Sign in to follow this  
bulletbeard

Low-end notebook...

Let me start by saying hello to the Dayz Forum. My question is, can I play Day Z on lowest setting with a somewhat steady FPS on this system? I plan on using Arma II free + OA to avoid the higher texture resolutions to (hopefully) boost performance. I get a steady 30 FPS playing Arma II Free's Dynamic Zombie Sandbox mission at the moment.

My crappy specs:

CPU: Intel core 2 duo P7350 @ 2.00 GHZ (pc has touch-button overclock feature @2.33 ghz)

Video card: Nvidia Geforce GT 130M 512mb video RAM

4 GB RAM

Win 7 32bit

Please don't give a generic response that links me to can you run it. I did test Arma II there and passed min requirements, but failed Arma II Operation Arrowhead due to cpu. I apologize for bringing another thread like this, but I really dont want to spend money on something I cant use. Thanks in advance - Bologna

Edited by My Bologna

-Update-

I have acquired Arma II CO + Day Z by certain means to test it's playablity on my setup. There were only 10-15 players in this server and around 200 zombies, so I'm sure my results are a little higher than what I will experience in an official server. In the forests/on the coast I averaged 37-43 FPS; in Elektro with 2 other survivors and a massive horde 23-30 FPS. All settings are on low with 1280 resolution for both. I'm sure that once I purchase and get on an official server, my FPS will drop, but it should be entirely playable.