Sign in to follow this  
Ander (DayZ)

Please update your servers! (To 95xxx or later)

Dear serverhosters! :)

As you might have noticed, the people over at BIS are working hard to fix bugs and issues.

The pace of the patches and development has increased which is very uncommon for a +4 year old game!.

The updates have improved stability and decreased the memory trampling which will soon make it possible to add helicopters again (as soon as Rocket removes radar).

But to make this happen - please update your servers so they are at least 95208 .

There has been a bunch of security and dupe fixes.

Also make sure your hiveExt is up to date (0.6.2.1 as of 21th July) .

Servers that dont run 95xxx or later will be disabled from HIVE in the coming days (to prevent some nasty dupes).

Thanks for your understanding!

• Like 1

I already updated my private HIVE system anders, you know......the one you guys accused me of stealing? I'd still like to know how changing the IP in a .dll is stealing. Also, my 100 users stable and loading in within 30 seconds of clicking on my server say HI.

Edited by rinaun
  • Like 5

Loving the servers that have updated already, the loading in speed is amazingly good on the ones with fewer players.

Anders, just a minor note, you put the hive version was for July 21st. The one on the download page is only showing July 13th which is what I'm currently running (same version - 0.6.2.1).

why would You wanna Get rid of Private servers? they are the best kind of servers, No hackers, No lag, No ghosters, Gotta work hard for your shit and Not really worry about bandits, It loads Instantly and never crashes, You rocket have fucked up dayz alot let the people talk to you and listen to them!

I already updated my private HIVE system anders, you know......the one you guys accused me of stealing? I'd still like to know how changing the IP in a .dll is stealing. Also, my 100 users stable and loading in within 30 seconds of clicking on my server say HI.

Why are you even on the forum then? Do you enjoy being an ass?

• Like 1

Dear serverhosters! :)

As you might have noticed, the people over at BIS are working hard to fix bugs and issues.

The pace of the patches and development has increased which is very uncommon for a +4 year old game!.

The updates have improved stability and decreased the memory trampling which will soon make it possible to add helicopters again (as soon as Rocket removes radar).

But to make this happen - please update your servers so they are at least 95208 .

There has been a bunch of security and dupe fixes.

Also make sure your hiveExt is up to date (0.6.2.1 as of 21th July) .

Servers that dont run 95xxx or later will be disabled from HIVE in the coming days (to prevent some nasty dupes).

Thanks for your understanding!

you should contact the hosting companies in addition to making posts like this.

HFBServers has not provided updates for the past week. Have been stuck with 95054 with no option to upgrade.

clients upgrading to the NEWEST patch will have a very limited number of servers they can use.

**EDIT**

disable from the hive if we can't update our servers by tomorrow?!?! seriously? i understand that you want server admins to update their servers.... but ALOT of us cant. you might want to rethink your actions and talk to all the hosting companies.

Edited by JiggaMan
  • Like 1

Why are you even on the forum then? Do you enjoy being an ass?

I enjoy people being able to play without difficulties and not being hacked. Don't know about you but on my server I haven't had a nuke dropped once or a chopper/ammo crate spawned. I also patch all my servers quickly and my player base appreciates it immensely :)

Edited by rinaun
  • Like 3

I enjoy people being able to play without difficulties and not being hacked. Don't know about you but on my server I haven't had a nuke dropped once or a chopper/ammo crate spawned. I also patch all my servers quickly and my player base appreciates it immensely :)

That's a great story, can you e-mail me the rest?

Sorry to bring up such a turbulent issue but a lot of people including myself are having quarrels over the fate of private home hosting of DayZ server. (**non-Hive, Hive**)

I understand that you have plans to completely shut down any private hosting ability and change to externally hosted servers. For many people this is extremely aggravating for many reasons. At this moment in time 90% of the private home run *non-hive* servers run better than the average hive server as they are riddled with lag, desync etc. Further the non-have server have **Zero** impact on regular hive servers, in fact they are most likely to improve the DayZ community as there is a far more diverse range of servers. Also we, the community pay for this, we are the ones who make DayZ tick. We pay upwards of $99 to run the servers and yet our servers are being threatened. If people dont want to play on th non-hive servers or vise versa then they dont have to. the non-hive are harmless.

You consider your self as doing things for the community and this is not what we want. sure this is just one post but this opinion was shared by a lot of people, much more than i can remember. So i am curious why you have made this decision as it is not going to better the community as it is now. This is not to be considered a post to start arguments but i truely care about the future od DayZ and i can say this is not what the community wants.

• Like 3

I have played many non-hive servers and prefer the non hive servers, so I would like an explanation on why you guys are making a move to in a way eliminate private servers. Non hive servers have less lag, almost no chance of hacks, alot of friendly and hostile community, and no server hopping/scavengers. By making this choice to make all files server-side and not providing files for Non-HIVE servers, you are not only ruining the hosts chances of making peoples experience better but also making the load on your own incredibly terrible HIVE system even more. Not only this but we cannot have a linked community; just server hopping and random people. Please, PLEASE remember this is a mod. Communities make mods work. Communities expand, selling more copies. Without private servers you will not be allowing this game to grow to it's full potential. I understand the downsides to running ONE hive system, but right now as the code exists there is no way it will happen in a reasonable time.

Anders, just a minor note, you put the hive version was for July 21st. The one on the download page is only showing July 13th which is what I'm currently running (same version - 0.6.2.1).

He means as of Today (his time) the most recent version is 0.6.2.1.

Private servers are awesome. Zero hackers, no server hoppers, less lag, and everyone has to earn their position. The best part is the community. Take them away and just ruin the whole point of DayZ. The hive sucks - and it's a bad idea. Learn to cut your losses and stop investing in a flawed idea.

95208 made my server stick everyone at loading, so I had to downgrade it back to 95168. Any idea what that might be?

what the hell ? another patch ?!?!? dude vilayer hasnt even updated to 95168 wtfff o0 STOP IT FFS !

make bigger patches and test them before ! what a rubbish paste is that to release batches every 13,5 hours ?!

this is insane and is getting pathetic !

95208 made my server stick everyone at loading, so I had to downgrade it back to 95168. Any idea what that might be?

Be glad people can get to the loading screen, we just get a message that says "Bad version, server rejected connection" in the ARMA 2 screen. Getting a bit peeved with HFB.

I really, really empathize for you guys. If you could I'd bet all of you would patch your own servers. I'm really still lost on why rocket thinks going with providers is a a smart move compared to allowing us to build our own communities by giving us the server software.

• Like 1

I'm using 95168 and it works fine on my HIVE system. Multiple servers.

• Like 1

I really, really empathize for you guys. If you could I'd bet all of you would patch your own servers. I'm really still lost on why rocket thinks going with providers is a a smart move compared to allowing us to build our own communities by giving us the server software.

No complaints here. Vanilla DayZ since the start and it works well, even with the latest beta. This beta update issue has to deal with managed servers, nothing involving Rocket. You pay less for managed but you're restricted on what you can do by yourself, which means you have to wait til they roll it into their system. I don't see how giving us the "server software" would help in this regard.

They'll catch up to it. Won't ever be as fast and clean as having total control of a box, but they'll catch up.

Edited by HowIChrgeLazer

Vilayer kindly upgraded my server to 95208 while in the middle of playing it without telling me... and now all my users are stuck in the loading screen.

another evening of no gaming. I spend my hard earned money on a server, i cant use every friday night... because the next beta patch screws it up. Guys cmon i appreciate it needs doing but its getting silly now as its almost twice a week it changes.

Edited by Sloppzz

I like how the server provider i rent from forced my server to patch, Dick move vilayer dick move.