TheFlyingDemocrat

Bad version, server rejected connection?

Hi Forum,

I just got this kick@#* game today, but I can't seem to get into any servers via six launcher. Every time I try to join a server I get a message stating; "Bad version, server rejected connection." Although in the title of each server, it states that they are up to date with my exact 1.7.2.3 version. Is this error just an issue with the server in general? If so, what working servers would you recommend to a newbie?

Thanks guys! :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah, seems like six launcher isn't working today, as I have the same problem. Try using DayZ Commander, it *should* work, not sure though.

getting the same issue even filtering only servers on the versions im running (95168) still getting this same issue... wtf is goin on?

I have also tried the six launcher, and just going through the Multiplayer in game, and I STILL can not get in due to "BAD VERSION"....

Seeing how this is Beta...The first fix the patches and how it messing everything up for so long after a patch !!

• Like 1

wow the same thing is happening to me i cant join at all, and i don't have the fake version so what the hell is going on, like i just bought combined ops on steam because of the summer sale , but yet i cant even play because of this bug??

Get used to it, every time there is a patch either through DayZ, six launcher, or ARMAII this always happens...A LOT

Yep, same thing with me, looks like its going to be down for awhile..

boy-cry-gif-gun-sad-Favim.com-371713.gif

How about we don't use six-launcher. It doesn't seem to be a very attractive option. DayZ commander works on a good day, but I prefer direct server connection when I can get it.

When you get an update the servers needs to be updated to the current version to, that is why you cannot play if a server is outdated and you are not........

Yeah , I'm having the same problem. It was working fine and when i tried to change servers, i got the same message.

When you get an update the servers needs to be updated to the current version to, that is why you cannot play if a server is outdated and you are not........

When there is an update, can you chose not to update?

When there is an update, can you chose not to update?

If you start ARMA II and go mp-filter dayz-pick server instead of using the six launcher perhaps, i dont know.

How do you check which version you are playing on?

^ would also like to know this, couldn't seem to find it anywhere.

Too check your current version just open arma 2 without joining a server and it should be down at the bottom right hand corner 1.62.95***

I got that too on some servers but try to connect to different servers. That worked for me.

Can't I play DayZ without getting a bad version?? B-O-O-H-O-O!

oh look. another update. -___-

i do notice that i am sometimes able to join harcore or veteran servers while recruit and regular server player count has dropped off to 10 or less per server.

FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT TODAY!

It'd be awesome if they would just let an update run for more than 12hrs. It gets annoying when you spend more time trying to find a working server than playing the game.

It'd be awesome if they would just let an update run for more than 12hrs. It gets annoying when you spend more time trying to find a working server than playing the game.

Especially since Bohemia manages to break the Goddamn game twice as often as Rocket, who is one man fiddling around with a mish-mosh of unstable coding - whereas BI is, presumably, an entire ensemble of scripters. I just realized there was a new beta patch, and as soon as I go to get it, lo and behold there's a password on the thing. I mean, what the hell? There are no words in the English language that can express my compounding frustration at BI.