

- Roll back our servers to previous 'saves'

- Spawn nukes on top of players

- Teleport

If anything of the last list happens to you, don't rush to make a thread claiming admin abuse. It's probably a hacker. It pisses me off no end when people make threads here blaming admins for things that are clearly done by hackers.

Clarifiction, the above is what an admin is able to do and not do as admin. An admin is able to lock a server for example and while it's generally not allowed, there may be valid reasons to do so - maintenance or temporary protection against heavy connection spam for example. -- DayZ Pallidum

3 - Do not presume to tell admins how they should run their servers. Running a server isn't all moonlight and roses. If you don't like a rule a certain admin imposes on his server, such as imposing a ping limit of 220, then take it up with the devs and get back to the admin with their response. Do NOT make a thread about it and then claim it's not in the rules so you can't do it.

4 - Stop quoting the rules for every goddamned thing. The rules also don't state that we're allowed to ban hackers, nor does it state that we're ever allowed to take the servers down for maintenance, nor any other thing admins do on a regular basis. We're tired of using logical arguments to back up our actions, just to be hit in the face with 'herp its not in da rulez so blacklist plz.'

5 - Understand why people are hosting servers for this mod, for you, for free. We're not doing it for our own well-being. We're doing it as a free service to the DayZ community. Stop giving admins flak about every single tiny little thing. Many of us have pretty hectic or stressful jobs/university/college outside of running the server. We don't want to add server-woes to our ever-increasing list of stressors.

6 - Stop breaking rules on servers and then when confronted about it tell us you're going to get our servers blacklisted. That's akin to the customer at the store being in the wrong and not getting his way, then telling the employees 'I'm going to tell all my friends about this.'

There are many abusive admins out there, that much is true. However, the majority of us are not. We're hosting servers for your enjoyment. The majority of threads on admin abuse in these forums come from misinformed/ignorant players who have no idea what running a server entails and assumes the simplest thing that goes wrong is a clear case of admin abuse.

If you suspect admin abuse, gather evidence, take it up with the admin in question, find out what his side of the story is and after that, if you're still sure it's a case of admin abuse, post about it here. Don't rush to the forums like Little Bobby Tattletale on his way to tell mommy that Benny stole a cookie. Make sure you understand what happened before you start flinging accusations.

• Like 4

well im in dave's group and i have been playing with them for about 4-5 days maybe more and in that time he has never done anything like that i admins on servers cant teleport people or them self's then max vehicles we have had is 4 so stop crying on the forums because your car was stolen

SUCH IS LIFE IN DAYZ

I give my apologies as of now. I was just under stress from losing 7 days of gameplay. All is well and over and i apologize for my friend on skype. Goodluck in Day Z.

No problem, Like I said in the previous post .. I pay money to bring you guys a server that is fair and to help the growth of DayZ.

Please in future think about what admins actually do for the community.

There are a small amount of admins who do abuse their powers, but 95% of the time it is the admin being abused and for what? Spending money to help others?

This is just a reflection on how shit society is these days, with everyone expecting everything for free and acting like the world owes them a favour.

Anyway enough of me ranting, please in future think about what you are accusing the admin of before you post.

You are more than welcome to return to the server and I hope lessons have been learned from this.

Thanks,

Dave

- Lock the server

- Restart the server

- Password the server

- Kick or ban players

You are not allowed to put a password on the server.

Edited by PkStormx
  • Like 1

Hello there

He may not be allowed to, but that is a power he has.

Rgds

LoK

- Lock the server

Only with good reason.

- Restart the server

Only with good reason.

- Password the server

No.

Only with good reason.

- Kick or ban players

Only with good reason.

Restarting/locking the server due to anything besides patch/server issues will get you banned. Passwording or banning/kicking for any reason other than explicit cheating will do the same. Don't act so cocky, you payed some money for a server, this doesn't make you god.

Edited by Ganksterr
  • Like 1

Ok, well I have a question...

Why did the server go down to switch to night time? I could understand the server having a "Scheduled" restart, but why to night time?

Also i was on UK666 about 3 hours ago (11PM EST) and it was perfectly day. But the other night when your group had killed me (just after the "reboot") around that time it was night... What is wrong with this picture?

Edited by HaphazardLeek
  • Like 1

He is clearly stating the powers of an admin console, not saying he is doing these actions. Also, he paid money so other people can play this awesome mod. He deserves respect for that.

Haphazardleek I have explained myself twice now. Once on Skype and now on this forum... It was daytime because I changed the time you complete retard.

Like I told you go add the guys at vilayer and ask about the restart time in question and they will confirm it was not manually restarted. (I have given you all available routes to check this out) but you choose to sit here on this forum flaming my server with absolute nonsense!!

Tell you what put your hand in your pocket and go and run your own server, that should solve all your problems...

Then I shall sit and patiently wait for you to experience the exact same issue :)

Really all this drivel because you lost a car and a light machine gun.Like darkfire said, I only copied a post clearly stating what admins are capable of (at least someone has half a brain)

Edited by DaveyP

@Gankster... If you bother to read then you would have realised I was clearly copying a post on what powers admins have and do not have.

There is nothing cocky about mentioning the fact I pay for a server. Also I have not once claimed to be god.... Again people should keep their noses out if they don't understand what is going on or if they fail to comprehend basic english.

Revert back to my comment about society today :)

• Like 1

Haphazardleek I have explained myself twice now. Once on Skype and now on this forum... It was daytime because I changed the time you complete retard.

Like I told you go add the guys at vilayer and ask about the restart time in question and they will confirm it was not manually restarted. (I have given you all available routes to check this out) but you choose to sit here on this forum flaming my server with absolute nonsense!!

Tell you what put your hand in your pocket and go and run your own server, that should solve all your problems...

Then I shall sit and patiently wait for you to experience the exact same issue :)

Really all this drivel because you lost a car and a light machine gun.Like darkfire said, I only copied a post clearly stating what admins are capable of (at least someone has half a brain)

So exactly what i said you fucking asshat. You fucking restarted the server and changed it to night time, when it shouldnt fucking do that. The server should restart to the EXACT time it rebooted at. You fucking cheated me. I dont give a flying fuck about that car, i give a fuck that i was cheated out of all of my gear and my loot goblin status by some cunt that thinks hes a god cause he pays money for a server.

The way I see it is that you restarted the server to make it night time thinking that me and my friend would not come back and you would get a free car, or thinking that we did not have night vision you cheating fuck. So by saying its a manual restart to change it to night you instantly made yourself guilty. Thank you for wasting my time, along with my friend Splashed.

Edited by HaphazardLeek

So exactly what i said you fucking asshat. You fucking restarted the server and changed it to night time, when it shouldnt fucking do that. The server should restart to the EXACT time it rebooted at. You fucking cheated me. I dont give a flying fuck about that car, i give a fuck that i was cheated out of all of my gear and my loot goblin status by some cunt that thinks hes a god cause he pays money for a server.

The way I see it is that you restarted the server to make it night time thinking that me and my friend would not come back and you would get a free car, or thinking that we did not have night vision you cheating fuck. So by saying its a manual restart to change it to night you instantly made yourself guilty. Thank you for wasting my time, along with my friend Splashed.

u seem mad bro

• Like 1

You fucking restarted the server and changed it to night time, when it shouldnt fucking do that. The server should restart to the EXACT time it rebooted at. You fucking cheated me.

He just said it wasn't manually restarted. I'm wondering if you're having problems reading because english isn't your first language. Maybe you should nut up and start searching for gear again instead of whining on here like a little baby.

• Like 2

He just said it wasn't manually restarted. I'm wondering if you're having problems reading because english isn't your first language. Maybe you should nut up and start searching for gear again instead of whining on here like a little baby.

This happened 2 nights ago, ive already found a DMR and M14....

In my own opinion from hearing about situation There is no hard evidence that proves Dave innocent it seem like his teammate also like to disprove it by coming onto this forum and insulting hap by saying "u mad bro" this is just unnecessary and proves that Dave has something to hide since his group have to come on here and defend him instead of Dave standing up for himself and giving hard evidence that the server restart was in fact not schedule and not planned by him. Instead Dave just puts up dumb facts like rules of hosting a server which half these rules don't apply since rocket himself doesn't allow for passworded servers on dayz. :)

• Like 2

I've played on UK666 without incident, I just think it's interesting to people always bashing admins without full video proof. Run fraps and post to shame really bad admins, or else nothing you say carries weight.

I've played on UK666 without incident, I just think it's interesting to people always bashing admins without full video proof. Run fraps and post to shame really bad admins, or else nothing you say carries weight.

Not everyone is expecting an incident to happen thats the entire reason why we post on forums and not on youtube. Most people don't run around running fraps all so they can disprove any kind of incident because i would rather not have a incident to begin with. If you guys suggest it then why doesn't the hero clan have a video of what happened. You cant expect us to do something that you wouldn't think of doing yourself. Thats like saying oh ya im gonna carry around this umbrella all day in case it rains and some other guy is like o ya well i don't need that cause i know its not gonna rain.just by speculating "oh ya theres no video then theres no proof", The word of mouth or forum is proof enough thats something did happen.
  • Like 2

Isn't really a need for video proof when the server admin himself admits the server WAS restarted (though, the claim was that it wasn't done manually) and that it was indeed night time after the server restart (which I can't think of a logical reason for). Then, said admin, does what the majority of abusing admins do (not saying he is one, but something I see out of 99% of them): he begins telling us that he pays for the server and we should be happy we're getting it for free. I mean, I'm not a server admin so I don't know if there's a legit reason for the server to just go to night time after a restart but I can't think of a reason that would make sense.

Whether or not there was any admin abuse, it sounds fishy as hell.

• Like 3