Sign in to follow this  
TheDude8D

I'm gonna play DayZ for the first time tonight :D

Ok! Hey guys.. I am picking up my new PC to run DayZ tonight and I was wondering if y'all could give me some tips on how to survive and stuff? :D

Don't get attached to your items! Hahaha....

:blush:

Try to find a barn, or a small town first. Barns especially have some good starting weapons and supplies.

Avoiding Zed's is simple, go prone in some grass, and see if your sight indicator is at none. They will not find you unless you are right next to them. (It may be slow, but it works.)

Sometimes you can find Canteens in enterable houses, you can fill those up at ponds, which is basically an infinite source of drink.

Can't think of anything else right now, good luck.

trust zombies, not players. at least you can run from a zombie faster than a player.

also, not all buildings are enterable, so don't go to all the buildings looking for an entrance.

snipers in cherno and elektro, watch your head and your back, dont even go afk for a pee or a drink.

First play thru ever?!? Ok, Read absolutely NO GUIDES OR MAPS WHATSOEVER! Wear headphones and turn up the volume. Play in a darkened room! After you have done that for about an hour on however many lives it took to get the experience THEN do the following:

dayzdb.com/map

youtube tutorials (especially INVENTORY tutorials & zombie sneaking)

turn the music OFF (so you can hear the REAL threat, other players)

use the above map to MEMORIZE what buildings hold what kind of loot

dont bother trying to make friends IN-game (hook up on forums or RL friends)

matches, hatchet, hunting knife!! (learn to use!)

Blue chemlights are the best because they only have a visible range of 35m. If you find one, make sure it's blue. Red is the second highest, green is the highest visibility. (If at night of course.)

If it is night, careful where you wave your flashlight, it can attract players and zombies.