Sign in to follow this  
katulobotomia

The reason why people are so divided on the issue of night time darkness on DayZ...

i spent the night tuna fishing off the west coast, about 100 miles offshore. The skipper turned off the engine and all the lights for about 20 mins so we could enjoy the evening. It was breath taking how quiet and dark it got. It was a clear night with no moon and hardly any swell. i have never in my life seen the sky look that amazing. There are loads more stars out there than most people can even imagine.

• Like 2

i spent the night tuna fishing off the west coast, about 100 miles offshore. The skipper turned off the engine and all the lights for about 20 mins so we could enjoy the evening. It was breath taking how quiet and dark it got. It was a clear night with no moon and hardly any swell. i have never in my life seen the sky look that amazing. There are loads more stars out there than most people can even imagine.

Man I miss those stars :( I can barely even see the planets at night where I live, let alone the stars. It is such an overwhelming experience when all you've seen is maybe twenty to thirty stars in the sky at night, to suddenly being able to see thousands upon thousands of stars filling up every inch of the sky combined with the galaxy. I was a bit disappointed that I seemed to be the only one enjoying the view at the time, no one really cared for some specks of light on the sky. >:(

• Like 1

I am right in thinking that you cant equip a weapon while holding the flashlight? i would play when dark more if holding a pistol and a flashlight at once was an option. I know you can do this with chem lights etc.

night time would also be more dangerous if it weren't for the fact those servers tend to be pretty empty

In real life your eyes eventually adjust to the darkness, in DayZ they don't.

In real life your eyes eventually adjust to the darkness, in DayZ they don't.

not in the kind of darkness you find in the middle of the woods away from civilization on a moonless night they don't. if you don't believe it you should try it sometime, i can recommend a good spot.

Edited by p1n34l
  • Like 1

Yeah night time is easily the best for DayZ, Hell using some simple techniques you can run flat chat through a forest on a semi-dark night ingame. When it goes overcast and total black, then it's a bit harder but there's usually enough ambient to do it. Depends how sensitive the rods in ya eyes are.

Though for me true night is easily come by as I live in a non-polluted area.

space-light-pollution.jpg

i basically live in the middle of nowhere and it's never been dark enough to where i couldn't see at all. on a moonless, cloudy night, like you mentioned, it can get really dark. but you can still see enough to make your way around. it's darkest in the winter around here, but the snow makes things more visible at night than in the summer. so i think they could tweak it up just barely lighter. not as drastically as most people whine about though.

Isn't it magnificent? When the milky way stretches from one end of the sky to the other? One of the greatest views of all time.

I live in Salt Lake City, and there's not a lot of light pollution here. Go south a couple hours, and it's darker than all hell. Can't see where the ground begins, and where the sky ends.

As soon as it gets cloudy in the night on DayZ you can't see without NVG's or flashlight.

I live in Salt Lake City, and there's not a lot of light pollution here. Go south a couple hours, and it's darker than all hell. Can't see where the ground begins, and where the sky ends.

hell yeah, every year i go dear hunting up to the east of strawberry, on years where the weather is bad the fire which i should note is usually as tall or taller then a full grown man doesn't even give enough light to reach from 1 side of camp to the other and once your out of the light you can't see anything in front of you only behind you. People over estimate how far light travels because of light pollution but in reality a none focused beam of light does not give off light very far and even a flashlight only illuminates a cone like area in front of it.