Sign in to follow this  
Tegla (DayZ)

Me being an idiot xD

Okay, first i would like to say hi to everyone, been reading posts for a long while but just registered.

Second, i dont't quite get the instalation. I read both the forum and dayz wiki posts and the thing that botheres me is the install tool (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2001)

So, i have Arma 2: Free and a legit copy of Arma 2: OA on steam. How exactly do i install the mod?

Do i just run the install tool and that's it, or do i follow the steps like download the files, make @Dayz, Addons folders, -mod=@dayz -nosplash etc...

Jut a quick response would be appreciated :)

I haven't tried the install tool so I'm not particularly sure down that avenue, but what I've done (Your mileage may vary, I own ArmA2 and OA on Steam) is copy the entire AddOns folder from the ArmA2 folder and paste it into a folder I made in the OA folder called @arma2.

Then download all the latest DayZ archives and put the contents of those into a folder called @DayZ, so the folder hierarchy should be OA\@DayZ\Addons\[.pbos here] and OA\@arma2\Addons\[everything here].

Then in Steam launch options for Operation Arrowhead, -mod=@dayz;@arma2; and whatever else to your liking.

Okay so i get the "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" when trying to join any server.

I launched OA from steam as Combined Operations like said, but it still wont run :(

I got the Arma 2 Free version btw, and a legit version of OA

Help pls? :/

Tegla' date=' add this command line in steam exactly as it is.

-mod=@dayz -nosplash

[/quote']

In launch options? Yes, i did that still nothing :/

Do you have the free version of arma 2 working?

I'm not using the free version of ARMA 2. I've been playing ARMA for years. :)

Your also launching it as Combined Operations, correct? As i sometimes launch it as just Operation Arrowhead and it won't work.

Also, try installing the mod with the update from www.worrom.com its what i used.

Okay so i get the "You can not play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.cherarus" when trying to join any server.

I launched OA from steam as Combined Operations like said' date=' but it still wont run :(

I got the Arma 2 Free version btw, and a legit version of OA

Help pls? :/

[/quote']

Do what I said, but don't run it as CO, run it as OA with the -mod=@arma2;@dayz; line.