Sign in to follow this  
Stubbies

( . Y . )y Traps.

This must have been covered already. but I'd like to bring trapping back into discussion.

Booby-traps.

The use of arming a corpse with a grenade, flare, smoke grenade.

When said corpse is attempted to be looted the trap will then be executed.

To counter setting off a trap, you can inspect body, then disarm trap. Then check for loot.

Needed to create booby trap;

1x Metal Scraps,

1x Flare/Smoke Gren/Grenade/m203 Gren/m203smkegren/m203flare.

1xToolbox

That is all.

Thanks

I lol'd at the title.

But people have already suggested this in other threads.

Please use the search function.

Seems only good at killing players' date=' the kinda thing we have enough of already.

[/quote']

Well, it brings another dynamic to it, so it is more fun. I think traps should be added.

If trapping would be added, I'd want the inspection of the body to tell the type of trap (smoke/flare/grenade) and there should be a chance of triggering the trap if you attempt to disarm it.

I don't like luck factors in games, but if you could always successfully disarm the trap, people would just get the habit of doing additional click before looting.

If there was a risk you'd trigger the trap, you'd have to do risk evaluation. If it's rigged with a frag grenade, you probably don't want to loot it unless you are starving and it's you last chance. If it's rigged with a flare you might take the risk to see what's inside.

25% chance would be high enough to make people consider it, which would add something to the game.

Stuff like this isn't a high priority, but good suggestion anyway.

Thanks guys, And @Leechman i did use search but nothing came up for ( . Y . ) owell.

Seems only good at killing players' date=' the kinda thing we have enough of already.

[/quote']

Not in the future update: zombies will investigate the body of dead players.

And it can be a good way to distract some zombies that keeps you from going on.

If trapping would be added' date=' I'd want the inspection of the body to tell the type of trap (smoke/flare/grenade) and there should be a chance of triggering the trap if you attempt to disarm it.

-snip-

[/quote']

Dying to a dice roll would be incredibly unsatisfying in this sort of game, even if were my choice to roll the dice. Others may have different opinions though. Maybe just make disarming take a fair bit of time, or take some sort of tool. If it takes time you may be exposed for longer, if it takes a depletable tool, well, not everyone will have said tool.

Dying to a dice roll would be incredibly unsatisfying in this sort of game' date=' even if were my choice to roll the dice. Others may have different opinions though. Maybe just make disarming take a fair bit of time, or take some sort of tool. If it takes time you may be exposed for longer, if it takes a depletable tool, well, not everyone will have said tool.[/quote']

While I agree dying to a dice roll would be unsatisfying, I think possibility of failing the disarm would be necessary to make trapping even remotely useful against players. If the traps can be detected with inspection (which I think is necessary, or else each body is a dice roll for death), then all the players will inspect before looting.

I wouldn't trap a corpse just to prevent someone from looting it, or delaying the looting, I'd want there to be a chance for the trap to go off in order to invest anything on it.

One option would be to put 100% success rate for disarms with some sort of tool, but also allow players to attempt disarming without tools, with a chance of triggering the trap.

Your kinda missing the point, Titty traps are made for killing people for a purpose. Example 1: Booby trapping a body near a millitary camp with an empty decent primary weapon on them to attract players. When they get close, you observe and shoot em - Or you let the bomb do the work. Either way i agree, no dice deaths. Have enough with alpha :)

what about the ability to booby trap yourself? kinda like dying with a grenade in your hand with the pin pulled out. move the body and the grenade balls out of your hand exploding after 5 seconds and destroying your body, maybe.

possibly only while your bleeding out?

what about the ability to booby trap yourself? kinda like dying with a grenade in your hand with the pin pulled out. move the body and the grenade balls out of your hand exploding after 5 seconds and destroying your body, maybe.

possibly only while your bleeding out?

Why would anyone even try to disarm the traps though? If someone inspected and saw that a trap was present, they would probably just assume it was looted before being trapped and move on.

Would you also need something to disarm it? Say a toolbox. And if you disarm it you should be able to loot it and use it yourself.