Zealot (DayZ)

pve server kicking all non clan members

alright, so i got this vid. i plan on sending it in for abuse.... thats no problem just wanted people to see this thread before i did.

this server in the below vid locks out non clan members and farms for loot, they then go to other servers to pvp with top end loot.

i got on when the server was unlocked, killed a member then was immediatley kicked. the server admin kicked me upon reconnect and locked the server. i had been on their TS and promise this is how they operate.

here is video evidence

there would be no issue if it was a private hive. however it gives them a massive advantage over legit players.

i had a friend pass this message on to them:

to whom it may concern. by locking and kicking players you are creating an environment for free farm with non of the reward. this is a violation of the server hosts user agreement and is terms for PERMANENT blacklisting. i have video evidence and i will turn it in unless a single condition is met.

leave the server open for pvp for all players to join.

have a lovely day

he was banned after this message: <08:39:30> "[XtG]Avanas": if he's that pissed he can't play on our server he can go report us.. kind of a dick thing to do but whatever.

so this is the pre report heads up.

as always. have a nice day

edit 2: video of them banning me

Edited by Zealot
  • Like 10

First, show where it says that if they lock the server that it's against the rules. Please give a link.

Second, I think they PAY for that server and thus can do damn well what they want with it. When you put some cash forward you can have a say in how it's run.

Second, I think they PAY for that server and thus can do damn well what they want with it. When you put some cash forward you can have a say in how it's run.

It is highly unfair they're able to have their own private looting session while every other server who does this gets black listed. They're also progressing their gear even more on the Hive making it even worse

Again, point me to a rule that specifically states that they can not lock a server that they are paying for. Fair means absolutely nothing. You DO NOT pay the bills to run that server and keep it up therefore who are you to justify that it's not fair for them to have it locks / kick you? They kicked you, then you came back and harrassed the server admins so they kicked him too.

Furthermore, I am completely baffled why people freak out when they can't play on ONE server so they have to cause a scene over it. There are MULTIPLE servers, some with the exact same settings as that server... so why come here and cause an issue over it?

Edited by Tandwan

Again, point me to a rule that specifically states that they can not lock a server that they are paying for. Fair means absolutely nothing. You DO NOT pay the bills to run that server and keep it up therefore who are you to justify that it's not fair for them to have it locks / kick you? They kicked you, then you came back and harrassed the server admins so they kicked him too.

Furthermore, I am completely baffled why people freak out when they can't play on ONE server so they have to cause a scene over it. There are MULTIPLE servers, some with the exact same settings as that server... so why come here and cause an issue over it?

your an admin for that server tan... you should be ashamed.

edit

them talking about banning a player because they got killed... called them "hackers" Edited by Zealot
  • Like 1

I am? I don't see where i'm an admin for that server. Since we're throwing out random accusations can I say you're a member of the nazi party and support the extermination of the jewish people? I can play this game too.

Just because I make a valid point doesn't mean you can throw out accusations that are baseless. Seriously. Think about what you're typing before you show the world you didn't score very high in your school years.

Edited by Tandwan

Its part of the TOS, so when you lock a server they can shut you down.

You pay to host a server so you can say you host one, you are still not allowed to lock, or kick people off.

Hope to see this server get shut down.\

I am? I don't see where i'm an admin for that server. Since we're throwing out random accusations can I say you're a member of the nazi party and support the extermination of the jewish people? I can play this game too.

Just because I make a valid point doesn't mean you can throw out accusations that are baseless. Seriously. Think about what you're typing before you show the world you didn't score very high in your school years.

I would like to burden you with the process to supply evidence that says im part of the nazi party and supports the extermination of the jewish.

You should really go back to school if you cant read and understand the TOS that is provided to you when you host a server. (Dont talk shit about things you dont know about)

Edited by PkStormx

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3061-kicking-of-players-for-clan-members/page__st__20#entry31257

and this is the post from rocket

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

I have not kicked players for:

- Employees/Management of big studios

- BIS Employees and Executives

- Game Journalists

- Myself, and developers

The issue is simple:

We have had a number of server hosters kicking people because they didn't like the way they played, or because they killed people the server hoster knew, or because the server hosters wanted the server to themselves.

"How does this make not allowing people to kick players a bad thing. If a server admin has to kick someone to let his clanmate in, then the server is already at capacity, and will stay that way."

For starters, every new connection places great strain on the system (all you respawn spam bitches, fu!). Secondly, this allows server admins to "game the system". They can kick people and say it was "to let someone in".

To be honest, our greatest problems and our greatest source of hacking issues... is not from the players it is from server administrators. We have corrupted data, causing the mass "cannot connect" and us having to reset everyones position data because of the actions of rogue server hosters.

Look, I'm sorry it has to be this way - but I am a realist. We have to take a hard line with server owners because it is potentially compromising the whole project. I didn't make this to support peoples private gaming experiences on private servers. Maybe a project in future will support that - but NOT this experiment. I am continuing this experiment and I will not deviate from this no matter how much money anyone offers, no matter what any gaming magazine writes.

And, to be honest, I don't give a damn how many abusive emails I get from the one or two clans that have an amazing sense of entitlement. Instead I focus on the 95% of hosters who demonstrate amazing generosity. Who can't even get on their own servers, because of demand. So instead they rent more servers. People like Host Altitude who WORK with us instead of AGAINST us. We're not perfect but we are trying damn hard to make this all work. We have to make the tough calls, and we have very little time to make them. A single server gone rogue could fuck everything up.

I gift my time and the thousands of dollars of my money for these people, not the whiny people who complain about everything and act like I owe them something. I am genuinely sorry that it has to be this way, a group of very smart people have sat around and discussed this at great length, including with all our initial hosters. We all agreed it has to be this way. Do not pass judgement on our decisions until you know the full story, the facts, the architecture that needs to be supported, the risks. Most of these things I can't list here or they will fall into the wrong hands.

I do this for the people who approach this in the way it is offered, for everyone, as an experiment. I did NOT make this for my own clan, in fact in making this I DESTROYED my clan. I forbid them to wear their clan tags. I made this for EVERYONE and if you want to participate and donate, you follow my example and donate to EVERYONE.

If you cannot except this, please leave. Because I will not waiver on this.

get owned

I'm not trying to defend those guys but in the video your ping is at 9999 and admins are allowed to kick for that reason.

Edited by SIMJEDI

I'm not trying to defend those guys but in the video your ping is at 9999 and admins are allowed to kick for that reason.

thats 6 launcher... its retarded sometimes... my ping in the lobby was 0 ms.... tell me theres an issue with that plz. i hold 40-60 ping on it normally

Since we're throwing out random accusations can I say you're a member of the nazi party and support the extermination of the jewish people? I can play this game too.

Hit godwin's law pretty quickly here

Lol are you serious? Did you read the server rules? In dayZ you dont get that much for your server money. your clan server should be taken down and you should pay a fee next time you rent a server.

Again, point me to a rule that specifically states that they can not lock a server that they are paying for.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Do you copy? Over.

What the hell are you talking about? Did you even read the hosting rules?

http://dayzmod.com/f...r-read-in-here/

It's written in CAPS, and keeping the server public is the main point of running one.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

First, show where it says that if they lock the server that it's against the rules. Please give a link.

Have you not read the rules or are you just a noobie to this game?

Edited by BNZ Solid Snake

LOL This is so funny, XtG should be blacklisted from ALL servers, This is not the first time they have abused powers with their servers, BLS broke off from XtG and has flourished ever since. The main guys is Robocop also known as robbie.

www.xtremegamers.ca - Always recruiting retards.

Big fat jewish guy, Can't miss him. Anyway, i can testify, (along with the rest of the guys who left XtG with us because of their dishonesty) that these guys are hell bent on breaking rules to suit themselves. It just shows how butthurt they get when they are killed.

Grow some balls XtG, And Rocket... Blacklist these fools before they ruin the reputation of DayZ

Thanks for the support here guys. I noticed how quick their admin quit posting. You should see all the rage they left on that youtube vid too. Crazy

• Like 1

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1251-want-to-host-a-dayz-server-read-in-here/

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

There you go.

Thanks for the support here guys. I noticed how quick their admin quit posting. You should see all the rage they left on that youtube vid too. Crazy

Anytime buddy, Your welcome on BLS server :)

• Like 1

When hosting a Day Z server you agree with the terms they set. And so you cant lock servers, really easy to understand its not TS his problem that the admins of the server dindt bother to read the rules before renting a server.

/edit/

When I read the Youtube comments I cant stop thinking these kids are 12 year old orsomething.

Edited by Chauz

Yeah ill filter you guys sometime this week. On a further note the admins were asking for donations and those who donated were to be made admins... Some dirty gamers they are

Zealot, I didn't get run off. I just stopped caring because obviously you have me pegged as an admin of this server simply because I brought up a valid point. I love how that works, make a valid point and therefore you're the admin of this server! Brilliant deduction there Sherlock. Anyways, I still stand by my words.

If you didn't pay for the server then you can't tell people how to run it. You're using a free service granted to you by a paying customer. They have every right to do what they want with a server.

You didn't get banned, you got kicked. You can still access the server. Nowhere, absolutely nowhere in this entire thread does Rocket state that you can not lock servers. Nowhere. At all. Read the thread before you post crap that has no addition to this thread. Your friend ALSO threatened the admin of the server, which if you read - Malicious talk.

Quote Rocket :

In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

PS: Your video shows you getting kicked off a server three times and then them locking the server because you kept trying to join. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that shows what happened prior to this. You claim you killed someone and they kicked you. There's no proof of this, for all we know you got kicked because you were being malicious on the server or hacking.

Edited by Tandwan

Zealot, I didn't get run off. I just stopped caring because obviously you have me pegged as an admin of this server simply because I brought up a valid point. I love how that works, make a valid point and therefore you're the admin of this server! Brilliant deduction there Sherlock. Anyways, I still stand by my words.

If you didn't pay for the server then you can't tell people how to run it. You're using a free service granted to you by a paying customer. They have every right to do what they want with a server.

You didn't get banned, you got kicked. You can still access the server. Nowhere, absolutely nowhere in this entire thread does Rocket state that you can not lock servers. Nowhere. At all. Read the thread before you post crap that has no addition to this thread. Your friend ALSO threatened the admin of the server, which if you read - Malicious talk.

Quote Rocket :

In short, their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

PS: Your video shows you getting kicked off a server three times and then them locking the server because you kept trying to join. There's nothing, absolutely nothing that shows what happened prior to this. You claim you killed someone and they kicked you. There's no proof of this, for all we know you got kicked because you were being malicious on the server or hacking.

Are u just retarded or don't u understand what u read or what's the problem with u`?? It is stated in hosting rules that u are not allowed to lock server / have private looting party and even though u pay from the server u still ain't allowed to do what ever u please with it ...