Sign in to follow this  
squurellkiller

Idea: kits/ loadouts

I think it's a good idea (imo) that rocket adds kits or loadouts into dayz. So when you die you get to pick a certain pre-made load out.

EX: instead of spawning with the usual stuff you get to spawn with an enfield, and a magazine for it.

EX 2: you spawn with binoculars and a single bandage.

The load outs will need to be balanced, and im sure rocket will balance them.

I looked for a topic like this, but didn't find one so i made my own. So dont get mad if there already is one. I would like to hear your opinions on this, i think its great, but its not going to be added into the game just because i want it. So leave your opinions below.

Yeah.. This game needs create a class 2.0

Hmm... I could possibly get behind this, provided it doesn't get retarded.

/signed (for now)

the problem is, spawning with a weapon makes zombies fairly pointless early on, the other big problem i see, is it actually encourages spawn camping.

right now its done for shits and giggles by people who are to afarid of dealing with higher end content, but you start giving people ammo, or other useful supplies, theres an actual value to killing them.

the problem is, spawning with a weapon makes zombies fairly pointless early on, the other big problem i see, is it actually encourages spawn camping.

right now its done for shits and giggles by people who are to afarid of dealing with higher end content, but you start giving people ammo, or other useful supplies, theres an actual value to killing them.

well there could be spawn protection, so u dont get hurt for a little while, and they dont get hurt either.

You don't get spawn protection in real life, you also don't get loadouts or kits when you are born.

You don't get spawn protection in real life, you also don't get loadouts or kits when you are born.

well u also dont get bandages and flashlights, and, i dont recall being born a grown man either. maybe we should spawn as babies too. Edited by squurellkiller

I wish I had bookmarked the one post I saw. They had a glorious idea that was similar to this. Where everyone still started out with what we do now, but depending on what sort of weapon you picked up and equipped, it would directly effect your inventory space; This would lead to a sort of "class" based inventory without actually forcing to pick a class at spawn. I need to go see if I gave that post my beans so I can quote it here.

I wish I had bookmarked the one post I saw. They had a glorious idea that was similar to this. Where everyone still started out with what we do now, but depending on what sort of weapon you picked up and equipped, it would directly effect your inventory space; This would lead to a sort of "class" based inventory without actually forcing to pick a class at spawn. I need to go see if I gave that post my beans so I can quote it here.

that would be cool too

I would stand by this only if a weapon is NOT an option.

rather you start with different supplies maybe a "medic" style loadout would start with 2 bandages and a blood bag... but then blood bags and/or any item givin at spawn would make new characters a target.

... I think I like the current loadout as the starting items are nothing that are worth farming (bandit killing new players to just to horde new spawn items)

It's great as it is, let's leave it at that.

This would make the game easier than it already is. I also don't see how picking up an Enfield would take up any more space than taking up a shotgun.

well there could be spawn protection, so u dont get hurt for a little while, and they dont get hurt either.

putting spawn protection would however violate one of the core foundations rocket swore in place, being a game mechanic that puts a direct and abstract restriction on players.