Sign in to follow this  
Sethen

Friendly FIRE? Yea I did it.

After my character of 3 weeks was killed sadly.. I had to start over which actually was perfect timing.

One of my IRL friends actually started playing DayZ after ragging him to try it out. We started off in Chern of course.. I previous killed a guy in one of apartments and found a decent allice pack and AK Kobra, but I was trying help explain game little by little to my friend as we plunder Chero in such of supplies for him. We finally make our way towards the military tents NE in Chero and I notice I sinper on building behind the tents crouched. I told him hug the stone wall and wait for my command to rush out. I blasted 5 rounds at the sniper and dropping the poor fellow instanly. Hard part was trying explain to my friend how to loot his shit.. Was hell. While we wasted good 5mins trying teach my friend how to loot his body two bandits ease to check out the gun fire I made eariler. Lucky of us! I was prone in edge of field and saw them first and told my buddy to lay down. I empty a clip for for hell of it and killed them both. Now my lucky friend is pretty set for his first time playing with gear etc! I figure i'd show him his first Air Field so took him to Balota (6min run) not to bad.

As we make it to Balota I wanted check the four deerstand tent base on the coast and supirsed on 34 population server no one in sight. We start making our way inside taking out a few zombies and all of sudden this guy logs in holding a G17 pointing at my face.. I quickly blasted him with few rounds and his glitched out standing yet bleeding. Hmm.. Must be logging in I figure poor guy. Then soon as I went loot his backpack as he was standing three of his buddies log in right next to him..

Lol so we had a field day blasted all four dead before they could actually legit LOG IN. :) Manage get me 4 friendly fire kills at once. Figure i;d share thought it was funny and yes was cold hearted but isn't DayZ in general!!

You are the cancer killing DayZ

Yes i am the cancer and you sir are not chemotherapy! You'll just be another infected victim then.

3 weeks?

Yes sadly my last character of 3 weeks was killed couple days ago. Actually had 300+ Zombie kills, 34 Murders 16 Bandit kills. Ended up getting little careless and was the death of me.

• Like 1

They probably should have chosen a better place to log out

• Like 1

Manage get me 4 friendly fire kills at once.

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means
Edited by stuffnthings

@stuffnthings

And you don't understand what that means in Arma 2 / DayZ standards.

Edited by Vanglory

okay killing the guys ´that was logging in was kinda harsh... but yet again, they could have chosen a better place to log out... so it guess its kinda there own fault :P who woulndt have killed people with weapons logging in on you,.. ohh well :P

I would do the same thing, don't bother giving the three guys left a chance to finish logging in. They aren't likely to forgive a guy killing their friend.

@stuffnthings

And you don't understand what that means in Arma 2 / DayZ standards.

please enlighten me

Friendly fire is accidentally shooting/hitting somebody who is on your team (ie, your buddy).

• Like 1

Friendly fire is accidentally shooting/hitting somebody who is on your team (ie, your buddy).

and shooting/killing people NOT on your team is? ....not friendly fire or fragging

point stands

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

thanks Reginald for confirming things mean what they actually mean and that Vanglory is some what confused

please enlighten me

Friendly fire the basic term is shooting a team member yes!! Someone within your squad etc.

Within DayZ if you kill another target/survivor while they are logging into the server it will announce your name across the left hand corner saying for example "Sethen has killed stuffinthings with friendly fire" instead of plainly saying "stuffnthings was killed"

Know your facts before you speak son.

Edited by Sethen
  • Like 1

Friendly fire the basic term is shooting a team member yes!! Someone within your squad etc.

Within DayZ if you kill another target/survivor while they are logging into the server it will announce your name across the left hand corner saying for example "Sethen has killed stuffinthings with friendly fire" instead of plainly saying "stuffnthings was killed"

Know your facts before you speak son.

thought the friendly fire message only triggered people being killed in the despawn forest .. learn somthing new every day

thought the friendly fire message only triggered people being killed in the despawn forest .. learn somthing new every day

No problem, We all learn at some point.

Fragging is accidentally killing somebody who is on your team.

That's not what fragging is, and it's never stood for that and I've been playing FPS games since CS 1.5 and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. Fragging = Killing. In general. Or it refers to grenading someone depending on the way you use the word. Friendly Fire = Accidental fire between team-mates that sometimes results in death.

1. Friendly fire, isn't.

2. Oncoming fire has the right of way.

Murphy's Laws of Combat