thehighexalted

New to DAYZ, regretting buy arma to play "the best zombie game"

Yeah, so I read all of the reviews, and went and bought arma and arma OA to play this mod, and now I can't even pick things up? Worst/ most frustrating gameplay experience I've ever had. I would love for someone to show me how to do this, so if someone is will to play with me and walk me through some things, great, if not, I don't think I will ever play again. Before you point them out, I've watched a bunch of videos, and been through the controls list in game... however "use" and "pickup item" are absent. I bled to death from a minor injury over 5 minutes because I COULDN'T USE MY DAMNED BANDAGE. Only time I have ever had difficulty like this in a game.

TL;DR Need a helper in game, or chalking this up to biggest yet waste of gaming money. Could have had Walking Dead for less.

everything in Arma2 is based on the mouse wheel. the menu is contextual and will change as you try to interact with different objects. for bandaging yourself, try right clicking on the bandage in your inventory.

• Like 2

Bandage: Right click in inventory. Use.

Using things in general. Mousewheel through options. Click.

and as a subnote; a better attitude will bring you a much better experience in this game. If you're this frazzled over basic controls- you're in for a treat.

Edited by LockeDown
  • Like 9

Yeah, so I read all of the reviews, and went and bought arma and arma OA to play this mod, and now I can't even pick things up? Worst/ most frustrating gameplay experience I've ever had. I would love for someone to show me how to do this, so if someone is will to play with me and walk me through some things, great, if not, I don't think I will ever play again. Before you point them out, I've watched a bunch of videos, and been through the controls list in game... however "use" and "pickup item" are absent. I bled to death from a minor injury over 5 minutes because I COULDN'T USE MY DAMNED BANDAGE. Only time I have ever had difficulty like this in a game.

TL;DR Need a helper in game, or chalking this up to biggest yet waste of gaming money. Could have had Walking Dead for less.

Maybe you should calm down.

And learn the game, its not easy when you first start but you can pick the game up pretty fast.

• Like 9

this up to biggest yet waste of gaming money. Could have had Walking Dead for less.

K

• Like 5

There is a bit of a learning curve, that will throw you off. Both the mod and the players are going through a lot of growing pains right now. Stick around and enjoy it, or come back too it later when it's more polished. ArmA 2 itself is worth every penny you spent.

We will be here either way...

• Like 2

If you want to interact with the environment (pick up stuff, climb ladders, use items on other players, etc) or switch between primary and secondary weapon, use the mouse wheel.

If you want to use items in your inventory, just press G to open it, then right click on whatever item it is you want to use (food, drink, bandages, morphine, etc).

The controls are not that bad once you get used to them.

• Like 1

Not to be an asshole but is reading dead or do people not see the stickied topics?

http://dayzmod.com/f...elpful-threads/

G is inventory. Right click bandage. Play the tutorial to get familiar. This game is not e z squeezy lemon peezy and is frustrating to play at times.

It's frustrating to install, run, maintain, play, even some times the fun is quickly extinguished.

But it is an awesome game,we just have to work through it. This thing isn't a fad. Lots of people will help, just don't find them in-game.

hey mate,

are you saying bandage option does not appear in gear menu?

if so, my bro had a similar issue, re-install and six updater fixed it for him

Like the others mentioned, ARMA 2 is a... different game. Both in gameplay style and controls. Just head on down to the GuideZ channel.

"g" is gear AND pickup gear? Are the green icons on screen items? They sure seem to be... and I even managed to pickup beans which makes sense since I was opening my inventory to get to my bandage... What am I supposed to see when I scroll my mousewheel? Nothing happens onscreen...

$15.99 to play a beta/alpha that is making waves around the world. Um ya you certainly got screwed... If you make a list of things you are ahving issues with and PM me I would be glad to go over them with you. Just stay calm and try to get it all in the PM. If we can sync up our play times i may even be able to help ya out.

PM me for boot camp.

He might invite you to his mumble and try to ban you if you have many questions... =)

In this game the system is full of bugs, they might fix it, make it better or not.I know several bugs that is destroying the mod, dupe bug, lose items when you drop, respawn with everything,and much more...

Edited by Pumbas

Rly annoing when ppl says that they bought Arma 2 only cuz of DayZ. Arma 2 is so amazing by itself.

The inventory is manageable once you figure it out, but anyone who says it isn't clunky and unintuitive is lying to himself.

• Like 1

also, doubletype numpad[-] , trust me

Unfortunately, this doesn't work with scopes... :P

I played Arma 2 Free for a while and got used to the controls. Arma isn't known for its genius UI/control system, but at the same time it's unique and needed as is in some ways.

Edited by marik

This game definitely isn't user friendly and can have awkward controls. That being said, and I hope not to sound uncaring here, but where is your sense of persistence? Why give up so easily? A lot of people here on the forums didnt have someone holding their hand either. Five minutes of research could have solved that problem for you without having to ask for help from the whole internetz. I'm not saying "Don't ask for help". However, that attitude of "poor little ol me" and "waste of money" is gonna get you nowhere pretty quick.

Bandage: Right click in inventory. Use.

Using things in general. Mousewheel through options. Click.

and as a subnote; a better attitude will bring you a much better experience in this game. If you're this frazzled over basic controls- you're in for a treat.

Maybe you should calm down.

And learn the game, its not easy when you first start but you can pick the game up pretty fast.

These are both brilliant response's. We are here to help, hell - I will personally take you through the game and troubleshoot with you, plus show you the tricks of the trade. Just chill out otherwise you wont last this alpha.

Contact me via PM and we can get in touch, you can come to my TS server and ill show you round.

Thanks

• Like 3

Now I can't respawn? just brings me to you are dead screen and stays there?

Do I really have to quit every time?

Now I can't respawn? just brings me to you are dead screen and stays there?

Do I really have to quit every time?