Sign in to follow this  
SleepyWeasel

Noob with question

Hey all, I'm new to the community. I saw some dayz footage on youtube randomly and it looks pretty fun so I thought I'd buy it. Some friends and I are thinking about buying this and I guess I just realized you need to buy Arma 2 to play it. Can I just buy normal Arma2 (which is like $15) and play DayZ? Or do I need to buy one of the expansions? Also, are bandits NPC's? Or once you start killing other people do you become classified as a bandit.

Thanks ahead of time

Buy arma II: combined operations. But if you are buying from steam wait till the 23rd because it might go on sale. The only NPC's are the zombies, bandits are people who kill other players. You need ARMA II and ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead (both come in the Combined Operations Pack).

Okay thanks, do I need Arma 2 OA to play DayZ? Also are Arma2 and Dayz Mac compatible?

I'm 90% sure ArmA is not mac compatible.

So I have installed the DayZ mod and Arma II combat operations. When I run Six Launcher I have the server list and it says "Join" and "Quick Match". However, when I try to join a server a box comes up that says "Unhandled exception during Play. The system cannot find the file specified". What does this mean and what am I doing wrong?

So I have installed the DayZ mod and Arma II combat operations. When I run Six Launcher I have the server list and it says "Join" and "Quick Match". However, when I try to join a server a box comes up that says "Unhandled exception during Play. The system cannot find the file specified". What does this mean and what am I doing wrong?

Try to reinstall everything using this guide: http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_to_install_DayZ

Hey all, I'm new to the community. I saw some dayz footage on youtube randomly and it looks pretty fun so I thought I'd buy it. Some friends and I are thinking about buying this and I guess I just realized you need to buy Arma 2 to play it. Can I just buy normal Arma2 (which is like $15) and play DayZ? Or do I need to buy one of the expansions? Also, are bandits NPC's? Or once you start killing other people do you become classified as a bandit.

Thanks ahead of time

Right now, Arma 2 CO is on sale on Steam for around 23 dollars. Buy it. If you and your friends want help with getting used to this game, send me a message here and give me your steam name.

I recommend buying it under the CO (Combined Operations). As the above said, it's only 23$ at the moment.

i've heard someone say that you only need operation arrowhead, is that lie? do you need both?

Edited by samiboy5