Sign in to follow this  
Deacyde

Dayz needs a 2nd gamemode ( Request )

1st off, I love the original, completely. Only future things in it's future should be minor.

With that said, I do feel this game would be equally as fun, as a ( Capture the Flag Gamemode/Team Deathmatch )

2 or more teams form,

spawn with team,

5 - 10 mins to build a shanty fort,

zombies released,

teams scramble to:

A, defend fort flag,

B, Steal others to return for score point,

C, Gather resource loot,

D, kill other teammates,Zombies

E, Laugh and Enjoy.

Each Flag scored could create a zombie wave, causing further havoc on the playing field, Could be mini maps inside orignal bigger main map battles are faught.

Just feel this would free up orignal servers from a overload of " dirty deeds " and allow for them to be properly implemented into this secondary mode.

It's the aspect of the zombies in the middle with random spawns close to buildings and players, the aspect of looting random spots / static, and CTF mixed into one that makes this ( some say " Worn out " ) Gametype ( not DayZ, 1st person shooter types ) more appealing, and constaly playable as no matter how good a shot you are, you aren't gonna have to just worry about your aim anymore.

Ideas? Suggestions? Hatemail?

Edited by Deacyde

how bout a game mode where you get killed by hackers tents eat your items and doors and ladders kill you! oh wait nvm that is this mode. how bout a mode that doesnt suck

Yeah awesome suggestion, DayZ also needs NPCs who give quests to players, a class system, new races, and the PvP should be removed from the game.

You're asking to turn a survival game that takes place on a 300km² map into a capture the flag. I hope you're trolling.

Edited by Kiro

yeah it also need's more people posting unhelpful replies trying relate what someone says to some shighty WoW game, guess what, not happening sunshine.

Im asking to turn a already fun game, into another already proven to be fun gamemode, an if you bothered to read past the 1st 4 words, you'd see I mentioned allowing the ability to have such CTF game in a city or spot - not the whole map, that's a bit much.

I understand you may be 12, but I am here to talk about big boys playing big boy games, and enjoying them with creative suggestive input, not constantly trolling wow refferences to player comments. Oh yeh I saw you.

RAWR.

Edited by Deacyde

http://dayzmod.com/f...pvp-idea-maybe/ Arma 2, you own the game, go play it

Thanks, that's a pretty good idea the OP has.

As I stated on the other post you linked, I've played Arma 2, It's fun, and a lil like bf3, but where's the zombies in the middle causing havoc for everyone, regardless of side? Plus Arma 2 is kinda dead, yes there are games being played, but it's not a great amount. Not as intense as DayZ, with the zombie aspect.

People state it's game breaking, I don't see how, I've been playing games since NES Zelda was sold as a gold cartridge, and can tell you, no one's done it yet, and it's really something that needs to be tried.

Edited by Deacyde

running around with a flag really? also singing...

Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy,

But here's my bloodbag, So heal me, maybe?

And all the other boys, Try to chase me,

I'LL pass.

running around with a flag really? also singing...

Hey, I just met you, And this is crazy,

And all the other boys, Try to chase me,

I'LL pass.

Umm, ok, thanks for the song I guess, if you pass why even post. Posting non-helpful replies isn't very productive, it's wasting your time and mine, and others who choose to read this thread. I mean unless I requested non helpful replies, then by all means it would be pretty relevant.

I understand people will not like this idea, people do not generally like every idea posed to them, but since I haven't asked for non-helpful replies, I am a bit dumbfounded as to that being what I recieve. I mean, wow. I also understand we have a ton of game programmers and super coders who have released tons of hit mutipler games and pc games in the passed, and that I should really take to heart just their one post, and only their post.

:)

Edited by Deacyde

I feel like this would be a mod for the anticipated standalone game. I fucking love CTF and this is a rather new spin on it. I'm a fan.

However I think the reason you and many of the other flame victims are getting ripped apart is that this is a forum for discussing the development of the Day Z mod. When people make suggestions like "We should be able to paint houses" or one I actually just saw "We should be able to do parkour", they are talking about things that are so far off in the future and obscure that while they would be interesting and not a detriment to the game at all, at the end of the day, really serve no purpose. People are always trying to make the perfect game which is a noble quest I admit, but for the time being we need to focus on making Day Z as good as it can be, in 2012, as a mod, on the Arma 2/3 engines.

I personally would love a CTF zombie mode. But we should stick to talking about finishing Day Z first.

Edited by drseptapus

cod is just left out the door for ctf.

so did your sentence structure...

I feel like this would be a mod for the anticipated standalone game. I fucking love CTF and this is a rather new spin on it. I'm a fan.

Completely agreed, I wouldn't have it any other way, fix the game / mod 1st then focus on things extra / added, if thats the gameplan. I wasn't suggesting this be prime focus, it's an idea, concept that I just thought was interesting. An will eagerly await the dayZ it comes to fruitation.

It was a more future thought rather than a oh Add this!

Btw, thanks for constructively and generally providing readable content in a understandable format, that was helpful and consistent.

I see where our going with this but this is exactly like a game on GMod funny hey

The GMod game works about the same as this except no zombie hordes popping when someone captures the flag

I can't remember the name of the game but its quite similiar however it didnt last long since no one played it

I see where our going with this but this is exactly like a game on GMod funny hey

The GMod game works about the same as this except no zombie hordes popping when someone captures the flag

I can't remember the name of the game but its quite similiar however it didnt last long since no one played it

I'm saying DayZ is DayZ and thats that

Maybe the items from the game type now, carry over to this 'capture the flag' idea of yours.

Then maybe a ranking system?

But there would be penalties for losing, like it may take away some of your ranks and items you may have, so your at a disadvantage if you lose a lot. This would then encourage team work as people (obviously) wouldn't want to lose their items.